• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

justchillinfambo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/7/19
So here are my bracelet links shown to be stiff and hard to move/bend: https://imgur.com/a/2KWNyx2

Any way to rectify this? It's hard for it to conform to my wrist cause it is so stiff. Should I complain or is there a way to smooth it out?

Last edited:

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Take off the bracelet and throw it in an ultrasonic cleaner. There’s usually crud in there from manufacturing. You could oil the bracelet, but oil attracts new crud in time. I always ultrasonically clean them.

Good idea, I have one but hadnt thought to use it for that. Do you just use simple green?

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15
I just got my BB58, amazing watch! Does anyone have a tiny "tick" noise every once in a while? I am sure it isn't the bracelet and it's from the rotor or something. It is only every so often, weird. Is anyone familiar with this?

Last edited:

justchillinfambo

Banned
15/7/19
Does the the bezel on the BB58 by ZF rotate? Mine is in a fixed position.

Last edited:

justchillinfambo

Banned
15/7/19
Yes, the bezel rotates counter clockwise. It's a firmer bezel, and the thinness makes it more difficult to rotate too.

Thanks for the response. I'm actually kind of scared trying to move it since it seems so stuck in place.

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
Hi guys, Im in love with the BB58, but i recently started liking the BB41.
It is not completely clear to me, the ZF V2 BB58 has the correct lumes, and some say the crown tube was fixed, others say it wasnt, as well as bezel alignment. Are there any other relevant flaws? From what I've read here it looks great!
Do you recommend one over the other? ZF BB58 vs LF BB41 :)
Thanks!

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Hi guys, Im in love with the BB58, but i recently started liking the BB41.
It is not completely clear to me, the ZF V2 BB58 has the correct lumes, and some say the crown tube was fixed, others say it wasnt, as well as bezel alignment. Are there any other relevant flaws? From what I've read here it looks great!
Do you recommend one over the other? ZF BB58 vs LF BB41 :)
Thanks!

Lume is a little too white on the v2 and there’s a minimal difference in hand colour and the 12, 3, 6, 9 markers. The circular plots match up with the hands though. Size is great! The height of the BB41 is just too tall for my liking. Bezel turns and clicks as it should - on mine at least. Tube height looks good too
1d59797fc05f48d92a7d299ed4dfacaf.jpg

182c4ce603f0c8af9ca25d84ae9c2242.jpg
9e26d5f5bbe08df62f5d0a3b27bfedb3.jpg
. In general I‘m very happy with it.

Reactions: Michu and alexpaf

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
The first shot is also your QC right? The next shots are seemingly shifted aside because of the dome of the crystal.

Thisguyman

Horology Curious
31/10/17
Hey Automotiveromance ,

Thanks for the input, sorry for the lack of clarity.
The first picture is a Gen photo, the next two are my QC's.

In the first image the Swiss Made looks perfect. I have tried to find similar gen photos in the same angle but have struggled. I have also looked through this thread to see if anyone else has had similar thoughts.

I ended up getting about 8 pictures, none have the Swiss made clear and in all shots the dail seems mis-aligned. I'm pretty new to this so it may be due to the dome. With this in mind would you green light?

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
The Swiss Made is only visible head on, both on gen and rep alike. But in the 2 QC pics it does look like the entire dial is shifted to the left (most likely because the stem was cut too long). It’s hard to tell because of the dome, though I think I would request another watch in this case.

Last edited:

Thisguyman

Horology Curious
31/10/17
https://m.imgur.com/a/ftVEJ3Y

Here's another shot for those interested, it looks slightly okay from this angle but I'm still concerned. I've accepted the watch already but the seller hasn't shipped it.

Fingers crossed they can provide me with a more clear picture and assurance before sending it out or they'll let me change it. I'm probably just paranoid, the rep game is a hard one to play.

Last edited:

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
The watch looks fine. The second and third photo are taken from an angle.

I concur. After that last picture you shared, it’s clear that the dome on the crystal makes it look shifted. The distortion on the edges of the crystal is very pronounced with this watch.

Thisguyman

Horology Curious
31/10/17
I concur. After that last picture you shared, it’s clear that the dome on the crystal makes it look shifted. The distortion on the edges of the crystal is very pronounced with this watch.

Yep spot on, the TD came back and it looks good. For those with OCD please bear this in mind. Also the markers also look mis-aligned due to the above reason even on Gen photos