• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay Steel...

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Just received my BB Steel... excellent rep, no flaws, very happy... wears well.
Like the leather look... less formal.

Reactions: Razorig2

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Looks good, the leather should balance out the hefty weight of the watch, glad there are no flaws.

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
No problems... bezel is tight, good clicks, lume is good (not Seiko-great) but good. Satisfied!...
Now I'll start checking time/accuracy... Timegraph showed +7 s/d.

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Lol there are hardly any reps, let alone gen watches that can match even the basic Seiko lume. My £60 seiko has better lume than my £1.7k Tag Heuer aquaracer.....

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Yep... Don't know what their secret is in their LumiBrite lume but it IS awesome... very few lumes come close!

Heimdallr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/18
No problems... bezel is tight, good clicks, lume is good (not Seiko-great) but good. Satisfied!...
Now I'll start checking time/accuracy... Timegraph showed +7 s/d.

Any update on this? Thinking about getting one and was curious to know what your experience has been like so far.

Someone also mentioned that the bracelet is not 'buttery soft'. I know we're dealing with reps here so I don't expect it to be truly 1:1. How would you rate the bracelet?

Thanks!

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Also how is the date wheel? Is it off? Some of the pictures I've seen so far show it's pretty off. Thanks!

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Have had the watch alittle over a month... very happy with the purchase, watch works great.
TimeGraph said it ran +7sec/day... has actually been running +4/day...
Bezel action is good, with very little 'play'...
Bracelet is very well made... however, I'm a leather-guy so switched it out immediately.
Date wheel is centered and dead-on, begins to turn about 5min before 12:00...
Only minor issue is the strength of the lume... its OK but definitely not Seiko-strong... holds overnight with no problem...
Again, very satisfied with the purchase... but sometimes it can be luck-of-the-draw.

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Have had the watch alittle over a month... very happy with the purchase, watch works great.
TimeGraph said it ran +7sec/day... has actually been running +4/day...
Bezel action is good, with very little 'play'...
Bracelet is very well made... however, I'm a leather-guy so switched it out immediately.
Date wheel is centered and dead-on, begins to turn about 5min before 12:00...
Only minor issue is the strength of the lume... its OK but definitely not Seiko-strong... holds overnight with no problem...
Again, very satisfied with the purchase... but sometimes it can be luck-of-the-draw.

Thanks I appreciate the quick answer!

How low is the lume? Could you by any chance share a picture? I think I'm going to order one.

71bucks

18/5/10
It's a gorgeous watch; only concern I have with it is the likelihood of that bezel getting scratched up easily (the couple I've seen in the member sales section were scratched).

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Regarding the lume... don't want to give the impression its a poor lume... just NOT a super-strong lume.
Pic taken after about 10sec under desk light... will weaken but usually lasts overnight.

lume.jpg

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Regrading the bezel... no scratches on mine... but I try to be careful.
Nice 'circular' brushed surface... don't wear it for any heavy-duty work... for me, a 'dress-diver.'

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Regarding the lume... don't want to give the impression its a poor lume... just NOT a super-strong lume.
Pic taken after about 10sec under desk light... will weaken but usually lasts overnight.

lume.jpg
The hour hand and second hand looks off
Is that how the Gen is? A different level of lume?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
The hour hand and second hand looks off
Is that how the Gen is? A different level of lume?

It's just the charge, they are the same.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Would you recommend reluming?

No why? It's just how well that guy charged the lume prior to snapping the picture. Lume is good and strong on the ZF reps.

Mikey101

5/5/17
What was the original problem with the Shield and Text?

I have the gen steel and the rep. The rep is a super rep,in my opinion, the only way I can tell them apart is that the click on the bezel is slightly different on the gen.