• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
f32df96e3fcfb1857e4c91f11402d082.jpg

Astajic

Known Member
23/8/18
Hi all been a while...
Really like this model and pulled the trigger last week with Tim aka fat panda. Still waiting for QC... Hope is gonna be alright.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Astajic

Known Member
23/8/18
Is my second time with him, first went well. I’ll post pics as soon as I have the watch in hands

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
Would you just recommend applying grease around the backing and crown? I am not sure how to waterproof a replica. Thank you!

Grease itself does nothing for water resistance.

It’s all about the condition of the gaskets, greasing the caseback and crown gaskets/o-rings ensures they don’t get distorted when tightening down. Also, it’s important for the crystal gasket to be seated properly.

Then, when you think everything is ok, you still need to pressure test it first to be sure.

desectro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/15
Got this beauty earlier this week.
Dial seems slightly lighter than I thought. Unsure if gen has the same effect.. I expected it to be on the darker shade
e8e3409b0bd905b3839332a70f8df9b9.jpg

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lieutjoe

littlej2455

Looking Around
4/8/19
Grease itself does nothing for water resistance.

It’s all about the condition of the gaskets, greasing the caseback and crown gaskets/o-rings ensures they don’t get distorted when tightening down. Also, it’s important for the crystal gasket to be seated properly.

Then, when you think everything is ok, you still need to pressure test it first to be sure.

Thank you for explaining that. Do you recommend replacing the o-rings or having it just not compress as much helps? Sorry these are probably dumb questions, but thank you for your help.

Reactions: alexpaf

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
Thank you for explaining that. Do you recommend replacing the o-rings or having it just not compress as much helps? Sorry these are probably dumb questions, but thank you for your help.

No such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers.

The o-rings are usually ok from the factory, in my experience. You just need to inspect them for damage and replace if necessary, grease them up and properly tighten down everything. Then have it pressure tested to ensure a good seal.

littlej2455

Looking Around
4/8/19
No such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers.

The o-rings are usually ok from the factory, in my experience. You just need to inspect them for damage and replace if necessary, grease them up and properly tighten down everything. Then have it pressure tested to ensure a good seal.

Thank you so much! That is very helpful!