• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

TsarVII

Looking Around
6/9/19
How easy do you think it could be for a watchmaker to align 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 markers on a black bay 58?
I 'm on my third set of QC pictures, don't want to be weird but really like that watch. Always 1-2 markers off, a little or more.

Howitzer

19/7/17
UK
C&B Chevron strap are really awesome! I have the same exact setup atm.

I have the C&B Midnight/Ccrimson on my BB GMT and it's a great strap (although I got stung for £13 by Royal Mail on top of the $32 so ended up being very expensive!).

Interestingly, cheapestnatostraps have started doing them too, and they look scarily similar (barring hardware - same manufacturer?), have the same colourway names, are less than half the price, and in the EU for anyone who is interested.

Link: https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/...ap-midnight-and-barley?variant=29839136129123

Midnight/Harvest is currently sold out, but you can set up to be notified when they are back in stock.

Reactions: Rolorin

Svitzer

Renowned Member
22/1/17
In case anybody would like to sell his BB58 and based in EU, let me know.. thanks guys!

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
I have the C&B Midnight/Ccrimson on my BB GMT and it's a great strap (although I got stung for £13 by Royal Mail on top of the $32 so ended up being very expensive!).

Interestingly, cheapestnatostraps have started doing them too, and they look scarily similar (barring hardware - same manufacturer?), have the same colourway names, are less than half the price, and in the EU for anyone who is interested.

Link: https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/...ap-midnight-and-barley?variant=29839136129123

Midnight/Harvest is currently sold out, but you can set up to be notified when they are back in stock.

You're right mate. They do look very similar, maybe the photo makes it look a tad more blueish. What is very similar is the number of buckle holes it has. Here is another cheap alternative with a very similar material but with more buckle holes: https://www.luffwatchstrap.com/coll...ducts/nautical-with-beige-stripes-woven-strap

The difference is C&B are 25.5cm, cheapestnatostrap at 30cm and Luff Strap at 27cm but with 9 buckle holes. I'm getting a Luff strap soon and will check it out. I still prefer C&B as they have options for hardware finish.

Reactions: Rolorin

Howitzer

19/7/17
UK
You're right mate. They do look very similar, maybe the photo makes it look a tad more blueish. What is very similar is the number of buckle holes it has. Here is another cheap alternative with a very similar material but with more buckle holes: https://www.luffwatchstrap.com/coll...ducts/nautical-with-beige-stripes-woven-strap

The difference is C&B are 25.5cm, cheapestnatostrap at 30cm and Luff Strap at 27cm but with 9 buckle holes. I'm getting a Luff strap soon and will check it out. I still prefer C&B as they have options for hardware finish.

Thanks mate. Will be interested to see what you think of the Luff. I'll get a CNS one ordered soon as well and do a comp with my C&B. The overall length is not a massive issue as they are adjustable of course.

mohak

Horology Curious
9/8/19
EU
Got my 58 ZF V2 2 weeks ago from Intime. Overall i love it.

Pros:
  • Watch head looks pretty much 1:1 in my opinion.
  • Rotor noise unnoticeable.
  • SS strap looks very gen and feels ok.
  • Watch runs +-2, power reserve is great.
  • Lume is satisfying.
Cons:
  • Crown & winding obviously does not feel gen at all.
  • Bezel can be pushed down 1mm or so at 6.
  • Case edges are not as smooth as on my gen BB.
  • Strap clasp has a little play. Closing my gen tudor bracelet works 100% at first try - with this rep I have to be more precise when pushing it down.
I combined it with a Crown & Buckle Chevron Strap. Website says Black/Blue but under most light conditions it just appears black and pretty much like the original Tudor Fabric color wise. Would definitely recommend it.

Let me know if you need any specific information or images!

Reactions: pcghill and lfarcos

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19

Pros:
  • Lume is satisfying.
Cons:
  • Strap clasp has a little play. Closing my gen tudor bracelet works 100% at first try - with this rep I have to be more precise when pushing it down.
I combined it with a Crown & Buckle Chevron Strap. Website says Black/Blue but under most light conditions it just appears black and pretty much like the original Tudor Fabric color wise. Would definitely recommend it.

Bezel action on par with gen? and bracelet feels ok meaning its like any other rep bracelet with the usual sharp edges? Thanks

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16

Pros:
  • Lume is satisfying.
Cons:

Thanks for your review

I’m going to order a BB58 too, but do you recommend it? I’m very worried about the bezel which can be pushed down 1mm or so. In the past I had a BB41 blue which had some play in the bezel too. This flaw bothers me.

