• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
New strap. I wished we can buy the gen fabric strap.

48239845061_caf21786e7_b.jpg

I had to cut the strap though as it was too big for my wrist.

Reactions: emzeeka and jpchub

johnwatch

Certified
14/12/13
Great pictures man, makes me want to pull the trigger immediately!

do It I had a gen BB the first year it came out. the rep was so good I sold it and bought a rep with gen box and gen strap. loved it all the way until I got the BB58. Love it more. This one has a sentimental value as I bought it with the small inheritance I got in December when My Dad passed away. Took six months to receive the Gen. Now the reps are almost 100% ha. Won't be selling this one though.

Reactions: jackflash

kaneinthecan

Looking Around
22/11/17
Is it just me or does it seem hard to gauge exactly how long the crown tube is on this v2? Can anyone help with pictures with the camera directly over the tube with the crown screwed all the way in - not over the center of the watch? It just seems like a deal breaker to have this super long crown.

Also got a couple different responses when asking dealers. Puretime said v2 fixed the issue, but the pictures on the product page are of v1. Chazingtime said they don't think zf shortened the tube for v2.

Reactions: mrbrown0916

N0tail_

1/6/17
This black strap as it is more comfortable. It's like a nylon strap

Oh, I might have been mistaken. For some reason I thought you also had a Khakhi Sahara strap from Erika too.

Looks great!

jackojack

Horology Curious
24/8/15
Nope, apart from the dial being a bit lighter than gen, and that the bezel is not aligned 100% to the dial (but nothing that would bother me).

The bezel alignment isn't an issue as we saw on a previous gen picture from a RWI member. Mine is pretty much well aligned though. But the pearl is off if you know what to look for. Just got it and already looking for a gen bezel which is hard to find...

Last edited:

KSolid21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
Has anyone done a write up on how to shorten the crown tube? I just ordered a v2 that still looks a smidge too long. I would love to work on it if there is a way to do it without hurting the watch and maintaining WR.

desectro

27/2/15
any new pictorial updates on the V2? still doubting the inconsistent hands lume. ZF could've just gone with the BB GMT hands and markers set or if patina with the earlier batches BB ...

Reactions: origami

KSolid21

29/1/19
I just ordered mine. The lume looked fine, but crown tube still seemed long. I should have tried a RL’d, but I missed it. I’m trying to figure out if there is a way to file down or shorten the crown tube length without compromising the watch.

KSolid21

29/1/19
I was attempting to say the past tense of Red Light, which basically means rejecting he product.

desectro

27/2/15
you may need to adjust the crown stem length as well if ure going to mod the tube. come on show us some shots! i dont think the stem length would be that obvious ..

KSolid21

29/1/19
My watch is in the mail. I should receive it this Tuesday. I’ll plan to take shots and post it up. If the tube length is bad, I imagine I have to cut down the crown tube and the crown stem. I just don’t know if the threading goes far enough in the cown to still keep the crown secured and WR. It may be more than it’s worth, but I enjoy this hobby in part because of the tinkering.

Reactions: Michu

Michu

Horology Curious
27/6/19
I'm keen to see what yours looks like. Too long I've been lusting after this watch and I definitely want to get it before Xmas.

desectro

27/2/15
I've pulled the trigger as well. Hope qc pics came out well. Unsure if there is any v3 for this anytime soon. Hopefully not. ????????