• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Yankindeez yeah thats what i gathered following the chats in the shout box the last week or so. It’s regular occurrence though, but seems a little more excessive this time round

I quite honestly don't understand why the Chinese government gives a shit if people are making reps. If anything it helps the economy.

Last edited:

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Reactions: Kitosarg

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Lol what td is this? They just brightened or overexposed the second set of pics to make the lume colors washed out. This is shady af.

I’m pretty confident that a watch I received in the past was not the watch that I QC’d,, shan’t name names tho. Any way just purchased a BB58 from another member here, it’s a V1 and the lume may be off slightly but don’t want to risk buying Chinese at the moment, and besides the main reason I bought it is to see if this may be the gen for me?. I have been aching for a Gen Sub for a long time now but the BB is really calling me and it’s so much better value I think.

dhbbxl

Horology Curious
10/5/19
Lol what td is this? They just brightened or overexposed the second set of pics to make the lume colors washed out. This is shady af.

So Puretime is stating that it’s the latest version and not willing for me to reject it. What should I do?

Sent from the RWI App

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
So Puretime is stating that it’s the latest version and not willing for me to reject it. What should I do?

Sent from the RWI App

Send them comparative shot. There are plenty of Puretime QC shots in this thread.

Reactions: dhbbxl

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17

Sent from the RWI App

That's a bummer. Maybe puretime is affected by the recent raids and they're trying to push old stock red-lights. I'd use some of the pics from this thread or reference intime v2 vs v1 listings with the lume and tube differences. Perhaps make it clear you're willing to wait a reasonable amount of time for them to source a v2 if stock is currently low.

parades

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/18
How many times can you red light QC photos? I'd really like the BB58 but only willing to buy the V2

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
How many times can you red light QC photos? I'd really like the BB58 but only willing to buy the V2

Once is no problem, twice should be rare (especially if you highlighted what was wrong initially)... three is becoming unreasonable on either your side or td side, and past that just ask for a refund.

parades

24/4/18
Once is no problem, twice should be rare (especially if you highlighted what was wrong initially)... three is becoming unreasonable on either your side or td side, and past that just ask for a refund.

You think I can just tell them right when I order that I'd like the v2?

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18

Most TDs state in the title and description of the products what version of the product they are selling, for example intime states v2 in the title of this watch and in the description of it states what corrections have been made in that version. So then its already clear you are purchasing V2.

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17

Doesn't hurt to communicate what you're looking for and that you know v2 exists, along with what v2 represents (hand lume more white, shorter crown tube). I err on more communication than less if you're worried about being disappointed.

parades

24/4/18
Most TDs state in the title and description of the products what version of the product they are selling, for example intime states v2 in the title of this watch and in the description of it states what corrections have been made in that version. So then its already clear you are purchasing V2.

Ah good point! Just been looking at some TDs that seem like they only have V1?

parades

24/4/18
Doesn't hurt to communicate what you're looking for and that you know v2 exists, along with what v2 represents (hand lume more white, shorter crown tube). I err on more communication than less if you're worried about being disappointed.

For sure. I just remember how long it takes to get QC photos, so don't want to double/triple up the time red lighting everything

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
My point was that if you choose a td wich clearly states they are selling a v2 and what that represents, there is no option for discussion there. But for example, im looking at puretimes site right now, and on this watch they are not stating if its v1 or v2 what they sell, although weve seen puretime shipping v2 already, but if they sent qc of a v1 there could be a little room for discussion there..
Anyway i totally agree with Rolorin here too.

dxvidvg

Horology Curious
29/6/18
What td’s do you recommend now due to intime and chazing problems and raids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
What td’s do you recommend now due to intime and chazing problems and raids?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PureTime
78086d27e56b63af7cda28e8370fd1ac.jpg

carlosmelimac

30/5/19
Tudor black bay 58 my next rep for sure, but with the informations and the experiences you are getting, im only gonna make the move when PT/TT makes official the V2.

Last edited:

Blanken`JE

Looking Around
12/5/19

I just ordered through Puretime and got my QC pics today. I’m not sure if they’re trying to burn through old stock or if I just got unlucky but mine has the issues from before the latest update (mismatched lume, tube length). Someone else experienced the same a couple of pages back.

Sent from the RWI App

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
I just ordered through Puretime and got my QC pics today. I’m not sure if they’re trying to burn through old stock or if I just got unlucky but mine has the issues from before the latest update (mismatched lume, tube length). Someone else experienced the same a couple of pages back.
Sent from the RWI App

Could be. I rejected the first 2 watches offered by PureTime. Then sent them a shot of one of their own QC shots of a watch I would accept. The 3rd watch I accepted.
396715b998dded358787dc4fb9c5af2c.jpg

341e118325987a7ad0ff89d0cdc2f350.jpg

Last edited: