• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone bought the ZF Pelagos with the A2824

phobos9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/20
I have my QC pictures, waiting the package. Will upload photos comparing my previous XF with the new V5 ZF

Alser

Horology Curious
29/7/21
I dont want to make a new thread cause its related with this one. Did anyone bought LHD from ZF?

I am also interested in the LHD but I have not found any vendor who has it, do you know any site?

Alser

Horology Curious
29/7/21
He doesn't have any available, I've already asked him 20 times

Max1978

Known Member
20/1/20
I was also interested in purchasing the LHD .. I asked TrustyTime ... he told me it is not available

TwinCamTom

Horology Curious
3/8/18

I ordered a blue Pelagos ZF from Puretime on August 21, 2021, paid with BTC on 8/23/2021, received the attached QC pictures on 9/5/2021 which I approved, notice of shipment on 9/9/2021, tracking number on 9/13/2021, then the watch arrived at my home in the USA on 9/27/2021. The entire process took two or three weeks longer than past orders, but that is to be expected in the current environment. I am very happy with the watch. It looks, feels, and operates great.

Reactions: easylink

easylink

12/3/21
TwinCamTom Thank you for sharing. I ordered a black one from Puretime but it took way to long so I changed my order to the bb58 in blue (which was shipped 2 days ago).
But I still want the Pelagos. Have you noticed any flaws? How is the clasp action? Is the clasp hanging down?

grifforama

Horology Curious
26/6/18
I just purchased a blue ZF from Hont, and the bezel play was terrible. I'm returning for e refund. Shame because the watch is gorgeous.

easylink

12/3/21
Anyone else bought a ZF V5 and can share their experience?

Joke123

Looking Around
15/10/21
I have it, arrived today from Ryan. What would you like to know?

easylink

12/3/21
I have it, arrived today from Ryan. What would you like to know?

Are there any misalignments, bezel play? How is the clasp action, lume?
Have you noticed any major flaws?

Could you please post some pictures?
Thank you

Last edited:

K33pwatch

Horology Curious
8/11/21
Also in the market for one. How’s the overall quality on the ZF in comparison to the XF? It seems most that have purchased are happy with it.

phobos9

3/7/20
I have both and imho zf is not bad, in fact is a good rep but XF is better far away. Zf have diferent case shape than gen. The problem with this watch, no matter zf or xf is that is so delicate that I don't wear it because titanium and steel parts are easyly scrachable and lume insert can be lost by normal use. Past week saw a black gen in an oficial expo shop without the lume at the 14:00, the xf model is so close to gen that is posible to loose same lume parts. In zf pelagos lume is diffefent and is more dificult to lost it, but! Keep warning if you want clean it with alcohol, it would disolve the lume and fuck your bezel. By the way, i can interchange both bracelet, i think they are from same maker but I can't interchange the endlinks.

Last edited:

phobos9

3/7/20
Hows the dial texture?
Slightly, very slightly, rougher in the zf, and only noticeable in very specific light conditions. In 99% of the situations I am not able to see the difference. The separation between the hands and the dial is also clearly different, being much closer to the dial in the zf. The crystal of the zf is also clearer.