• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Grfranco

Known Member
26/8/19
Conus
Gen BB58 hands are more off white which gives the vintage vibes.

It is quite obvious when comparing side by side.

Brown strap is ZF
Black strap is Gen
ce1a6ae101344df32582ff999e07d926.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Noticeable but not a huge difference. May have to buy the ZF again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomad1916

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/21
Just put payment through of a black bay 58 zf v2. What are the main things I should look out for? From reading this thread, the tube length, lume and hour marker alignment are the main things to look out for. Anythijg else I should be aware of?

Thank you all so much!

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
I in addition I have seen in some samples lug brushing defects. Pearl not completely filled. Lugs damaged near bracelets due to clumsy assembly. Bracelet brushing defects.

Mirnor defects:
clasp gap, I think is basically always present
Bezel inserted not completely pushed in. Easy fix just pressing it

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Mirnor defects:
clasp gap, I think is basically always present
Bezel inserted not completely pushed in. Easy fix just pressing it

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Just put payment through of a black bay 58 zf v2. What are the main things I should look out for? From reading this thread, the tube length, lume and hour marker alignment are the main things to look out for. Anythijg else I should be aware of?

Thank you all so much!

who'd you order through? ZF got raided and most AD's cant get ZF watches as a result. Curious if you'll get the watch or a refund.

Reactions: Nomad1916

Nomad1916

1/2/21
Thank you for letting me know, I didn't realise that. I was told I'll receive qc photos and it'll be shipped after CNY. I hope he has one in stock now.

Nomad1916

1/2/21
Thank you for letting me know, I didn't realise that. I was told I'll receive qc photos and it'll be shipped after CNY. I hope he has one in stock now. Ordered through chazing time.

Last edited:

mrsub

10/1/17
I just received my BB58 and the clasp feel kinda loose. Is the gen the same or just bad tolerances on the rep?

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17
really splendid the black bb58 .. i'm also looking for weeks for a used bb58 zf v2 nek flea market .. but it seems impossible to find it black ... unfortunately new coj chinese new year it is impossible to order it, rayan does not even reply to emails ... my idea was to then mod it with gen glass and maybe gen dial ...
if someone intends to sell, he can write to me in pm..I also opened a post in the appropriate section

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Anyone see a BB58 QC since things have started back up? Wondering if the crown tube is any shorter than it was last year. Thanks

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Gen BB58 hands are more off white which gives the vintage vibes.

It is quite obvious when comparing side by side.

Brown strap is ZF
Black strap is Gen
ce1a6ae101344df32582ff999e07d926.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Indeed ... but modding the Rep hands and lume dots to off-white is 10mns job ...

Reactions: romeospadre

fauxtogo

Supporter
27/1/20
Anyone see a BB58 QC since things have started back up? Wondering if the crown tube is any shorter than it was last year. Thanks

Not sure if you're wondering only about the black, but I just got QC pics for my blue BB 58, so I'm guessing ZF is back on the menu, boys!

Reactions: Rel

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Not sure if you're wondering only about the black, but I just got QC pics for my blue BB 58, so I'm guessing ZF is back on the menu, boys!

Can you post a pic from your QC from straight on? Ibut as you said, 'm more interested in the black, as it's the one with the tube issues.

Last edited:

fauxtogo

Supporter
27/1/20
Yes, Thank you!

The crown tube in this pic looked a little long to me compared to gen, but not a major difference. It also seems about what we can expect from ZF for this model. Did you have a different impression? I haven't approved the QC yet, so any input is welcome!

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
The crown tube in this pic looked a little long to me compared to gen, but not a major difference. It also seems about what we can expect from ZF for this model. Did you have a different impression? I haven't approved the QC yet, so any input is welcome!

I'm just keeping tabs (mostly for the black model) to know what to expect when ordering. Someone indicated to me yesterday that the blue one doesn't seem to be as much of an issue when compated to gen and they seem to be correct.

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17

do you know how to solve this problem .. the safety lock tends to rise ... in addition one of the 2 locking balls of the central enclosure is re-entered and does not come out all the way .. can it be fixed?

Last edited:

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
I'm just keeping tabs (mostly for the black model) to know what to expect when ordering. Someone indicated to me yesterday that the blue one doesn't seem to be as much of an issue when compated to gen and they seem to be correct.

Crown on the blue...
dc9fe07dee5fa141b7c038144d784e42.jpg

Reactions: shel504