• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos V6F V4 - What's new?

FarewellFire

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/17
Folks!

PureTime listed a new (V6F V4) Tudor Pelagos yesterday - https://puretime05.com/pelagos-v6f-...racelet-a5612-v4-free-black-rubber-strap.html

As much as I like the look of this watch I'm by no means an expert so if someone could shed some light on impovements from earlier models that would be much appreciated.

The obvious difference from the V6F V2 (which is the latest I can find) and the ZF V3 would be the Miyota movement. Also, the thickness of the bezel font looks more gen like than on the ZF V3.

Thoughts?

Reactions: dannybb

steffesta

Known Member
14/3/18
is there any new about the new version going around? I've also seen an x3 of this watch. I would like to buy...

ShinobiSamurai

Horology Curious
21/7/17
Sir,the new version seems to be improved in some aspects, but please keep in mind that the Miyota movement while being a workhorse can be very loud and Tudor Pelagos reps have lume issues all the way.

Last edited:

zumafan69

Known Member
13/7/16
Is this a new, clean and reliable Miyota movement...as opposed to some of the recycled Swiss ETA movements in other replicas?

Awesomeo

13/9/13
They're not recycled movements (unless you pay for one, and sometimes not even then...), they're locally cloned movements. ETA work in cleanrooms, with parts manufactured to high tolerances. Your guess is as good as mine on how well the Chinese factories are mimicking that stringency.

They've gone the Miyota route to match the movement design on the gen. With a closed caseback it's up to you how much that matters, but worth noting that most people complain about the rotor noise of Miyota's. My A2824 Pelagos is as quiet as my gen ETA 2824s, but I suspect that's more down to the case/back thickness more than quality workmanship.

Shame they still haven't fixed the centre of the hand stack!

Reactions: tesmar43

zumafan69

Known Member
13/7/16
I understand about the cloned ETA movements, but was asking specifically about the Miyota. Aisian clones have a reputation of being somewhat unreliable (due to dirt, oiling practices, etc.). I asked Puretime about the Miyotas in the V4 Pelagos. They replied...

"The Miyota 9015 movement is from Japanese seiko company, brand new and work well".

If this is the case, I think I would be inclined to go this route.

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
I understand about the cloned ETA movements, but was asking specifically about the Miyota. Aisian clones have a reputation of being somewhat unreliable (due to dirt, oiling practices, etc.). I asked Puretime about the Miyotas in the V4 Pelagos. They replied...

"The Miyota 9015 movement is from Japanese seiko company, brand new and work well".

If this is the case, I think I would be inclined to go this route.

Miyota is from Citizen, not from Seiko :)

zumafan69

Known Member
13/7/16
Puretime's response...

"Oh, sorry we made a mistake, Miyota is from citizen :)

The maker told us it's brand new movement, not cloned, only decorated it."

CVX661

Horology Curious
10/7/17
I have a citizen signature with a miyota movement and it has been an incredible watch. I’m not sure if Miyoto has different grades for their movements like ETA, but having the Miyota in the Pelagos rep really is sparking my interest.

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
Ive got one with the Miyota. I would have to make the following observations. Yes the rotor is loud, and needs lubricating then its ok. It keeps good time, i regulated it and it is consistently -7 at the moment. As previously pointed out there is no fine adjustment. In my opinion though by the time they have added the decorative plates to it there is a possibility of contaminating the movement. As its closed back who cares. The lume on mine is great and on the dial and bezel. My datewheel is good and one marker is a tiny bit out if you look at a photo and zoom right in but isnt noticable without a loup.

zumafan69

Known Member
13/7/16
Ignore my previous post...Imtime and Puretime both have the Miyota in blue. But I am confused. Intime shows XF V3 Miyota for $358, Puretime shows V6F V4 Miyota for $338. I thought XF and V6F are one and the same. Are these the same watch???