• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

timefly

Horology Curious
12/5/20
AT - [..]
Oooh finally. It only took forever (COVID Logistics/customs returns & re-sends), but well worth the wait! :cool:

STwp2.jpg
ST4FE.jpg

How I'll be wearing it: with the Cevron - Fifty by Crown & Buckle! Love this. Massive thanks for all the pointers, info and inspiration in this topic the led me to my first quality rep!

Also... I was a little worried about the quality and finish, but macro mode on cellphones/cameras really exaggerate issues that you can't see with the your bare eye (reason why I cancelled the crisp macro mode on these shots and them coming out a little soft). I'm absolutely content with this and with my eyes I really can't spot anything of notable concern! So yeah: awesome blossum, happy camper here!

- UPD Been wearing it all day! Verry nice.
Sw7eJ.jpg
Swu0o.jpg

:nana:Now all I need is a nice leather strap!

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Oooh finally. It only took forever (COVID Logistics/customs returns & re-sends), but well worth the wait! :cool:

STwp2.jpg
ST4FE.jpg

How I'll be wearing it: with the Cevron - Fifty by Crown & Buckle! Love this. Massive thanks for all the pointers, info and inspiration in this topic the led me to my first quality rep!

Also... I was a little worried about the quality and finish, but macro mode on cellphones/cameras really exaggerate issues that you can't see with the your bare eye (reason why I cancelled the crisp macro mode on these shots and them coming out a little soft). I'm absolutely content with this and with my eyes I really can't spot anything of notable concern! So yeah: awesome blossum, happy camper here!

- UPD Been wearing it all day! Verry nice.
Sw7eJ.jpg
Swu0o.jpg

:nana:Now all I need is a nice leather strap!

Superb watch buddy.

If someone want to sell his 58 drop me a pm :)

Reactions: timefly

Snookit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/17
Hi guys!

I am about to pull the trigger on this one i have been feeling the itching for quite a while now.

So for the ZF version what are the main issues that I should look on the QC pics.

Tube/Crown length
Lume pip
Pip centered
Hour Mark not aligned
Screws on bracelet

This was I found through this post pages, something else that I am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:

JaPa93

Horology Curious
6/8/20
Germany (BW)
Hello everyone, newbie here
I just received my QC pictures of my first rep.

VaDzh2.jpg

VaDvVK.jpg

The twelve o'clock marker is not quite aligned with the minute markers, but at least the tip of the triangle matches the sign logo. I can live with that.

The rest (hours marker, pip) is ok alignment wise for me.

Now to the point that bothers me. I was expecting a slightly longer crown (yes, even the gen crown is not exactly short). But this one seems a bit too long in comparison?
I have been through the pictures here for the fifth time, sometimes I think it's ok, then again the crown is too long.

What do you think?

Grfranco

Known Member
26/8/19
Conus
Only thing I don’t like about mine is the lume pip, wish it were closer to gen
28aaf934dad305de6f4d20d3c39c6e61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grfranco

Known Member
26/8/19
Conus
Only thing I don’t like about mine is the lume pip, wish it were closer to gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoons

Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/4/19
The light colored and flat dial face is what has prevented me from picking up a 58 rep. The light colored lume is also an issue, but that at least can be fixed with a re-lume. Hopefully ZF releases a new version with a nice textured dark dial.

techie77

Looking Around
31/7/20
Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying the Tudor BB 58. Since it is more than 1,5 year since the last update, do you believe there would be a new model soon? Is there a lot of room for improvement or is it good version to buy?

Reactions: tiqtoq

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying the Tudor BB 58. Since it is more than 1,5 year since the last update, do you believe there would be a new model soon? Is there a lot of room for improvement or is it good version to buy?

The new update would be the BB58 Blue. I don't think there will be a new version from ZF for the OG one

fuzzmex

2/9/17
There is, after all, a difference between black and black.
The gen dial's black looks so much better irl than the rep, which has a greyish hue to it, which affects the golden print as well.
Also the gen dial has a more grainy texture.
It is the dial that is the biggest tell , which is a shame, because otherwise it is a pretty good rep.

Reactions: jackflash

Fattboy1

Horology Curious
23/8/20
Hey everyone. First off, thanks to this forum for being such an amazing resource. I've learned a ton here over the past few weeks. So I'm in the process of buying my first rep, (a black bay 58!) and I just received QC pictures. I'm a little bit iffy on them, specifically on the orientation of the 3 o'clock marker. Looks crooked to me. I was hoping some of you guys with more experience than me could tell me if I'm being overly picky or if this is a legitimate gripe? Thanks!