• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Ended up rejecting 3 QCs due to misaligned markers. I know these are small but would drive me nuts:

PureTime has been understanding but I ended up changing my order to a Planet Ocean instead. BB58 will have to wait for another day!

I see the misalignment, but I honestly would try not to make it a habit of regularly being that picky on QC. Good to hear PT was understanding, but its considered wise advice to remember these are chinese fakes that all have issues in some way or another. Not knocking you for rejecting (although I hope you didnt send them the ruler lines), but TDs have been known to blacklist customers they consider too much work. Funny enough, my CrPO had slightly misaligned markers (well, only my noob, my V6 was perfect).

Reactions: Gooch15

watchyo'self

Looking Around
1/12/18
Just received my “V2” from TT and rejected the first QC for a misalignment similar to pics above. Second QC was much better and my OCD approves. Still a very minor misalignment but only on a small portion. Crown tube length is perfect and the lume is consistent. Overall very satisfied and this thing looks great on wrist!

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
The only way to know is to get it tested. Greasing the caseback seal and the crown o-rings ensures that the rings keep their shape when tightened down. The construction of this watch is such that it’s fairly easy to get a good water resistance. The only other point of ingress would be the crystal gasket.

Just take it to get tested if you want to know, there’s no other way.

Thanks for the answer!
I will just enjoy my Black Bay Bronze Bucherer Blue for a lit5le more and then sell it to buy the BB58 (you cant go wrong with any of them)

Today i saw the new slate gray bronze, thought the decorated movement is sooo cool, too bad they don't use an a2824. Do you guys think zf will ever decorate the bb58 movement like that?

Thanks again!

emzeeka

3/6/19
Just recieved my 58 which I ordered from trustytime . Recieved it way earlier than expected, so that was nice!
I had rejected some QC due to misaligned of the top indici are the Tudor shield logo, but TT was understanding and gave me a
way better option.

Below some pictures of the watch, will update with some daytime pictures soon. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this watch,
and its my first Rep :)

1tsryan

Looking Around
27/6/19
I can't wait to get mine! I just ordered from Trusty Time. I'll post some photos as soon as I get it.

Reactions: emzeeka

johnwatch

Certified
14/12/13
Ended up rejecting 3 QCs due to misaligned markers. I know these are small but would drive me nuts:
AB3-E48-C8-75-F1-489-C-919-D-CF210350251-B.jpg

95-C9-BF6-D-40-CC-4454-B2-D0-B8-AA061906-C0.jpg

PureTime has been understanding but I ended up changing my order to a Planet Ocean instead. BB58 will have to wait for another day!

Here is my Gen the triangle isn't perfectly lined up with the 12 marker. Ha.

free image hosting

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jackflash

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
Here is my Gen the triangle isn't perfectly lined up with the 12 marker. Ha.

free image hosting

Why didn't you reject the QC pics????

Obviously joking but this is a SUPER SUPER SUPER good point you're making. Not only does this delve into the philosophy of how we assume all gens to be perfect and all reps to be flawed in some way, but it also encompasses the whole internal mindset. Like the other guy had to photoshop onto a 20x magnified photo for his point to be made, but it would still bother him. I've heard it said in a lot of these posts that if something like that will bother you that much, this isnt the hobby for you, but then you see on Gens similar issues and it's like OH GOD WHAT IS HAPPINESS EXISTENTIAL CRISIS.

I truly hope people see your post in conjunction with the rejected QC pics because it's a super profound thing. The first watch I bought was an SKX009 and I didn't even know chapter rings could be misaligned until I read 2 years after getting it that they have issues like that. I looked and was like... HUH... turns out it's been messed up for 2 years and didn't notice. I certainly didn't check the alignment of the markers. Not really making a point, just something to think about.

Reactions: Raf82

Maciej84

Horology Curious
7/6/19
Why didn't you reject the QC pics????

Obviously joking but this is a SUPER SUPER SUPER good point you're making. Not only does this delve into the philosophy of how we assume all gens to be perfect and all reps to be flawed in some way, but it also encompasses the whole internal mindset. Like the other guy had to photoshop onto a 20x magnified photo for his point to be made, but it would still bother him. I've heard it said in a lot of these posts that if something like that will bother you that much, this isnt the hobby for you, but then you see on Gens similar issues and it's like OH GOD WHAT IS HAPPINESS EXISTENTIAL CRISIS.

I truly hope people see your post in conjunction with the rejected QC pics because it's a super profound thing. The first watch I bought was an SKX009 and I didn't even know chapter rings could be misaligned until I read 2 years after getting it that they have issues like that. I looked and was like... HUH... turns out it's been messed up for 2 years and didn't notice. I certainly didn't check the alignment of the markers. Not really making a point, just something to think about.

Lol I think your 12 o’clock triangle looks fine! Those crooked 3 o’clock baguette markers really annoyed me, they are big and I didn’t need to zoom to notice them. I’m realising that you have to accept compromises so I’ve switched my order to a CrPO - just approved the first QC as well- 12 o’clock marker was tiny bit off, but it’s a small marker so not as noticeable as on the BB. All about deciding what you can live with I guess.

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
Fantastic watch, sorry for the question, you can answer or not but why do you buy at trustytime and not puretime (for ex. a Trust dealer ) ?

emzeeka

3/6/19
Fantastic watch, sorry for the question, you can answer or not but why do you buy at trustytime and not puretime (for ex. a Trust dealer ) ?

Actually, i was following this post and someone posted that Trustytime had a v2 on their site, so i just went with trustytime. And I had not read anything bad about trustytime, and they are in the process of becoming TD

- next time maybe just PM me, as this is getting pretty off-topic ;)

Last edited:

buffet_boy

Looking Around
8/7/19
Hey guys just received my QC images for my Tudor BB 58 from Trusty. It's gonna be my first rep and your pictures and posts was the main reason i went for it since i find it a beautiful watch. Imho judging by other QC pictures here it looks like a GL to me. The 3, 6, 9, 12 markers look fine by me and so does everything else. Does anyome more experienced see any flaws? Should i be worried about the 0 s/d? Looks too good to be true.

Im really sorry if im breaking the rules about posting QC images, i just need some guidance :)

Edit : That weird thing above the 2 min marker is dirt right?

Last edited: