• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville
Hey guys was wondering if anyone could give some QC advice on a V2.

The crown looks more like a v1 to me and the pearl seems a bit off.

I'd think so too. The crown looks quite long. Did you order from a TD which explicitly states that it is a V2?

emzeeka

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/19
just got some QC pics. Should the top triangle line up with the top of the shield? Or is this something i should not expect
from a rep. its a v2 btw.

https://imgur.com/a/2n0jxYj

Pictures are in the link

This is my first rep ever btw, if you see anything that i might be missing, please inform me :)

Last edited:

Maciej84

Horology Curious
7/6/19
Yes it should line up.
I just rejected one that had the opposite problem, the top of the triangle was tilted a bit, very slightly but you could still see it didn't line up equally with the minute markers. Was tempting to accept but it would definitely annoy me :(

Reactions: emzeeka

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Arrived today and installed a tropic rubber

e67e0c2065b6dbf13b48b805a04bfd89.jpg
1fc528d1e6204fb6b4c39856df2ea23a.jpg

Really nice!

emzeeka

3/6/19
Guys I have a dilemma. I have just received a third
​​set of QC pics as the first one had bad aligned of the top indici, and the second one was a v1. I now got picture of a watch with good aligned, but the accuracy is - 9 s/d. Would you guys choose good aligned over accuracy?

(the one watch with bad aligned had the bottom point of the top triangle badly aligned with the tudor shield, however it had an accuracy of 0 s/d)

And how expensive would it be to get a watch properly regulated? I'm sorry for noob questions, first rep for me

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Guys I have a dilemma. I have just received a third
​​set of QC pics as the first one had bad aligned of the top indici, and the second one was a v1. I now got picture of a watch with good aligned, but the accuracy is - 9 s/d. Would you guys choose good aligned over accuracy?

(the one watch with bad aligned had the bottom point of the top triangle badly aligned with the tudor shield, however it had an accuracy of 0 s/d)

And how expensive would it be to get a watch properly regulated? I'm sorry for noob questions, first rep for me
9 whole seconds

Sent from my Noob v9.5

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I have an old 60’s Buler that gains about 15 mintues during the day at the office. I can probably regulate it myself, but I just oull the crown out now and then and change the time. Ways of telling the time all over the place, but at least the watch looks cool.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Is - 9 WHOLE second a day acceptable?
Seiko sells millions of watches and +/- 25 is good for them

I don't care about a minute or 5 a day

Some seem to care about those 9 seconds

I don't and it doesn't mean the watch is running badly

Sent from my Noob v9.5

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Seiko sells millions of watches and +/- 25 is good for them

I don't care about a minute or 5 a day

Some seem to care about those 9 seconds

I don't and it doesn't mean the watch is running badly

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Im a tidsoptimist...if my watch is running 5 whole min fast a day, I (read: everyone waiting on me) consider it an unintended blessing.

Reactions: T3RM1N4T0R

Spoons

Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/4/19
Im a tidsoptimist...if my watch is running 5 whole min fast a day, I (read: everyone waiting on me) consider it an unintended blessing.

Well, I had to look up what a tidsoptimist is, and as a result I learned two things: 1) I learned a new word; and 2) I learned that I am a tidsoptimist.

Last edited:

alexpaf

18/3/15
Hi guys. I know that reps shouldnt be used for diving/swimming, but at the same time it seems a lot of users test the watch WR and even improve the WR rating by oiling some of the watches components.
Have any of you ever tested the BB underwater/swimming?
Again, i know swimming with reps is not recommended, I dont do it with my other reps, and I dont want to buy it for swimming. But I would feel happier/safer to know if it is possible!
Thanks for the help!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
seems like it's a fairly easy goal to achieve to waterproof this watch, theoretically speaking

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
Hi guys. I know that reps shouldnt be used for diving/swimming, but at the same time it seems a lot of users test the watch WR and even improve the WR rating by oiling some of the watches components.
Have any of you ever tested the BB underwater/swimming?
Again, i know swimming with reps is not recommended, I dont do it with my other reps, and I dont want to buy it for swimming. But I would feel happier/safer to know if it is possible!
Thanks for the help!

The only way to know is to get it tested. Greasing the caseback seal and the crown o-rings ensures that the rings keep their shape when tightened down. The construction of this watch is such that it’s fairly easy to get a good water resistance. The only other point of ingress would be the crystal gasket.

Just take it to get tested if you want to know, there’s no other way.

Reactions: alexpaf and Michu

Maciej84

Horology Curious
7/6/19
Ended up rejecting 3 QCs due to misaligned markers. I know these are small but would drive me nuts:

PureTime has been understanding but I ended up changing my order to a Planet Ocean instead. BB58 will have to wait for another day!