• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos V6F V4 - What's new?

ThomasaurusRex

Horology Curious
21/8/17
Sounds like I'll be getting the V4 as I am comfortable with the lubrication process and haven't had the opportunity to regulate a 9015 yet I still wish the 2 liners were available!

Would be interested in some comparison pictures between the V4 and V3

putte

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/17
Take the back off. Then there is a central screw in the rotor that is a screwed in plug covering the three screws that hold the rotor on. Take it out and remove the rotor. You then oil the rotor with a dot of oil on the end of a pin. Remove any excess with a cotton bub and rotate the bearing, and clean again and repeat until it sounds nice and no excess comes out and refit. Takes 10 minutes

Maby a noob question, but here it comes. Haha
Do I need some special tools to take the back off, or can I just by a normal watch set of tools?
And what kind of oil do I need?

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
I used a rubber ball watch case back remover. Or a ball of gaffa tape would also work. It's a larger diameter than the rolex backs. I used a synthetic bike oil as it was all I had. I would recommend using watch oil. There are a lot of threads on the correct one for rotors. Just take the rotor off apply a tiny ammount of oil and remove all excess after making sure its been absorbed

Azmodia

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/8/18
Just got my V4 (V3 w/ Miyota) in from my TD. Initial thoughts, bezel has a bit more play/give than gen but nothing noticeable. What is noticeable though is the rotor as you move your wrist with the watch on. I opened it up and removed the rotor to oil the bearing but it still seems to be making a scraping noise as if its grinding on something. I will have to open it up again later this week to see if I can rectify the problem. Overall first impression was still great, beautiful rep though a but more bulky than my Noob V9.

Here's a shot from C&C this past weekend:

Seamaster89

Looking Around
16/5/18
The rotor is crooked so lubrication does not help. Is it possible to replace the decorated mechanism on the original Miyota 9015?

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
The rotor is crooked so lubrication does not help. Is it possible to replace the decorated mechanism on the original Miyota 9015?

It is possible to remove it but the movement fixing lugs screw to the decorated part so would need to source a movement ring. It is possible that the rotor bearing isn't pressed fully into the rotor which is why it is crooked.

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I respect the miyota for being a high quality high beat movement, but they sound low rent and nothing can be done about it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Seamaster89

Looking Around
16/5/18
I ordered the original movement as soon as I get write whether it was possible to replace.

Seamaster89

Looking Around
16/5/18
The movement did not fit, the customized movement takes up more space. I will wear with the rotor removed, very disappointed, my purchase failed.

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
The movement has a 4mm ish thick decoration plate screwed to it. You will need a space for the new mocement. By the way all 9015 have a loud rotor so I'm not sure what you would gain. Or did you try to put in a different movement?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
The movement has a 4mm ish thick decoration plate screwed to it. You will need a space for the new mocement. By the way all 9015 have a loud rotor so I'm not sure what you would gain. Or did you try to put in a different movement?

What movement could fit? Gen ETA maybe?

Reactions: Odins-raisin

NDJ2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/16
Australia
I can't understand why reps with miyota movements have such loud rotors. I have 2 miyota powered gens and the rotor is barely audible in them. Makes me wonder if the factories have repped miyota movements.

Whisperer

Known Member
8/3/17
United States
I was sold what is supposed to be an XF v3 with the Miyota movement?

Were the v3's ever sold with a Miyota movement? The bezel markings are not as white as the face indices.

Reactions: McMk5

Azmodia

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/8/18
I was sold what is supposed to be an XF v3 with the Miyota movement?

Were the v3's ever sold with a Miyota movement? The bezel markings are not as white as the face indices.

The V3 with Miyota is the same as the V4 according to my TD. That is the one I bought

Sunsurfer

26/3/17
EU
if you google noisy miyota 9015 there are quite a few guides. Theres at least one on here from Nivka which was good. The only other thing to know is there is a plug in the centre the pushes in that needs to be removed to expose the three screws that hold the rotor in. Before it was done you could often hear the rotor freespin when driving from reasonably small movements of the wrist. Now nothing. I was worried it wasnt winding at all.

Thanks, for you posting.I found it via the search and this was the solution for me -> The center plug needs to be screwed out. In the Breitling Superocean Heritage II you can pop it off as far as I know.

Quick guide for silencing Tudor Pelages V4 from V6F:
  1. Remember I'm a hobbyist and no professional :) But here the steps I did.
  2. Open screwed caseback
  3. remove the big center screw on the rotor
  4. remove silver ring around center screw
  5. then you see three tiny screws, remove those
  6. Take the rotor out of the movement
  7. Put the caseback on the watch to protect it from dust
  8. Now you see the balls ob the roter on the backside of the rotor
  9. Put one tiny tiny drop of MOEBIUS D5 oil on one of the balls
  10. Turn the center with a tooth stick a couple of times in both directions
  11. wipe the rest of the oil off the rotor
  12. Build it back together
the Rotes is silent now, great! Be sure not to take too much oil!

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
Which is the better model V6F or xf?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 5 Plus utilizzando Tapatalk