• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
My OCD cant bear this....

Lol same here... hoping for a nice V2, at least with better crown tube and same lume on the dial.

Didn’t someone say that a TD said that they want to release V2 a few weeks after CNY? I’m really impatient haha

Reactions: Cadows

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Do you guys realise that you are waiting on a unicorn? I mean, there is no official news or anything whatsoever about a v2, only speculation from a few users in a forum.

grohlface

Horology Curious
14/7/18
Love mine- had no problems with TD, approved shipment after first set if QC pics, looks amazing. The lume difference is not real, IMHO. Just an optical illusion due to the different metal-to-lume ratios of the hour markers and hands. You would literally have to have a gen and rep side by side to notice the different tube lengths.

Reactions: michi_werner

laoban_nicolas

Known Member
Patron
Certified
15/11/14
It wouldn't be surprising to see Tudor announcing a few more Black Bay with the same size factor during the upcoming Baselworld.
Which would make it more attractive for makers to invest in the right tooling and spare parts.

I'm pretty confident we'll see a V2 and/or other versions from other makers.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Given the popularity and selling succes of the Tudor Heritage range, it seems unlikely to me that this would be the first and last version of this watch.
There's nothing 'unicornish' about expecting an updated and improved version of this watch.
Within which time frame that will happen, nobody of course can predict at the moment.

Reactions: Soxxgo2

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Given the popularity and selling succes of the Tudor Heritage range, it seems unlikely to me that this would be the first and last version of this watch.
There's nothing 'unicornish' about expecting an updated and improved version of this watch.
Within which time frame that will happen, nobody of course can predict at the moment.

The BB 36 was a "obvious rep candidate" given that it's just a three hander, no bezel insert, 36mm, etc. And it took three years to see a replica of it. So you might want to grab a chair while you wait...

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Firstly, you have a point. But I never said it would be coming soon. I'm certainly not going to hold my breath for it.
Secondly, I would assume that updating an existing model with some of minor improvements would be less time consuming than setting up a production line for a completely new model with different versions.
Just my guess though. We'll see, or not... :)

Reactions: Mike Page

arcanage

Horology Curious
10/11/18
How much longer is the tube than gen? I do not notice it by looking at it but worried it digs into the wrist.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Lol same here... hoping for a nice V2, at least with better crown tube and same lume on the dial.

Didn’t someone say that a TD said that they want to release V2 a few weeks after CNY? I’m really impatient haha

Dont forget the PEARL :D

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I could live with the crown tube being a tad longer, something that only shows when compared side to side with gen.
Same goes for the pearl, it doesn't bother me that much.
But it's the lume difference that I cannot unsee.
And I just know I would be reminded of it each time I'd glance at the watch.
It's a shame that I'm so anal about it, because in many ways it's the perfect Tudor for me.

As for V2 hearsay mentioned above, a few weeks after CNY would be an entirely unrealistic time span for an update given that V1 was released beginning of January.
Be patient...

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Well guys i did it. I ordered a gen from jomashop:( since they use affirm i can afford the $239b a month
Only shitty part is the 8 to 12 week wait.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: michi_werner

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Gorgeous watch and in my eyes the nicest Tudor out there at the mo.
So congrats!
With bracelet?

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
Well guys i did it. I ordered a gen from jomashop:( since they use affirm i can afford the $239b a month
Only shitty part is the 8 to 12 week wait.

Congratulations!!! I’m so close to getting it myself but I just need to use the funds differently currently...

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Congratulations!!! I’m so close to getting it myself but I just need to use the funds differently currently...
Jomashop shop takes affirm so 239 bucks for 18 months isnt to bad. It would. Be less if i had better credit. They gave me 7000 limit but the subs are getting way to expensive these days.