• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Well after going through all the pics in this thread again, I asked my TD for another one. Without posting the rest of the QCs, I can pretty confidently tell this crown stem is the longer in the batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: alexpaf

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
Hey folks, I normally don’t post qc requests but in this case I’m having a hard time figuring out if this is v1 or v2. If anyone knows definitively if the crown stem is the longer or shorter version, I could use a chime in. Again though, my only question is the crown stem height, not looking for any other input. Thanks!

31a285cd4e714edb37ccbca2511cc7e3.jpg
ac9dfa1998b29afd5a9908804b10300e.jpg

I would rl. The crown tube looks too long indeed

dausfro

Looking Around
21/10/19
Brisbane
I really want to pull the trigger on this BB58 v2 but I don't want to be forced into buying one with a long stem. Are there any TDs that are consistently providing ones with shorter stems? Or do I just RL and keep insisting on the shorter stem?

Reactions: fmcmla

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Well after going through all the pics in this thread again, I asked my TD for another one. Without posting the rest of the QCs, I can pretty confidently tell this crown stem is the longer in the batch.

I think its best to use your own judgement. A few times I was doubtful initially regarding some QC issues but I made the stupid decision of asking the TD's input. They will always say its perfect/latest version or simply will let your questions slip. Just RL and ask for another piece do not negotiate. All the times I trusted them, the watch came with the exact issues I thought it had.

Some TD even go to great lengths to take pictures not showing the flaws and dont trust their Timegrapher pics/videos either as the watch will come in with horrible readings if you have your own timegrapher.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I think its best to use your own judgement. A few times I was doubtful initially regarding some QC issues but I made the stupid decision of asking the TD's input. They will always say its perfect/latest version or simply will let your questions slip. Just RL and ask for another piece do not negotiate. All the times I trusted them, the watch came with the exact issues I thought it had.

Some TD even go to great lengths to take pictures not showing the flaws and dont trust their Timegrapher pics/videos either as the watch will come in with horrible readings if you have your own timegrapher.

Yes, Ive had that experience primarily with non-TDs. Nowadays I usually work with about 3 different TDs and we have a comfortable relationship. I'd be a little cautious to say some TDs intentionally take pics to not show flaws...I would certainly agree that some dealers do that, but I haven't experienced that really with TDs...not to say some dont, but I try to believe they're "trusted" for a reason and that status is periodically reviewed.

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Yes, Ive had that experience primarily with non-TDs. Nowadays I usually work with about 3 different TDs and we have a comfortable relationship. I'd be a little cautious to say some TDs intentionally take pics to not show flaws...I would certainly agree that some dealers do that, but I haven't experienced that really with TDs...not to say some dont, but I try to believe they're "trusted" for a reason and that status is periodically reviewed.

They're trusted simply because they deliver the product and no scams or shady dealings. i've received watches with dings and imperfections which are not possible with the angle and positioning that they took. It was really crafty if you ask me. I say it as it is, but I'm not naming the TD as it is their livelihood and reputation. You just gotta try which TD is best consistently and always trust your own judgement.

Limjac39

Horology Curious
9/8/19
Just GL this piece. I know of the slight i
perfections on this piece. The usual issue but decided that I can live with them. Just have to manage my expectation on buying a replica.
b46a9e9f-fef5-406f-99c7-6f33b4489c6f

Reactions: Michu and stufuse

Limjac39

Horology Curious
9/8/19
Hi Plantagenet,

Yes. I too see the 3 o’clock issue as well as the six o’clock marker in the pictures. However when I view the video QC. They looked alright even though I paused every frame. Just have to keep my fingers crossed. Cheers.

onsafari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Very satisfied on my new leather strap!
a47d9ae7f1116cf8b66e3a97039e041a.plist
a5573a3aaf2b1d86b8256110214a8c98.plist

Very nice, mate. Have the gen 58 on SS and looking to get a leather band but can't justify the insane AD cost. Care to share where you got this?

Last edited:

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
That QC pic looks perfect other than the lume. I believe the 36912 indexes comes from different factory hence the mismatched. But if you charge it with UV light it’s actually not that bad looking.