• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

daloatf

Renowned Member
4/8/15
To bad regarding the difference between the lume on hands/markers. Almost a deal breaker for me

baltalemule

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/18
just seeing intime has it. time to try a different TD than the one I usually go with, I guess.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Placed my order with Ryan, but as always.. credit card doesn't seem to ever work for me at his site. I'll have to wait for angus to upload on puretime.

Reactions: ashpatek

lightdark

Horology Curious
31/7/18
dbb71d59b66ccb61d807b637394b3e98.jpg

Looks nice..... Ooh shit it is the gen :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

is the pearl size correct? , it seems that the gen pearl is larger than the triangle.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
the pearl is definitely wrong. on gen its centered inside the triangle and looks more rounded/domed, the ZF has a strange lip to it around the lume pip and looks too low in the red triangle. the numbers on the insert should also be closer to the edges. the crown seems to stick out too far as well. hand size seems fine to my eyes but im not completely sure on that one. lume doesnt seem to match the dial as well. these are all observations based off of comparing the pictures on Intime and a few youtube reviews of the gen.

should be able to sand down the crown and get it the right length pretty easily. reluming the dial is no big deal either.

biggest issue is the bezel insert+pearl imo. not sure where you'd be able to acquire a gen insert and pearl.

Last edited:

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
This looks great. I see what people are saying about the lume and, strangely enough, the “50” on gen is much fatter, but I really can’t see the big deal with the pearl or the numbers not being close enough to the edge? In any case, I think it looks gorgeous and I’m stoked on it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Mike Page

ashpatek

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/18
London, UK
Why must they show a bloody Gen it's so deceiving lol

I'm guessing that's what was sent to them by the factory and its up to the seller to take their own pictures for their websites.

The QC pictures is where we'll start to get a real idea of how good this rep is going to be

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
This looks great. I see what people are saying about the lume and, strangely enough, the “50” on gen is much fatter, but I really can’t see the big deal with the pearl or the numbers not being close enough to the edge? In any case, I think it looks gorgeous and I’m stoked on it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

yeah i was just nitpicking every small detail hahaha it does look like a good rep, in person most of these issues would be fine and absolutely miniscule, photos really blow it out of proportion. only thing i'd personally mod is the crown and lume.

Last edited: