No announcement yet.

Tudor Black Bay Steel...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my BB Steel... excellent rep, no flaws, very happy... wears well.
    Like the leather look... less formal.

Comment

Looks good, the leather should balance out the hefty weight of the watch, glad there are no flaws.

Comment

No problems... bezel is tight, good clicks, lume is good (not Seiko-great) but good. Satisfied!...
        Now I'll start checking time/accuracy... Timegraph showed +7 s/d.

Comment

Lol there are hardly any reps, let alone gen watches that can match even the basic Seiko lume. My £60 seiko has better lume than my £1.7k Tag Heuer aquaracer.....

Comment

Yep... Don't know what their secret is in their LumiBrite lume but it IS awesome... very few lumes come close!

Comment

Originally posted by JeanZee View Post
              No problems... bezel is tight, good clicks, lume is good (not Seiko-great) but good. Satisfied!...
              Now I'll start checking time/accuracy... Timegraph showed +7 s/d.
              Any update on this? Thinking about getting one and was curious to know what your experience has been like so far.

Someone also mentioned that the bracelet is not 'buttery soft'. I know we're dealing with reps here so I don't expect it to be truly 1:1. How would you rate the bracelet?

Thanks!

Comment

Also how is the date wheel? Is it off? Some of the pictures I've seen so far show it's pretty off. Thanks!

Comment

Have had the watch alittle over a month... very happy with the purchase, watch works great.
                  TimeGraph said it ran +7sec/day... has actually been running +4/day...
                  Bezel action is good, with very little 'play'...
                  Bracelet is very well made... however, I'm a leather-guy so switched it out immediately.
                  Date wheel is centered and dead-on, begins to turn about 5min before 12:00...
                  Only minor issue is the strength of the lume... its OK but definitely not Seiko-strong... holds overnight with no problem...
                  Again, very satisfied with the purchase... but sometimes it can be luck-of-the-draw.

Comment

Have had the watch alittle over a month... very happy with the purchase, watch works great.
                    TimeGraph said it ran +7sec/day... has actually been running +4/day...
                    Bezel action is good, with very little 'play'...
                    Bracelet is very well made... however, I'm a leather-guy so switched it out immediately.
                    Date wheel is centered and dead-on, begins to turn about 5min before 12:00...
                    Only minor issue is the strength of the lume... its OK but definitely not Seiko-strong... holds overnight with no problem...
                    Again, very satisfied with the purchase... but sometimes it can be luck-of-the-draw.
                    Thanks I appreciate the quick answer!

How low is the lume? Could you by any chance share a picture? I think I'm going to order one.

Comment

It's a gorgeous watch; only concern I have with it is the likelihood of that bezel getting scratched up easily (the couple I've seen in the member sales section were scratched).

Comment

Regarding the lume... don't want to give the impression its a poor lume... just NOT a super-strong lume.
                        Pic taken after about 10sec under desk light... will weaken but usually lasts overnight.

Comment

Regrading the bezel... no scratches on mine... but I try to be careful.
                          Nice 'circular' brushed surface... don't wear it for any heavy-duty work... for me, a 'dress-diver.'

Comment

Mine on gen black NATO. It's been a great tool/daily watch.

Comment

IMO Black Perlon also gives it a good look...

Last edited by JeanZee; 17-08-18, 12:13.

Comment

Regarding the lume... don't want to give the impression its a poor lume... just NOT a super-strong lume.
                                Pic taken after about 10sec under desk light... will weaken but usually lasts overnight.

The hour hand and second hand looks off
                                Is that how the Gen is? A different level of lume?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X