• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

DwightSchrute

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/19
EU
My favorite Tudor
ce97386700ed4555c9cd4be3382bdba1.jpg

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

It's beautiful! Looking forward to receive one myself.

Reactions: Cannazza

Cannazza

Renowned Member
Certified
18/12/18
Nice strap, can you share where you got it?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1903 met Tapatalk
Italian craftsman who makes bespoke straps (great quality / price).
Then i bought a tudor deployante Rep.
If you want the contact write me in private
af623fadc9eda50216e0281f9364548f.jpg
ca05eefe358ed84ed2c2a931bbe59b55.jpg

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Michu

DwightSchrute

8/10/19
EU
Imo the tube seems too long. Maybe ask for a video..

Thanks. I think I'm gonna RL this after further inspection. The bezel seems quite misaligned, and I doubt that crown will look better even from another angle. Hopefully a second one might be better.

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Thanks. I think I'm gonna RL this after further inspection. The bezel seems quite misaligned, and I doubt that crown will look better even from another angle. Hopefully a second one might be better.

Bezel just looks one click off and ask if crown is screwed in all the way. Many TDs seem to just give it enough twist to engage the first threads rather than screw it down. Ask for new pics before RL

DwightSchrute

8/10/19
EU
Bezel just looks one click off and ask if crown is screwed in all the way. Many TDs seem to just give it enough twist to engage the first threads rather than screw it down. Ask for new pics before RL

I see, those seems like valid points. Thanks for the insight!

Knoidegdun

Horology Curious
10/10/19
assuming the crown is the newer shorter updated one, and even lume, would the consensus be that this can be considered as a super rep? from what I've seen, it looks very very good. Imo as close to gen as the black bay shields are.

onewatch2018

Renowned Member
19/4/18
1st picture, Received mine with a long stem.

2nd pic, gen on hodinkee's website. Stem seems long as well.

3rd & 4th pic, had the stem shortened.

efd93e17b53273aa047531170719f046.jpg
e9955b734af9d8de8347f293318e7c2e.jpg
0bd5d61ec97507e4dfd09e5a1c6a5dac.jpg
e3ce92865437734cd9849ba852d5431e.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

DwightSchrute

8/10/19
EU

Pure Time answered that all their stock looks the same, they did not really answer if the crown was fully screwed in though.

I'm not sure what to do, if all stock is the same in this regard I guess it's a take it or leave it type deal. It feels kinda sad though that a newer batch has actually gotten the bad tube length back after being fixed.

For example, see pic below. To the left is a QC pic from some time ago that I grabbed from this thread, and to the right is mine from like yesterday with the crown length to dominate the world.

Any suggestions how to deal with this? What do I say to PT? I'm very reluctant to accept a watch with a problem that is supposed to be fixed in the v2.

Thanks!

Reactions: Michu

Knoidegdun

Horology Curious
10/10/19
Pure Time answered that all their stock looks the same, they did not really answer if the crown was fully screwed in though.

I'm not sure what to do, if all stock is the same in this regard I guess it's a take it or leave it type deal. It feels kinda sad though that a newer batch has actually gotten the bad tube length back after being fixed.

For example, see pic below. To the left is a QC pic from some time ago that I grabbed from this thread, and to the right is mine from like yesterday with the crown length to dominate the world.

Any suggestions how to deal with this? What do I say to PT? I'm very reluctant to accept a watch with a problem that is supposed to be fixed in the v2.

Thanks!

I'm a newbie here (and to reps in general) but what I've read so far is that puretime isn't among the best TDs for pre-qc. If I were you, I would reject and tell them I will wait for v2. Yours is clearly v1.

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19

Thanks!

I ordered from PT about 2 weeks ago and gotten a shortened tube from 2nd QC. Insist on getting a shorter tube or just ask for another watch. 100% guaranteed you won't love the BB58 with that long tube.

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
Did anybody else struggle with those spring bars?
I only managed to remove the bracelet on one side (12 o’clock), I think I need a 0.8mm end fork...

airbowatch

11/6/19
I was just wondering, what do the experts think of this model (58) qualitywise compared to the new BB36? Are they equal in quality or is one superior over the other?

Reactions: Ronald