• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos V6F V4 - What's new?

sub05

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/15
Don,t mean ti hijack the thread, but does anyone know if xf / v6f uses dial-feet or if they still glue the dial. I have experienced the issue with separated dial on the 2-liner. Going to place an order for either zf or xf next week, and would like to know. Hoping for reply .

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Blue Pelagos XF V4 VS Gen
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This and another tapatalk link you shared recently don't work for me. Tapatalk seems to redirect back to the forum ok, but then it hits a wall.

Thankfully it's possible to work it out from the topic id in the query string, but might be best to share proper forum links rather than tapatalk ones.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-xf-v4-vs-gen

EDIT: Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: sniffti

kkean

14/11/19
I think more and more factories are leaning toward the Miyota 9015 movement. I also have the same headache whether to get the Miyota movement for the Tudor BBB Blue and the Pelagos.
I just wonder if this issue persists, should the factories fix it before selling to us or the open market. Perhaps, they can't be bothered because of too many customers.

a5539925

29/7/18
I respect the miyota for being a high quality high beat movement, but they sound low rent and nothing can be done about it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Miyota is crap
It’s not Japanese
Chinese repped it too
That’s why it’s totally dry
The movement design itself is not good
It’s an inaccurate movement
No quick date change at midnight
Single direction winding
Stem and spring problems

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Miyota is crap
It’s not Japanese
Chinese repped it too
Single direction winding
Stem and spring problems

I've heard they did repped the miyota, cheaper than use real miyota

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Just avoid the miyota at all cost. It might not even be the real deal miyota but a chinese copy. I've had watches with genuine miyota movement, they're not even as bad/crap/shit/abysmal as the ones found in reps. To avoid headaches OOTB, just don't get miyota especially the ones with decorated movements. The rotor and decorated plate has alot of quality issues.

Reactions: sniffti and ffuhcu

JamesRR96

Horology Curious
1/5/20
Just read this whole thread and I still cannot work out the best Pelagos to buy ????????

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
Just read this whole thread and I still cannot work out the best Pelagos to buy ????????

Just buy anyone you can get. I absolutely love my v4. Having said that the auto wind isnt working. When it needs a service i will get a genuine miyota dropped in. But they are a lovely watch and the movements are cheap to buy whatever you get.

JamesRR96

Horology Curious
1/5/20
Just buy anyone you can get. I absolutely love my v4. Having said that the auto wind isnt working. When it needs a service i will get a genuine miyota dropped in. But they are a lovely watch and the movements are cheap to buy whatever you get.

What one do you have mate? I'm not liking the idea of buying the miyota movement as complaints from the noise of the rotor. I assume a normal watch repair place will work on reps.

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
What one do you have mate? I'm not liking the idea of buying the miyota movement as complaints from the noise of the rotor. I assume a normal watch repair place will work on reps.

I have a v4. The rotor is noisy but a tiny drop of oil sorted it. I would never take a rep to a normal watch place. EVER. You might not get it back. If you cant oil the rotor buy one m2m thats been sorted or the older version

Reactions: JamesRR96

JamesRR96

Horology Curious
1/5/20
I have a v4. The rotor is noisy but a tiny drop of oil sorted it. I would never take a rep to a normal watch place. EVER. You might not get it back. If you cant oil the rotor buy one m2m thats been sorted or the older version

I see, I don't know if I'm confident enough to open the case back etc haha. Yeah I thought as much, cheers for the advice pal

Last edited:
Reactions: ricansurf5

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Miyota is crap
It’s not Japanese
Chinese repped it too
Single direction winding
Stem and spring problems

Easy easy miyota need full professional watchsmith that’s all..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk