• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
Hello to all, I dont want to sound ofensive to anyone, but guys come on that pearl in day light when you in the office or driving your car or whatever you do you dont even see it, who stares at the pearl of the watch ? :| you look at the time and of you go, i mean I own the gen but I never look at the pearl, and one more thing NO ONE WILL NOTICE IT , stop stressing yourself about it :)) take the watch if all in all it looks good v2 matched lume, shorter tube, pearl in the right spot and just enjoy it! At the end of the day its still a REP dont expect perfection.

Now you all have a nice weekend end enjoy, life is to short to sit in your room looking at QC pics of the pearl, and yes I also bought rep watches so stay calm.

Indeed.

Most of the time people(especially those who aren't aware of watch brands) doesn't care whether you're wearing a knock off DW or a gen Rolex anyway.

Reactions: uszilard and Raf82

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Hello to all, I dont want to sound ofensive to anyone, but guys come on that pearl in day light when you in the office or driving your car or whatever you do you dont even see it, who stares at the pearl of the watch ? :| you look at the time and of you go, i mean I own the gen but I never look at the pearl, and one more thing NO ONE WILL NOTICE IT , stop stressing yourself about it :)) take the watch if all in all it looks good v2 matched lume, shorter tube, pearl in the right spot and just enjoy it! At the end of the day its still a REP dont expect perfection.

Now you all have a nice weekend end enjoy, life is to short to sit in your room looking at QC pics of the pearl, and yes I also bought rep watches so stay calm.

Mate I agree with you, but I mean the dial/hands color haha

dorian1985

Known Member
24/11/17
anybody can post a side by side photo?
I have a zf bb58 for couple of days and I'm not sure if dial has correct color - it doesn't look dark enough
also the gold markings are kind of muted if not viewed in direct light

Seams like all BB58 ZF have more grayish dial color instead of black and its very noticeable when compared to old BB and BB58 (Both from ZF)

Maciej84

Horology Curious
7/6/19
Looking at getting my first rep and this would suit me great. Sounds like a lot of people are getting these from puretime. I read some place in a sticky that it's best to PM the TD rather than order on their website. Is that still the case? Sounds like puretime are a busy bunch!

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
This thread reminds me of Groundhog Day. Everyday is the same.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Has the lume been fixed?
Now the lume is too white
Has the crown/tube been fixed?
Tube has been fixed. Tube hasn't been fixed.
Comparison to gen?
Which TD?

Rinse & Repeat

Reactions: dashing

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Looking at getting my first rep and this would suit me great. Sounds like a lot of people are getting these from puretime. I read some place in a sticky that it's best to PM the TD rather than order on their website. Is that still the case? Sounds like puretime are a busy bunch!

It wouldn't hurt to email first, but normally they will only accept via Western Union or Bank Wire anyway, so if you place an order on their website a payment won't initiate anyway. Then you can follow up with them via e-mail with your order number and get the finishing details.

I got my first 3 reps from M2M. Less of a waiting time and gives you a better idea of what to expect or look for.

Last edited:

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Pic of inside the case back just because
a443d77c53045fafca406d5e584fa264.jpg
1b3426fe07d02495c842a654ab357818.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Has the lume been fixed?
Now the lume is too white
Has the crown/tube been fixed?
Tube has been fixed. Tube hasn't been fixed.
Comparison to gen?
Which TD?

Rinse & Repeat

Haha!

Without anal-yzing this forum would be rather useless though...

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Beautiful.
Worth considering instead of all those rollie subs I keep buying that are never perfect anyway.

Last edited:

emzeeka

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/19
Im ordering one from Trustytime (v2), will update you once i get it or QC pics

carbonized

Horology Curious
27/3/19
From Helenarou, they are the ‘HERITAGE BLACK BAY Gold Super Lume Hand with Taller Stem for ETA 2824-2 2836-2

A quick Google search will pull up their website.

Yes, it honestly isn’t that much work if you’re comfortable with pulling apart a movement. It involves removing the hands, dial and taking apart the keyless work. Then rebuild the keyless with the new setting lever spring which has 2 notches instead of 3. If you’re afraid to screw something up, any competent watchmaker can breeze through it.

I too did the same "automotiveromance" mod using the same hands. as said it looks just like the v2 now. Wasn't too much hassle. Pics here:
https://imgur.com/a/WpZngU3
I didn't think it'd bother me buying the v1 but yeah... it did... I'd rather have it too white than too yellow. helenarou were "friendly" with their tax declaration too.
Edit: so yeah massive thanks mate. You saved me from buying too big hands. they're bang on to size.

Last edited:
Reactions: Automotiveromance

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
I too did the same "automotiveromance" mod using the same hands. as said it looks just like the v2 now. Wasn't too much hassle. Pics here:
https://imgur.com/a/WpZngU3
I didn't think it'd bother me buying the v1 but yeah... it did... I'd rather have it too white than too yellow. helenarou were "friendly" with their tax declaration too.
Edit: so yeah massive thanks mate. You saved me from buying too big hands. they're bang on to size.

Cool, nice to see you’re happy with them as well

Reactions: carbonized