• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

baltalemule

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/18
Ended up buying a Black Bay blue to hold me over. Dying for this rep though!

I'm also considering a BB Black to hold me over even though it lacks the key elements that make the BB58 so appealing to me. Namely the smaller case size and gold numbering on the bezel insert.

armedcor

1/2/14
I'm also considering a BB Black to hold me over even though it lacks the key elements that make the BB58 so appealing to me. Namely the smaller case size and gold numbering on the bezel insert.

That's why I went for the blue. At least when I get the 58 I won't be stuck with two black gilt dialed watches! ????

baltalemule

13/4/18
That's why I went for the blue. At least when I get the 58 I won't be stuck with two black gilt dialed watches! ????

That hadn't occurred to me, but makes sense. I guess I'm less optimistic that the BB58 will be rep'd. Not anytime soon, anyway. I'm still bitter about the BB36 having never been rep'd - not to my knowledge. That seemed like such a no-brainer yet I waited a year after it was released, then another year, and nothing. So instead I bought a cheapy Seiko and mutilated it to look somewhat like a BB36. It doesn't. Anyway, I still really like that watch and occasionally think I should just buy a gen.

Pyknic

24/10/17
The more noise we make.... the better chance our Chinese friends will pull it out the bag!

the BB58 has gotta be an easier job than the GMT I think.

Reactions: Slayer1976

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
I do hope the word spreads to the factories. The BB58 is definitely a superb looking watch.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Huh what are you guys on about. The BB58 is currently being repped. ZF got the gen. But they got the GMT earlier so that will probably come first

Reactions: fabbe79 and Pyknic

baltalemule

13/4/18
The more noise we make.... the better chance our Chinese friends will pull it out the bag!

the BB58 has gotta be an easier job than the GMT I think.

I love this comment because it is exactly what I have been thinking. It's the reason I have posted to this thread more than any other in my short time here.

Honestly, I see myself buying the rep then buying the gen. Wearing the rep as my daily and keeping the gen on an altar at home where I can present it with offerings of cuban rum, cigars, and sacrificed chickens, Jobu style. The BB58 is THAT perfect.

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
I also Suppose that the gmt will come out First , they can use their Case and bracelet from the other BBs and just make bezel gmt Hand and dial while the 58 needs a Complete new Case, bracelet , Hands,.....

Reactions: Soxxgo2

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
I agree with you all, the BB58 is a great watch. Just because I'm curious: Where did some of you get the info that ZF got a gen BB58?

In my opinion a rep should be very likely if they spend the money to get a gen one.

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
I tried the gen on at an AD over the weekend and it is sooooo sweet! I almost bought it because I was so surprised to see one there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Every AD i went to said its not available. U must have been very lucky and you should have just bought it!!