• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some general question about the Pelagos super rep

zievwatch

Looking Around
28/6/18
New in general to watch reps, but I'm interested in a Pelagos super rep. I'm just a little confused because every picture I see of them the hour markers always seem to be crooked. Is this just generall accepted? Because that seems rather telling that something is up with the watch. That's the biggest thing holding me back at the moment. The only other thing I'm hung up on is the V6F v4 vs v3 debate. (Not even sure if I can get a v3 still) I read through one thread of the pros and cons, and it seems like v4 is just the way to go and to oil bearing. I'm a little worried about taking the watch apart and messing with it, but I'm pretty sure I can handle it.

akira448

25/3/13
Marker QC is going to be the toughest, it will never be perfect. But on the wrist the markers are very hard to notice it's not straight.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Mine has got perfect markers. It‘s a V6F. Maybe I have had good luck.
So careful check your QC pics and choose a good one.

V4 vs V3: Miyota 9015 is a good reliable movement. But you will always feel the rotor spinning because it‘s only winding in one direction. And have in mind that this movement does not have a fine adjustment screw. It‘s very difficult to regulate. And the power reserve is not very high.

So for me the eta clone is far better. More power reserve, gen like winding in both directions and a fine adjustment screw. Mine is very accurate. It only gains 2-3s/day.

And this V4 movement decoration is so useless. Noone will ever see it through a steel caseback...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Yknjs

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/3/18
Anybody have compared a V2/V3 with this new V4?
Bezel,dial,lume,case and bracelet?
There are real improvement or the main difference it’s only the “clone” movement?

petrescualex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/17
I have both V3 with the asian ETA and V4 with the Myiota, both of them V6F and both in blue. The aesthetics are hit and miss, it depends on how good the the TD is with the QC.
@Smpfan said it very well and indeed I much prefer the V3 with the asian ETA, the myiota is super loud. But what I have noticed is that the crown on the V3 is nicer, the knurling is deeper and it's easier to turn. Also the lume on the V4 is much better! Take a look.

7W3m4Xm.jpg

petrescualex

30/5/17
If you have any specific questions on the on the pelagos reps, i would gladly answer.

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
You started out calling the Pelagos V6F V4 a 'Super Rep'...Not sure that its in that category quite yet??
Have a V6F V3...excellent rep...Runs great, looks great...but not sure if its a 'Super'...
Bezel not very tight, lume just 'OK'...

petrescualex

30/5/17
I agree, the bezeles on the v3 and v4 feel the same. A lot of play back and forth. But the v3 bezel tighten up a bit on its own during the 6 months i've had it.

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
My V3 is about yr old... Keeps excellent time (about 2-3 sec/day)...Again, don't feel its quite at 'Super' status...
Fix the bezel issue and beef-up the lume (which the V4 seems to have done) and it'll be real close.
Not sure why they went to the Miyota mvmt (my V3 has the Asian ETA)...Have several watches with the Miyota 9015 and its an excellent mvmt.
Have several V6F factory reps and they do an excellent job re: quality!

akira448

25/3/13
Got rid of my V3 a while back, might have to pick up a V4 cuz that lume looks amazing!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
If you get the v4, unless it's going to be your only watch, I'd say just take the rotor out and use it as a hand wind. The rotor is SO noisy, louder than any of my other Miyotas movements by a significant factor. That aside, it's a great watch.

petrescualex

30/5/17
My V3 is about yr old... Keeps excellent time (about 2-3 sec/day)...Again, don't feel its quite at 'Super' status...
Fix the bezel issue and beef-up the lume (which the V4 seems to have done) and it'll be real close.
Not sure why they went to the Miyota mvmt (my V3 has the Asian ETA)...Have several watches with the Miyota 9015 and its an excellent mvmt.
Have several V6F factory reps and they do an excellent job re: quality!

How do you fix the bezel issue?

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
The bezel can be fixed by popping it off and adjusting the metal peice that sticks up and goes in the bezel notches. There is a plastic ring that pops into a groove in the bezel that pops out when you take it off. The rotor is also easy to oil and makes it nearly silent.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
That lume of this V4 looks incredible!

If you want to fix the bezel tightness I recommend to file the notch of the „60“ digit as deep as possible. After that you‘ll receive a more gen like click for this position. Did this on mine and it worked well.
For more tightness I recommend not only modding the click spring. Those 3 other spring loaded items should be improved, too. Simply lengthen the springs carefully a bit or put an additional small screw under the springs to increase the load.

You will get a really tight bezel feeling without any play and a louder and stronger click on „60“.

petrescualex

30/5/17
That lume of this V4 looks incredible!

If you want to fix the bezel tightness I recommend to file the notch of the „60“ digit as deep as possible. After that you‘ll receive a more gen like click for this position. Did this on mine and it worked well.
For more tightness I recommend not only modding the click spring. Those 3 other spring loaded items should be improved, too. Simply lengthen the springs carefully a bit or put an additional small screw under the springs to increase the load.

You will get a really tight bezel feeling without any play and a louder and stronger click on „60“.

Thanks mate!

Will try to do that

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Is the biggest complaint about v3 the lume?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nycixc

Horology Curious
8/8/18
Is the biggest complaint about v3 the lume?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

From what I’ve read yes, for the ZF V3. The V4 fixes this but seems to come with a Miyota 9015 which ticks louder than the Asian ETA 2824, plus the Miyota winds in one direction? So the clinking of the watch when you move your wrist can get annoying.

im desperately trying to get a dealer to source the LHD version of the Pelagos— the roulette date wheel & red / off white accents are amazing.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
V3 and V4 are made by KW/V6F not ZF.