• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay Harrods Edition

ziggycharly

17/6/17
Loving mine
13b4bb37cce9439217e7aaac2b9fac06.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cadows

ziggycharly

17/6/17
Did you compare it with gen side by side? Im interested to know how close is green dial print and green second hand tip to the gen.

I haven't sorry buddy. I haven't really studied the gen or seen in person, I just know this feels solid and looks good to me

Reactions: Cadows

hm11esh

4/9/18
the earlier reps had a different colour green tip and bezel was off.

Looks like they have fixed the issues. I know this because I had the older rep and the gen at the same time

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
comparing my rep to gen its VERY close, dont know if mines an early one but the green is ever so slightly off but so close you second guess yourself.

The main things I noticed where -

Caseback - Gen is always aligned to the H logo and numbering is parallel to the case/screwed down to it is straight, Rep is random.

Bracelet - Engraving is wrong inside clasp, and rattles more.

Movement - Little more rotor rattle, Winding not as smooth as gen but neither is a gen rolex the tudor is just exceptionally smooth.

Crown - Engraving of the logo is not as deep on the rep.

Dial - This is the main thing, the hour surrounds are dull and dont have the shine the gen does, they managed to get it right with the BB58 , if they did the same on this it would be perfect imo.

Reactions: johnlogan

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
comparing my rep to gen its VERY close, dont know if mines an early one but the green is ever so slightly off but so close you second guess yourself.

The main things I noticed where -

Caseback - Gen is always aligned to the H logo and numbering is parallel to the case/screwed down to it is straight, Rep is random.

Bracelet - Engraving is wrong inside clasp, and rattles more.

Movement - Little more rotor rattle, Winding not as smooth as gen but neither is a gen rolex the tudor is just exceptionally smooth.

Crown - Engraving of the logo is not as deep on the rep.

Dial - This is the main thing, the hour surrounds are dull and dont have the shine the gen does, they managed to get it right with the BB58 , if they did the same on this it would be perfect imo.

Nice observation, do you have pics of your rep?

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Congrats. I haven't worn my gen yet.

Haha! Same with me - I look at my gen in the watchbox but still have yet to wear it, three weeks after picking it up from Harrod's...:huh1:

JDM180

Banned
3/9/13
Haha! Same with me - I look at my gen in the watchbox but still have yet to wear it, three weeks after picking it up from Harrod's...:huh1:

I was the same then caved in a few months later and glad I did , get it slapped on the wrist and enjoy it !

hm11esh

4/9/18

year and a half later i still not worn mine. lol

JDM180

Banned
3/9/13
year and a half later i still not worn mine. lol

Wearing mine today and looking at it while reading this thread, cant belive I left it sat in the box for so long missing out on enjoying it. Get it on !

hm11esh

4/9/18
Wearing mine today and looking at it while reading this thread, cant belive I left it sat in the box for so long missing out on enjoying it. Get it on !

Been tempted for a long time but i cant do it as the number at the back is something special to me and i want to keep it for reslae reasons if the right buyer wants it.

might buy a rep of it to satisfy my urge though

JDM180

Banned
3/9/13
Been tempted for a long time but i cant do it as the number at the back is something special to me and i want to keep it for reslae reasons if the right buyer wants it.

It wont satisfy it lol , And if its something special to you why would you sell it .

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18

Finally wore mine out this week for the first time - it's a lovely piece, one thing I'll say is that I feel its weight/bulk on the wrist more than, say, my 116622; nonetheless it feels very satisfying to wear. Don't hang around worrying about resale value, break her out and wear her in good health brother!