• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos V6F V4 - What's new?

nikG

Looking Around
27/2/19
I noticed the thickness was reported 13.5 mm of Pelagos on puretime but it looks way thicker from the pictures. Have anyone measured it by any chance?

Troklo

23/12/15
I got mine from m2m and the previous owner tested it to 6 bar
I love mine btw runs like a champ, +5 sec a day and no noisey rotor

exrazile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
I’m considering buying one and sending it to a modder to oil the rotor, grease seals, regulate, and pressure test. I’ve been keeping an eye out on M2M and they just don’t pop up.

Anyway, I plan on becoming a supporter before buying. So I’ll take care of that now. :)

Troklo

23/12/15
You should really get one, it's a beautiful watch. Even my brother that has only gens and told me he would never get a rep is considering getting this one.

exrazile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
I’m considering buying one and sending it to a modder to oil the rotor, grease seals, regulate, and pressure test. I’ve been keeping an eye out on M2M and they just don’t pop up.

Anyway, I plan on becoming a supporter before buying. So I’ll take care of that now. :)

thejiggo

Looking Around
17/7/18
so I just read through the thread and spoke to few Redditors about the Black V6F v4 and the noise of the rotor seems to be too loud for a few of them. If I were focusing on the A2824 movement, which Rep would you recommend? The V6F/XF V2 or the ZF V3? While the V6F is listed as a Superrep, the ZF is a First Class NWBIG. I would appreciatve your opinions :)

ZTS

28/5/10
so I just read through the thread and spoke to few Redditors about the Black V6F v4 and the noise of the rotor seems to be too loud for a few of them. If I were focusing on the A2824 movement, which Rep would you recommend? The V6F/XF V2 or the ZF V3? While the V6F is listed as a Superrep, the ZF is a First Class NWBIG. I would appreciatve your opinions :)

take it you didnt bother to read this thread at all then?

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Ive got one with the Miyota. I would have to make the following observations. Yes the rotor is loud, and needs lubricating then its ok. It keeps good time, i regulated it and it is consistently -7 at the moment. As previously pointed out there is no fine adjustment. In my opinion though by the time they have added the decorative plates to it there is a possibility of contaminating the movement. As its closed back who cares. The lume on mine is great and on the dial and bezel. My datewheel is good and one marker is a tiny bit out if you look at a photo and zoom right in but isnt noticable without a loup.
Did you lube it yourself?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
Yes but not properly. I now hav an issue with the auto wind not working as well as it should which i think is to do with the clutch. So i now hand wind anyway. Wether this was caused bynerrant oil or other tinkering im not sure. I was going to get it serviced but it costs almost the same for a new miyota.

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Yes but not properly. I now hav an issue with the auto wind not working as well as it should which i think is to do with the clutch. So i now hand wind anyway. Wether this was caused bynerrant oil or other tinkering im not sure. I was going to get it serviced but it costs almost the same for a new miyota.

Honestly would have preferred they stuck with the A2824 movement. They don't engrave the rotor anyway so anybody who opens it will know it's a fake regardless

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
Im happy with the miyota with an oiled rotor. Its the fact they added decoration to a perfectly good movement which isn't required is mental. Im pretty sure they modified the miyota as well as drilling holes to attatch the decorative plate on top. As such a perfectly reliable citizen movement with added pubes and swarf.

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Im happy with the miyota with an oiled rotor. Its the fact they added decoration to a perfectly good movement which isn't required is mental. Im pretty sure they modified the miyota as well as drilling holes to attatch the decorative plate on top. As such a perfectly reliable citizen movement with added pubes and swarf.

Maybe I just need to learn how to oil a rotor lol

AndyDav55

Known Member
Certified
13/2/18
Thanks for this review. I'm leaning towards the new one cause it seems to have better lume

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Can anyone please let me know if the hour markers on the dial are printed or applied? I have received QCs but none of the watches that were shown none-crooked hour markers. So I want to know if a modder can re-apply these or if they are printed. Thanks!

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
The markers are applied unless its a super cheap steel one with a printed dial. If they look good in qc picks its a winner.