I suppose all the BB58 have this flaw.

Any comparative pics??

Thanks in advance!

Howitzer

19/7/17
UK
I’m going to order a BB58 too, but do you recommend it? I’m very worried about the bezel which can be pushed down 1mm or so. In the past I had a BB41 blue which had some play in the bezel too. This flaw bothers me.

I fear your expectations may be a little high mate :) Even the bezel on my gen BB 79220N can be pushed down, maybe not quite as much as 1mm but it's certainly noticeable (when you look for it, I'd never even noticed until I checked just now!)

quangvuong

Horology Curious
26/8/19
Aussieland

Strap material looks just about the same. I guess the only difference other than hardware is that the end isn’t stitched like the C&B. It looks like it’s only heat sealed and likely will fray earlier.

mohak

Horology Curious
9/8/19
EU
Strap material looks just about the same. I guess the only difference other than hardware is that the end isn’t stitched like the C&B. It looks like it’s only heat sealed and likely will fray earlier.

On the images, the one from cheapestnatostraps looks way more blueish than C&Bs.

mohak

Horology Curious
9/8/19
EU
Bezel action on par with gen? and bracelet feels ok meaning its like any other rep bracelet with the usual sharp edges? Thanks

Obviously not on par with gen, but close. Bracelet feels pretty good for a rep - wouldn't call the edges sharp. Not as good as Tudor gen though, which is close to perfect imo. But definitely good enough to wear comfortably.

Parci73

Known Member
25/10/11
You are right, from my point this Rep in V2 don’t need any mods! Much value for the money!

d52c5930db050f1c2fb0b7370ce9c99f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecender and lfarcos

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
You are right, from my point this Rep in V2 don’t need any mods! Much value for the money!

d52c5930db050f1c2fb0b7370ce9c99f.jpg

Mate., your BB58 unit is very nice! Very near perfect!

I’ve rejected the first QC pics because it had some flaws, mainly the crown tube was long, not like gen. Markers/indexes misaligned too.

I hope to find a unit like yours :)

Enjoy it!!

Last edited:
Reactions: onewatch2018

onewatch2018

Renowned Member
19/4/18
Seems like the 6 o clock hour marker is slightly misaligned and the usual issue of the crown tube still being abit too long.
be4526676cbc12d6856c50d45c4de041.jpg
98f3c29f8c8e07500ee8b8038f461a04.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
Based on the QCs I have seen on this thread. I'd say half of them have this misaligned:

bdfd23684518a5d3e3a04ea6fafb61423a5d16e62e51a773.png

The tip of the 12 triangle is not centered with the shield logo. Just something else to keep an eye on when checking QC.

Last edited:

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
Guys, How's your BB58 holding up?

Mine's still great like when I got it last April.

RammStein

Looking Around
20/9/19
Okay. Help me understand a few things before i make a bad bargain.

- I am looking to buy a Heritage BB58 39MM.
- I am based in Europe (Northern)

What are the things/websites i should look out for?

I've looked both at TrustyTime and PureTimeWatch.

PureTimewatch doesn't mention whether or not they sell the V2 or V1 version to me. I heard/have seen that the V2 is a must compared with the V1 due to the crown?
(I am talking about this listing by the way- https://puretimewatch.io/black-bay-...-edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2824.html )

TrustyTime does mention that they're selling the V2, but when i look at their previews/QC, the crown seems to be way different between the two.
Have they not updated their pictures, or do i have the wrong expectations?

(This listing -> http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=228&products_id=20072 )
And these pictures:
http://www.trustytime01.cc/images/TUDOR/TUD066_07.jpg Versus http://www.qcpics.com/var/albums/TUD066-/IMG_5220.JPG?m=1559761823

So really the question becomes, are all "V2" models actually the same models, (with slight individual variations(?)) and if that the case, where should i buy from, also taking into account Shipping time, customer support for when a watch doesn't pass "QC" -> (When is something considered unpassable?-> a question for later, i guess.) etc.

Looking forward to some of your answers. Thanks.

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
Just in, with watchgecko zuludiver
8978a0c711c69e669c546fc793f06740.jpg
882175c182c5ffa9b75dc34a9877690d.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1903 met Tapatalk

Reactions: Ecender