• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

The Alchemy Index

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
Not bad

33799817888_256b445837_b.jpg

I love the size.

Can you post me real life pics whenever you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dorian1985

Known Member
24/11/17
For those who consider get one, it's a great watch expecially the size and dial printing more 3D, but there is few things, firstly the colour of the dial it's more grey than black, same the bezel, and lume markers are more white ish (compared to the old black bay 41).

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I originally wanted the BB58 but with the early issues picked up the new Explorer rep from BP instead which I really like but keep finding myself coming back to this thread.

Reactions: zaxtonz

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
For those who consider get one, it's a great watch expecially the size and dial printing more 3D, but there is few things, firstly the colour of the dial it's more grey than black, same the bezel, and lume markers are more white ish (compared to the old black bay 41).
The Gen is more black?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

N0tail_

1/6/17
Has anyone looked into a 2XAR crystal with this? Not sure where you would supply the domed crystal from.

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
I have one from the first batch still and thought that IRL the lume difference wouldn’t be very noticeable, but it does bother me.

On the new batch, the lume on the hands looks more (too) white than the lume on the plots to me. Seems like they used leftover handsets from the regular BB on the second batch. I do think it looks heaps better than the yellowish lume,

I ordered a set of hands from raffles with white lume to see if that matches what we see in this second batch. Once I have it apart, I’ll change out the setting lever spring for one with 2 notches to remove the phantom date setting position as well.

Reactions: fmcmla

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
I have one from the first batch still and thought that IRL the lume difference wouldn’t be very noticeable, but it does bother me.

On the new batch, the lume on the hands looks more (too) white than the lume on the plots to me. Seems like they used leftover handsets from the regular BB on the second batch. I do think it looks heaps better than the yellowish lume,

I ordered a set of hands from raffles with white lume to see if that matches what we see in this second batch. Once I have it apart, I’ll change out the setting lever spring for one with 2 notches to remove the phantom date setting position as well.
Sounds like a lot of work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk