• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Angel91

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/20
Seems good to me yeah. It might be the angle. Anyway, it’s hard to get a perfect watch isn’t it? ;)

Reactions: Rbur9

Rbur9

Horology Curious
17/2/20
Received my BB58 in the mail today. Anyone know whether there's been an issue with the crown stem being crooked? I realized mine is not set at 90 degrees - it's higher than the 3 marker and pointing down. Is this normal? Love it otherwise - almost wondering if it could have been damaged in the mail...

Dtroxx

25/2/20
Received my BB58 in the mail today. Anyone know whether there's been an issue with the crown stem being crooked? I realized mine is not set at 90 degrees - it's higher than the 3 marker and pointing down. Is this normal? Love it otherwise - almost wondering if it could have been damaged in the mail...
O0llK.jpg

O0pfv.jpg

O0P21.jpg

The crown stem looks damaged. Where did you order this one? At the other side the crown stem/tube length seems better then the other v2 pictures i have seen in this topic. Btw you ordered 17-2 and received the watch 26-2 :) how did you fix that :).

Last edited:

Dtroxx

25/2/20
I realy want to buy the bb58 ZF v2 but is the tube lenght a big issue? When i compare a Gen with a ZF V2 photo from a forum member it looks like it is 1mm thicker right?
Or should i go for the 41mm Heritage 2016 Black Bay Shield ZF, do you guys know if the Tube lenght is also an issue on that model, I can't find any posts on the forum for that model...

Rbur9

Horology Curious
17/2/20
Anyone know what is the best way to go about disputing a damaged watch with TD?

Dtroxx

25/2/20
just received my C&B Chevron NATO.
I‘m very, very happy with the strap! Outstanding quality and feels very good on the wrist.

I‘ve ordered also the original Tudor NATO but I think this is perfect for the price.

As they write on the website, very easy adjustable for your wrist.

This is the CHEVRON™ - NIGHT + HARVEST right? How many mm did you order and what Finish? Thanks

Dtroxx

25/2/20
Anyone know what is the best way to go about disputing a damaged watch with TD?

Maybe you can start a topic here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/puretime-watches-international
I can't read anything about sending back a broken watch :( only this:
3. As we mentioned in point 2, once the watch is in our office, we cannot get a refund on it. The best we can do is get an exchange but ONLY if the new watch you want is from the same maker or if your watch doesn’t pass QC.

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
I realy want to buy the bb58 ZF v2 but is the tube lenght a big issue? When i compare a Gen with a ZF V2 photo from a forum member it looks like it is 1mm thicker right?
Or should i go for the 41mm Heritage 2016 Black Bay Shield ZF, do you guys know if the Tube lenght is also an issue on that model, I can't find any posts on the forum for that model...

I want to differentiate two things: I personally find the difference between Gen and Rep tube length not super noticeable or dramatic. Side by side you can tell, you’ll have to decide if you can accept that or not.

Apart from the Gen/Rep comparison I have to say that I just don’t find a very long crown tube visually appealing. If the Gen has such a long crown tube, it would definitely influence how much I like the watch. This is the main reason why the long crown tube is annoying to me.

In the end it’s up to you to decide how much of an issue it is for you.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is

anybody here knows how to fix this? Not sure what the right terminology is but the tiny “balls” have all been pushed back into the clasp. Only 1 remains protruding out (marked in purple)

Mine is similar. The two middle ones are pushed in so the clasp doesn't close but the clasp lock part works great and keeps it secure fortunately.

Dtroxx

25/2/20
Nice watch! Congrats! How is the tube on this one? Ik can't see it on the picturea.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Does the watch have a phantom date setting or is the movement modded so crown position is only winding and second position is hacking?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Does the watch have a phantom date setting or is the movement modded so crown position is only winding and second position is hacking?

I don't own one but i think it has that phantom position. I have never seen a replica, no-date Rolex or Tudor without that phantom position.

You could consider swapping in an ETA 2840 or 2842 combined setting lever to remove that phantom position.

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Also, if the crown protrudes too much, did anyone here try to remove the crown/ stem, then file down the tube so that the crown could screw closer to the case?

Last edited:

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
Also, if the crown protrudes too much, did anyone here try to remove the crown/ stem, then file down the tube so that the crown could screw closer to the case?

Someone in this thread there was someone who did this. I remember that it was some Italian post that was linked in this thread

Reactions: pompompurin

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Someone in this thread there was someone who did this. I remember that it was some Italian post that was linked in this thread

if that's possible, then it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish. Any competent watchsmith should be able to remove the crown/stem and file down the tube.