• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay Steel...

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Just received the watch, holy smokes does it look good or what. Having big trouble with the screws on the bracelet, they are not budging one bit, once I get it adjusted from a local smith store tomorrow I will be uploading some pictures. Stay tuned!

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Congrats... glad it meets your expectations.
Looking forward to pics...

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Bit of a silly question, really struggling to upload pictures from my desktop, 90kb maximum image size, can't upload more than one In a single post. I don't have a Web based image hosting site, how do I go about this?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Bit of a silly question, really struggling to upload pictures from my desktop, 90kb maximum image size, can't upload more than one In a single post. I don't have a Web based image hosting site, how do I go about this?

You need to use imgur or similar. Make an account, upload your photos to it, and then copy and past the BB links to the forum

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Razorig2

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14

Use imgbb.com no account or sth is needed.

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Here are the pictures as promised, also some comments on the quality below.

Cons:
- Date window numbers are slightly north of the window.
- Pearl and bezel is not 100% centered, it's ever so slightly off centered.
- Bezel teeth are extremely thin and lack depth, like the gen, making it a bit difficult to grasp and turn, just nitpicking.

Pros:
- Super luminova applied well on the indices and hands, has a very bright glow especially when exposed to a good amount of light.
- AR coating is applied very well, absorbs a lot of reflections, like the gen.
- The text on the dial is a lot thinner and smoother, shield emblem is thinner as well like the gen.
- The text is very crispy and raised subtly above the surface of the dial which has a nice sheen finish to it.
- The lume pip has been fixed, a lot flatter and the pearl to bezel ratio is much better. I have seen some where the bezel around the pearl is too thick and the pearl looks like a tiny fat dot.
- The bracelet and watch has a very meaty weight to it, preferably this is something i like. It feels solid as a tank!!!
- Engravings of numbers and case back text are deep and clear.
- Clasp opens and closes smoothly, no jammy or stickiness feeling to it.
- Easy and fast link removal, just need a 1.5mm/1.4mm slotted screwdriver.
- Overall finishing is amazing especially for the price of £220, one of the best reps i have owned, could class it as a super rep for sure! :)

Let me know what you all think!!

6hguYAz.jpg

QwJDg1H.jpg

04J80fE.jpg

bOd5Fvl.jpg

s6Vo5Bz.jpg

56aYJYj.jpg

0azBmkj.jpg

r74Gd0Y.jpg

lvIJsez.jpg

fDngMBC.jpg

Reactions: Daft_Punk

pmac6050

Horology Curious
29/6/18
This was my first rep after I decided buying genuine watches was a waste of money. All I can remember was being super impressed by the quality compared to my genuine IWC and Tag. I ended up replacing the steel bands because they didn't feel as buttery as my genuine watches but I think you could condition them with oil if you wanted to. I ended up using a Bonetto Cinturini rubber strap with a butterfly clasp and it was perfect in terms of comfort and looks.

pmac6050

Horology Curious
29/6/18
The only thing that pissed me off a little was that the bezel didn't rotate smoothly and had a little bit of play in it but after some use it started to turn better. Play didn't improve through. But hey I spent $300 versus $4000 dollars so can't really complain.

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
I guess when reps are so close to the gens it makes you question is it really worth breaking the bank for it?
Yes there will always be some form of compromise with a rep but if it looks good enough, the average person won't be able to tell its a rep and I'm sure most people are happy with a good rep at a fraction of price of the real thing.

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
It seems like this rep is the most consistent in terms of quality control, very happy for everyone who has received good QC pictures.