• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

zumafan69

Known Member
13/7/16
Is there a reasonable estimate on how long it takes to go from gen sample to finished salable watch?

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
I dont see what all the fuss is about, I find Tudor a little boring and dont look very special.. dont look luxury

baltalemule

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/18
I dont see what all the fuss is about, I find Tudor a little boring and dont look very special.. dont look luxury

It hits all the right notes for me. Reasonable case width, vintage design without being corny, Rolex pedigree without the Rolex stigma, and Tudor is finally addressing the main concern many have had with the standard and incredibly popular BB - that being the chunky case. Am actually entertaining the idea of getting a gen, but don't want to jump the gun. Trying on and living with a rep for a bit could help me decide if gen is worth it. I find it gorgeous for its lack of "luxury" bling. The rose gold markings give it a certain warmth that I can't get over. Really obsessing over this one. Almost pulled the trigger on a gen on eBay a few weeks back but I hate how PayPal burns you on the exchange rate. Been stalking Jomashop to see if prices fall, but I really shouldn't do it without seeing it in person.

Stay calm, stay calm, stay calm and wait for the rep, dammit!

Pyknic

24/10/17
I did get a chance to put on the gen in AD as was on the waiting list.

As as I said before, if just felt a little to small for me after i put on the bb black.

I will 100% get the rep - but too myself of the waiting list for the gen and got a bb black instead

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Went to AD and they told me they cant even display it cos the waiting list is too long ...

baltalemule

13/4/18
Being one of the slim wrist types who got into watches with the smaller Seiko SKX013, rather than the larger and ubiquitous SKX007, I feel pretty confident that the BB58's 39mm will be my sweet spot, but I really must try it on to know for sure.

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
Being one of the slim wrist types who got into watches with the smaller Seiko SKX013, rather than the larger and ubiquitous SKX007, I feel pretty confident that the BB58's 39mm will be my sweet spot, but I really must try it on to know for sure.

Well, considering the SKX007 is 38mm, you might be a little unhappy...

Sent from the RWI App

baltalemule

13/4/18
Whoops. I take that back. It’s showing 40mm on the sites I’m pulling up. My B.

Sent from the RWI App

According to a vendor, Long Island Watches:
SKX007:
  • Case: Brushed stainless steel, 43mm x 13mm thick.
SKX013
  • Case: Brushed stainless steel, 38mm x 13mm thick.
Either one of us is confused, or one of us has a broken Google machine. To be clear, I am a SKX013 guy, not SKX007

pigger

30/4/18
Sweeden
Im going to mesure it for you, diameter is 42mm, height is 13,5mm, for some reason they seems to me a bit high. What is height of 58?

Replicawatchnoob

17/8/18
I've got a scratching for a new watch recently, this would hit the spot as all the new omega which have been released are enormous.