• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Short Honeymoon.

welfare-watch-guy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/18
It's been 4 days since I received my ZF Tudor Black Bay red bezel and it's already malfunctioning.

Whenever I unscrew the crown to manually wind the watch it engages the rotor and I can hear and feel it spinning as I turn the crown. Pretty bummed over this as I was expecting this movement to be reliable and I know sending your watch back to the dealer is a waste of time and sometimes a watch. It's probably going to cost almost as much as the watch to get fixed.

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
What movement does it have? I’ve encountered this issue before, but seriously, do you ever need to manually wind it? Pick it up, set it, give it a shake, and slap it on the wrist. Sorted

Reactions: ILuvTheCLock

welfare-watch-guy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/18
It uses the a2824. I suppose you're right...its not a show stopper.....but it's still disappointing.

buster67

Known Member
27/3/15
Warwickshire England
A bit of a bummer but part and parcel of rep ownership perhaps? When buying gens from ADs you have none of these worries but you certainly pay for the privilege.
You pays your money and takes your choice.......

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Yup. Get a gen ETA 2824-2 movement, install it, or have it installed by one of the many modders here in the forum, and you're done.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pyknic

24/10/17
what other mods on the ZF BB red shield apart from the Gen movement would give it that extra 'edge'