• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Really enjoying this piece. Hands don't look ultra white on mine, but maybe it's a v1. At certain angles the stem tube looks long, but change perspective and it seems just right. Pip is a bit off but not noticeable on wrist.

nQSbQNbh.jpg

Last edited:

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17

Really enjoying this piece. Hands don't look ultra white on mine, but maybe it's a v1. At certain angles the stem tube looks long, but change perspective and it seems just right. Pip is a bit off but not noticeable on wrist.

Reactions: emzeeka

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
I too did the same "automotiveromance" mod using the same hands. as said it looks just like the v2 now. Wasn't too much hassle. Pics here:
https://imgur.com/a/WpZngU3
I didn't think it'd bother me buying the v1 but yeah... it did... I'd rather have it too white than too yellow. helenarou were "friendly" with their tax declaration too.
Edit: so yeah massive thanks mate. You saved me from buying too big hands. they're bang on to size.

Nice! Wish I had the competence to do this..lol

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
It’s very easy if you’re in any way comfortable with using tools. You do need the proper tools and patience though. If not, any watchmaker can swap a set of hands in 10 minutes for you.

I'm comfortable with using tools, but don't have a steady hand and am bad with small parts..

dxvidvg

Horology Curious
29/6/18
Hi guys just received my watch, very confused of how to set the time on it. I’ve unscrewed the crown and I think when I turn it it’s winding it so it it manual wind? Appreciated if someone could help me out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dxvidvg

Horology Curious
29/6/18
I think my watch isn’t working as when I screw out the crown then it put to the time setting position it does not change the time and does nothing. Also when in the winding position it makes a winding noise one way and the other way it makes a unpleasant grinding noise. Any help? Thanks

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
I think my watch isn’t working as when I screw out the crown then it put to the time setting position it does not change the time and does nothing. Also when in the winding position it makes a winding noise one way and the other way it makes a unpleasant grinding noise. Any help? Thanks

After unscrewing the crown you're only in manual wind position. Click out the crown twice as there is a second crown position for setting the time.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Update after approving the QC (I was happy with the watch) pics Li (TD JTime) chatted me back and said wait Jason seems 3 and 9 are slightly misaligned I've ordered a new one let's see which is better

Woke up to pics of the new one this one is approved as well

a68d3895442f1cbb2ea1e0e85a276f42.jpg
774e4f642d087e0308cefb62ca09b63f.jpg
73a0991935b4fee0745a9dccba511b60.jpg
1b37e986a3a7d218a9e904fbba564323.jpg
f136eb303d0ac303c46b379f59b5cccc.jpg

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Update after approving the QC (I was happy with the watch) pics Li (TD JTime) chatted me back and said wait Jason seems 3 and 9 are slightly misaligned I've ordered a new one let's see which is better

Woke up to pics of the new one this one is approved

I can barely see any difference, but certainly promising behavior from a new and as yet unapproved dealer. What's his website?

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Rolorin why would you say unapproved if he is a TD here. Surely that automatically makes him approved.

Because he's listed under New/Probationary, ie not approved yet. Again looks promising from recent shared experiences, but still new to the game.

Reactions: jpchub

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Because he's listed under New/Probationary, ie not approved yet. Again looks promising from recent shared experiences, but still new to the game.
He will be moving to full TD status soon

Sent from my Noob v9.5

aviditatis

Horology Curious
1/6/15
UK
How is the metal bracelet quality? I would like to buy the bracelet if anyone is up to! Thanks! :)

dxvidvg

Horology Curious
29/6/18
Quick update on my watch, still don’t know if it’s broken, but I took it to my local watch repair shop to take out some links for me as I don’t have the equipment. Somehow when I got it back they changed it to the right time so either my watch works and I’m stupid or it was a simple fix ahah

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Quick update on my watch, still don’t know if it’s broken, but I took it to my local watch repair shop to take out some links for me as I don’t have the equipment. Somehow when I got it back they changed it to the right time so either my watch works and I’m stupid or it was a simple fix ahah

Why didn't you ask them them if they could show you how to set the time? Also, you could have asked if they thought it was broken / not working correctly?