• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

malisimo

Renowned Member
29/8/15
I see two big issues: as it´s said, the different colour hands/index, and the hour hand. It´s too fat. The minute hand is correct, as fat as the 3, 6 and 9 index sticks. But the hour hand is much more thick.

I´ll wait v2.

Reactions: SuperLory

Celt

Renowned Member
12/4/10
the lume problem is turning me off here :( I could live with the rest!

we had the same problem with the first "black bay red" reps, maybe the factories are using an old batch of hands on this "V1"

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
looking at photos, it has same problem as the old Black Bay Red versions before v4, that's different lume colours on hands than indices... once seen cant be unseen. at least the guys that do re-luming will have more business

Yes, pro vs v4 is a crystal, the edges of BB58 rep crystal are clear, are not milky.
Mismatch in the lume can be fixed by a decent lumer and $150.
Rep crown is too long and it can be shaved, probably.
We need to accept the pearl, in overall very happy with this v1.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Not sure do I know what do you guys mean with the hour hand, looks ok for me.

Crystal has a flaw anyway. In gen, "Swiss made" and a wider black area between a dial and the rehaut - should be visible en face

YMayD.jpg

gens
YMrHU.jpg

YMBe8.jpg

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
I created a quick GIF with a chazing time picture and two gens ones. I seems pretty spot on. The crown tube lenght don't seems that wrong but the crown seems to be the biggest tell. The rest could be either small differencies or optical illusion due to different focal lenght
YeVB3.gif

PatrickA

Known Member
26/6/15
I also often see on TD website pictures that the crown is 'out' to have a non-moving sec hand, may be also the case with this Tudor BB 58

Reactions: Stuntman81

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
I also often see on TD website pictures that the crown is 'out' to have a non-moving sec hand, may be also the case with this Tudor BB 58

But the seconds hand position is different from the pics though.

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
But the seconds hand position is different from the pics though.

True, to me it seems like the crown is too long. That’s also the only flaw that is really noticable to me when comparing the Rep photos with the gen photos. Even after you guys pointed out some other possible flaws, I can’t really see them for sure, maybe partly because I just don’t have an eye for the details like some others here.

I hope some of the braver guys here will post some QC pics soon. If the watch actually looks like on the photos, I think I will pull the trigger. Personally for me it doesn’t seem to be worth waiting for a V2.

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Any word on if we'll see the black and gold Tudor NATO? Or if XF will also be releasing a BB58?

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
I’ve received my QC’s. Placed the order about 12 hours before. I’ll post real life pictures when it arrives. I’m happy with my “Pepsi” Tudor. Is it perfect? No.
Is any rep? But I think ZF did a good job with that one and I think they did a good job on this one.
And with the pricing I believe it’s a good value.

Reactions: HasseP

HasseP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/13
Same here. Its on Its way :)

Skickat från min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Mine is ordered as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I’ve received my QC’s. Placed the order about 12 hours before. I’ll post real life pictures when it arrives. I’m happy with my “Pepsi” Tudor. Is it perfect? No.
Is any rep? But I think ZF did a good job with that one and I think they did a good job on this one.
And with the pricing I believe it’s a good value.

Can we not see the QC pics given the new watch/lots of interest able (not to mention they're approved QC pics)?

DARKEST

5/4/06
Any word on if we'll see the black and gold Tudor NATO? Or if XF will also be releasing a BB58?

I would think if XF are on this watch they may do an even better job given their bucheron bronze was noticeably better. Does anyone know if XF will release?