• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Tried the gen in AD yesterday, looks good but way too tiny for my wirst, ordered a bb shield, this one was sooo stunning.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Would you mind telling me how you sourced the dial and went about installing (did it yourself, sent to an expert?). I accepted the one I posted a few pages back even though I was aware of slightly wonky 9 (didn’t want to be a nuisance!)... and it bothers me a little bit. I could almost forget about it but maybe I should try to change the dial.

You should ask the td you ordered from. I had to ask fotr replacement dials for both my bb58 and bb pepsi gmt because of quality issues and they sourced them from ZF. Point out the problem in an email and most of the times they will be happy to help, just be patient. Good luck!

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
In your opinion this 58 v2 can be a nwbig?

It's very close. The tube is slightly longer than gen, that's really the only thing. At the end of the day nobody could possibly tell its a rep unless they had the gen as a side by side comparison

Reactions: T&E

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
Hi everyone, how are you doing.

I am absolutely in love with the BB 58. I think its a tremendous watch, since it is very versatile. You can use it casual, formal, with ss strap, leather, nato, canvas... It is "more than one watch".

That being said, I follow this post since before the rep of the 58 was out, but I'm finally thinking of getting my own. It seems it has some flaws (as every other rep), but the main one, the lume color, has been fixed. What can you say about it? The movement stability and accuracy, the main flaws...

I have a XF Black Bay Bronze Bucherer Blue, and I really like it, but I dont think it is as versatile as the BB 58. The bronze blue is considered a high quality rep by most users and buyers, can we say the same about the BB58? Do you think it is worth it to sell mine and try the BB58?

Thanks a lot!

here is a pic of my Bronzo :)

https://picr.me/i/2019/05/26/VfZTrh.jpg

Last edited:

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Hi everyone, how are you doing.

I am absolutely in love with the BB 58. I think its a tremendous watch, since it is very versatile. You can use it casual, formal, with ss strap, leather, nato, canvas... It is "more than one watch".

That being said, I follow this post since before the rep of the 58 was out, but I'm finally thinking of getting my own. It seems it has some flaws (as every other rep), but the main one, the lume color, has been fixed. What can you say about it? The movement stability and accuracy, the main flaws...

I have a XF Black Bay Bronze Bucherer Blue, and I really like it, but I dont think it is as versatile as the BB 58. The bronze blue is considered a high quality rep by most users and buyers, can we say the same about the BB58? Do you think it is worth it to sell mine and try the BB58?

Thanks a lot!

here is a pic of my Bronzo :)

https://picr.me/i/2019/05/26/VfZTrh.jpg

Yes I would say it is worth getting. The movement is the same movement they've used in many reps, A2824. Reliable and accurate, with a good sweep.

Reactions: alexpaf

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
I'm also on verge of pulling trigger on one unless I can get one M2M in the meantime, just concerned about ordering whilst the raids are on??

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Just out of interest.... does anyone have a suggestion as to which is the best TD to buy this from at the moment, I know the watch comes from the same factory but are there some TD's that are better flying under the Chinese radar??

qqraxtt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
19/5/19
Does anyone know if ZF plans an updated version with a more accurate tube length?

messcrew

Horology Curious
26/4/19
Bad news. My watch stopped working today. Cannot Wind the watch.

Hasent been dropped or bumped.
You sent an e-mail to ChazingTime to find a solution.

The watch was received 15th of May. So only two weeks old.
Anyone tried to RMA a rep. Watch before? What is the standard - a new watch, full refund or?

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Just out of interest.... does anyone have a suggestion as to which is the best TD to buy this from at the moment, I know the watch comes from the same factory but are there some TD's that are better flying under the Chinese radar??

Most TD's will resend a watch if it is seized. I believe PureTime is one of them but you can't go wrong either way

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
I think he means at this moment while the authorities are clamping down on their side.

I must have missed something. Is there a big crackdown/raids going on right now? I thought it was only Chazing who encountered some issues

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Yankindeez yeah thats what i gathered following the chats in the shout box the last week or so. It’s regular occurrence though, but seems a little more excessive this time round