• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Tudordave

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/19
Does anyone else have photos and feedback of there Black Bay 58 rep?

uszilard

7/8/18
Berlin, Germany
I don’t think so.
089c1e0c13e4614f915d875cbb775d4a.jpg

A shot of the gen pip outside natural light.

20190602-153836.jpg

Last edited:

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
I really don't think the color difference of the dial is noticeable. My rep dial looks black, doesnt look gray at all

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Is this a serious question there are over 900 comments in this discussing this and many pictures provided

no, hes gonna try to make a sale soon i think

Reactions: Soxxgo2

deingesicht

2/1/19
I’m interested in why this isn’t on the list for NWBIG given the recent changes in v2. Even the black bag in red is super red!

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
I’m interested in why this isn’t on the list for NWBIG given the recent changes in v2. Even the black bag in red is super red!

Well on the V2 the hand lume is whiter than the plots, so still a pretty noticeable flaw. It looks much better than V1, but still not right.

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15
Well on the V2 the hand lume is whiter than the plots, so still a pretty noticeable flaw. It looks much better than V1, but still not right.

Probably the dial color too? I haven't seen any side by sides but I heard its slightly grey. And the crown tube slightly long no?

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Probably the dial color too? I haven't seen any side by sides but I heard its slightly grey. And the crown tube slightly long no?

I'd say dial and bezel is slightly grey/brown. Looks like a new gen has a tropical patina.

Crown tube appears a fraction of a mm too long but its hard to really tell since the case sides are polished to mirror finish and from the side make the tube look longer than it is. Also the zf threading seems a bit wonky so screwing in the crown from various positions means it might screw on closer some times and further other times.

Lume difference on v2 isn't obvious in the flesh.

However, zf did a fantastic job with case polishing, dial printing, and bracelet construction. V2 has some indices alignment qc issues to watch out for though.

Overall, with the a2824, I'd say the watch is nwbig but not a super rep due to the color variance and tube lengths. Also note that the underside of the lugs on gen are angled slightly to prevent a hard straight edge. The rep lugs end as a straight edge.

Reactions: Dtroxx and Rtreece

deingesicht

2/1/19
I'd say dial and bezel is slightly grey/brown. Looks like a new gen has a tropical patina.

Crown tube appears a fraction of a mm too long but its hard to really tell since the case sides are polished to mirror finish and from the side make the tube look longer than it is. Also the zf threading seems a bit wonky so screwing in the crown from various positions means it might screw on closer some times and further other times.

Lume difference on v2 isn't obvious in the flesh.

However, zf did a fantastic job with case polishing, dial printing, and bracelet construction. V2 has some indices alignment qc issues to watch out for though.

Overall, with the a2824, I'd say the watch is nwbig but not a super rep due to the color variance and tube lengths. Also note that the underside of the lugs on gen are angled slightly to prevent a hard straight edge. The rep lugs end as a straight edge.

Great thanks for the clarification! I'm interested in this or the red bezel but no place in Australia have these in stock for me to see in the flesh :(

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Great thanks for the clarification! I'm interested in this or the red bezel but no place in Australia have these in stock for me to see in the flesh :(

The bb58 is 39mm case but I think the regular black bay with red bezel (shield) is 41mm. Note also that the bb58 is noticeably thinner (11.5mm vs 14.5mm) . Consequently the bb58 wears relatively small while the regular black bay wears relatively large due to the flat case profile making up most of thickness. Bb58 is subtle, bb red is more statement.

dxvidvg

Horology Curious
29/6/18
Hi guys,
First time buying a repwatch. I no ught this from kuvarsit and gonna need a qc on this. Few questions- is it the latest version with matched lume and shortened crown tube? are the markers in line and inline with the bezel? Reject or accept?
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dxvidvg

Horology Curious
29/6/18
Hi guys,
First time buying a repwatch. I bought this from kuvarsit and gonna need a qc on this. Few questions- is this the latest version with matched lume and shortened crown tube? are the markers in line with eachother and in line with the bezel? Reject or accept?
Unfortunately only have 24 hours to accept or reject this so any help is appreciated
Thanks guys
Imgur link- https://imgur.com/gallery/sK9jTpL
ab087aef59d0a7d1da06539bb0b998d5.jpg

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Hi guys,
First time buying a repwatch. I no ught this from kuvarsit and gonna need a qc on this. Few questions- is it the latest version with matched lume and shortened crown tube? are the markers in line and inline with the bezel? Reject or accept?
Thanks guys
Imgur link- https://imgur.com/gallery/sK9jTpL
ab087aef59d0a7d1da06539bb0b998d5.jpg

looks good to me. however the 6 looks a little bit wonky, but it's 16:35 where I am and had a rough day at the office :)