• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
I don't know where you're from but here they seem scarce at least. Imean the Bracelet version. The leather one has been available. Wempe only received a total of 27 58's in November (first delivery of bracelet models) for all their branches, which I think is quite a low number and they were all reserved afaik.

Chronext still has one for sale above list. A couple of months back I saw it at 19% above list.

Yeah I’ve heard about how rare it seems to be... How comes that you think that the 58 will be discontinued?

I’m actually still considering to buy the Gen, especially as the Rep turned out not that great in my opinion. I would have easily paid 500 for a really good BB58, but the current version doesn’t convince me.

Reluming and shortening the tube don’t sound like something very easy for someone without equipment and knowledge. Plus if I screwed up, where do I get replacement parts...

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
By the way, all dials are completely fucked in alignment. On all TD websites and also on all the QC pictures I've seen here.

I think thats just the angle in what the picture has been taken. Look at this screen shot from trusty’s video, looks well aligned to me.
a8ee09c9e1fbd96139493ddbdb622a77.jpg

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armedcor

1/2/14
Getting a bit antsy about my purchase now. Haven't seen QC pics yet but how are InTime with refunds if we can't find a acceptable watch? I've never refused QC before but some of these are pretty rough.

deathgod390

Horology Curious
6/1/19
By the way, all dials are completely fucked in alignment. On all TD websites and also on all the QC pictures I've seen here.

I guess I'll be waiting for V2 of this rep. Too many issues and flaws with this batch sadly :( Seems like it was rushed out instead of being carefully replicated.

Reactions: vcappp

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Yeah I’ve heard about how rare it seems to be... How comes that you think that the 58 will be discontinued?

I’m actually still considering to buy the Gen, especially as the Rep turned out not that great in my opinion. I would have easily paid 500 for a really good BB58, but the current version doesn’t convince me.

Reluming and shortening the tube don’t sound like something very easy for someone without equipment and knowledge. Plus if I screwed up, where do I get replacement parts...

The 58 wont be discontinued, it's massively popular, they for sure will add new colours for Basel 2019. I wont be surprised if we see a gilt dial but silver numbers on the bezel instead. - I think the Gilt dial and bezel combination will only run 2018 like the original BB ETA (well, that's at least my speculation based on past rolex+tudor models).

Get the gen IMO. So much value even if it's around 3k. You could always sell and im god damn sure this will be the final run. Not even sure my AD is even going to be able to get a bracelet version for me :-/ (Very small local AD, not part of any franchise)

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I think thats just the angle in what the picture has been taken. Look at this screen shot from trusty’s video, looks well aligned to me.
a8ee09c9e1fbd96139493ddbdb622a77.jpg

What do you guys think?

Yeah you could be right, I forgot about the tophat crystal. Idk . Will have to wait for someone to check it out for sure. It's a nice rep but i dunno.. I don't think gens at around this price-range are worth buying rep anyways.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
AD should have gotten it in July, then november and now they don't even know. VERY limited supply for this one.

I had a call from my AD in early august, one week after is asked (for a metal bracelet version). There is also quite a few ones under RRP on chrono 24

Get the gen IMO. So much value even if it's around 3k. You could always sell and im god damn sure this will be the final run.

The biggest problem for me is that BB don't hold their value very well, at least for the 41mm version.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Passing the photos from the next door.

hi8HZ.jpg

hiP82.jpg

hifvd.jpg

hinvU.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I had a call from my AD in early august, one week after is asked (for a metal bracelet version). There is also quite a few ones under RRP on chrono 24

The biggest problem for me is that BB don't hold their value very well, at least for the 41mm version.

Where are you from?

BB's don't hold their value in general no, but ETA Noir (79220N) is trading well above and I suspect it's going to be the same with this 2018 release of the BB58). We'll see.. Either way at list price it's still a steal. A BB58 in 39mm which is getting love from literally every high-end WIS, in-house movement with 70+ hours power-reserve. What more can you get at that price.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I'm hoping they release a GMT version of the 58. Love their current GMT, but its just too big for me.

Reactions: Flaskevin

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Just recieved qc pics. I know it’s not a perfect rep. But im happy with what zf achieved with this first release of this model.
Same experience i had with the pepsi gmt from them, and ive been wearing it almost daily since i got it.
I bet this one will be great in person too. Ill post pictures as soon as i get it.

55c98aa28983314ae0c2067a703bad31.jpg

a9901ee7eeadb178147a2311330b3781.jpg

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
My QC is in. I knew the issues when ordered the lume not matching shouldn't bother me in real life as the highly lighted pics exaggerate it some
If I like how it wears I'll get the v2
9459df396918e1de10c278f8ead3220d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
i know the gen is very popular but you guys reckon there's enough demand in a rep for them to fix the more glaring flaws and release a V2? you think there's enough incentive for them to update it?