• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay Steel...

Heimdallr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/18
I have the gen steel and the rep. The rep is a super rep,in my opinion, the only way I can tell them apart is that the click on the bezel is slightly different on the gen.
That's helpful to read!

Could you elaborate on the bezel click? What's the difference btwn the two? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mikey101

5/5/17
It’s the free a easy movement on the gen and it makes a different clicking sound.

JunioVB

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/18
Eu
Would you recommend reluming?

Real difference in lume its not how strong it could be but how long does it last...
The black bay steel it’s truly a super rep

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
I wouldn't say it's truly a super rep, I have just seen it in person and compared it to my rep, dead giveaway is the text on the dial, the gen has a matt white finish to the text, the rep is a satin silver and slightly thinner. Also the crown is slightly more tucked in on the gen.

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Having owned the rep now for about two months I would have to say its pretty darm close to being considered a 'super-rep'...
Very happy/satisfied with the watch, runs great (about +4 sec/day) and looks very close to a gen...
As I mentioned, regarding the lume, not super-bright but very acceptable, and seems to hold well.
Only area where some improvement could be made is with the bezel... some minor play- it could be tighter...
But for a $300 rep, IMO its an excellent purchase.

Reactions: Razorig2

Heimdallr

15/4/18
It’s the free a easy movement on the gen and it makes a different clicking sound.
Could you possibly do a side by side picture? Would you agree with someone above that stated that font if text on the dial is a dead giveaway?

JunioVB

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/18
Eu
Could you possibly do a side by side picture? Would you agree with someone above that stated that font if text on the dial is a dead giveaway?

In my opinion no...
you need a loop to find differences,and that’s not a give a way in rep game :)

Reactions: JeanZee

Heimdallr

15/4/18
I wouldn't say it's truly a super rep, I have just seen it in person and compared it to my rep, dead giveaway is the text on the dial, the gen has a matt white finish to the text, the rep is a satin silver and slightly thinner. Also the crown is slightly more tucked in on the gen.
Others have said it's a super rep. Are you looking at the text magnified?

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
No, you can see the difference from eye level, no magnification required. I just looked at the gen text and looked at mine. The gen text has a flatter bolder finish and it's matt white. The rep is a 3d printed text with a satin silver finish instead of being pure white and it's slightly thinner. However the rest of the rep holds up pretty well.

JunioVB

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/18
Eu
No, you can see the difference from eye level, no magnification required. I just looked at the gen text and looked at mine. The gen text has a flatter bolder finish and it's matt white. The rep is a 3d printed text with a satin silver finish instead of being pure white and it's slightly thinner. However the rest of the rep holds up pretty well.

You have better eyes than mine! :)

Reactions: Razorig2

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Since you have gen and rep could you possibly post comparisons pics with both side by side?
I have the gen steel and the rep. The rep is a super rep,in my opinion, the only way I can tell them apart is that the click on the bezel is slightly different on the gen.

Heimdallr

15/4/18
So the previous model the text was too thunk and now it's too thin? Someone above posted that they fixed the text issue.

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Sorry for all the questions. Just put in my order and I'm excited haha ????

JunioVB

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/18
Eu
Bracelet is great as well
engravings are not as gen obviously but it has a great feeling

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Are there any particular things to look out for on the QCs? Any guidance would be appreciated.

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Might want to ask for a TimeGraph reading to check timing/accuracy.

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Here's mine... Good numbers.

fetch