• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order Trusty Time - Not great so far!

munros

Horology Curious
18/7/20
After a lot of research through the internet, i eventually came to the decision (with the help from this forum) to use Trusty Time to purchase my first two replica watches.

I was actually confident in the beginning i, i had read lots of good things about the seller and compared factory's so i knew what quality i was buying.

Here is the purchase so far;

05/08/2020 - 1 x Rolex Submariner (Hulk) ZZF & 1 x Omega Seamaster OMF purchased. All in (including deliver) cost me $771, a lot of money in my opinion to be sending through the internet to an untrusted source. Anyway as i said i was confident. Email confirmation received, 'QC Pics' 4-12 days time and delivery time 11-20 days.

05/08/2020 - Another email received 'QC Pics' 2-7 days time, great they might be here sooner!

11/08/2020 - I contacted 'Andrew' (Trusty Time email) following up the 'QC pics'. Told to be patient and 'QC Pics' 4-12 days time and delivery time 11-18 days and now weekends are not included ... fine, getting a little frustrated with the days moving and I understand there is a language barrier. May have been a bit eager so we continue to wait.

14/08/2020 - Email received from 'Andrew'. Factory has called and both the items i have are not in stock and he would like me to chose another 2 watches ...... I couldn't believe that he had taken my money without even having stock of the watches. I did not want any other watches and requested availability dates. He replied you'll have to wait weeks, choose another. I managed to get that the Rolex will be available in 1 week and the Omega 1 month. Fine i will wait, very disappointing and confidence i will actually receive anything is dropping.

14/08/2020 - Watches are still being advertised on website for sale.

25/08/2020 - Watches are still being advertised on website for sale. Emailed 'Andrew' requesting an update as it has been over 1 week for the Rolex 'QC pics'. Waiting for a response.

Don't get me wrong i never expected next day delivery, however i at least expected them to be able to provide what they offer? Maybe i am being Naive as i am new to this world. Does anyone have any similar experience? I will continue to post as i get updates.

Thanks

munros

Horology Curious
18/7/20
25/08/2020 - Email response received from Trusty Time. They had communication with the factory yesterday who responded that there is now an issue with parts for the model i have purchased which is still not resolved. However they have offered me another model which is conveniently $50 more expensive.

Picksk

18/6/20
Hello mate! Sorry about your bad experience with Andrew, he usually is on top of things of things as you must have no doubt have seen from many of reviews on here. I myself have bought from him in the past and had flawless transactions. Re the website, yes, most of the TD websites are not upto date and list watches that are no longer in stock. I personally always email the dealer with the model of the watch I want to buy to confirm availability before paying. Also, I don’t really think that he is lying about the parts, Andrew has been in the rep business a long time and doubt he would pull a fast one for $50 more. But then again, I could be totally mistaken here and defer to the more knowledgeable members of this forum. Hope you get your watches soon!

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Dealers don’t hold stock, they have to wait for factory availability. The ZZF Hulk is like gold dust. The more expensive model will have been the one with the clone movement.

Nothing you are describing above is unusual.

Updog

18/7/19
Yeah, you're being unreasonable here mate. If you had of done some research into how the trusted dealers work, you would understand that they typically don't hold stock. The pretty shopfront is just there to help you choose the watch you're after- this isn't amazon.

At least you've earned a valuable lesson

manuelmay

6/12/18
As other said, the time line is purely indicative: you can have QC on 2 days (my last order) or almost 20 days (my first one). Like they advertised you next time email him to ask before buying, otherwise you have to wait.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
This issue has been discussed to death. If you took more time to read up on the reviews you would have known that TD's only take the orders and it's up to the factory to assemble them. Andrew doesn't have a store where he could check inventory to see what's available. In case you forgot, this is an illegal counterfeit business! If you don't like the process then stick to AD's or Amazon

Reactions: Tucker and Torky

Torky

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/20
My experience has been similar, and although it is frustrating at times, that’s mostly due to my inexperience and inflated expectations. My Tudor Pelagos is currently en route, so the whole process will have taken about two months. That’s probably at the high end of the timeline, but Andrew has been very responsive throughout. Provided I’m satisfied with the watch when it gets here (and I’m expecting to be) I don’t think I’d hesitate to give Andrew my trust in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

munros

Horology Curious
18/7/20
Appreciate all your comments and giving a little more in sight in the process. I'll take your comments on board and keep patient, i will keep the thread going for future new buyers to learn from. Thanks

Reactions: kavorca1

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Basically, he offered you a better watch after you got upset for not first figuring out if they were in stock?
Sounds like something I would have done.. I still ask him why my packages haven’t been picked up yet by dhl when my whole being tells me to just shut up and be patient..
orobably the best lesson you coulda learned!
i prolly take the better movement though and pay the extra $50. He’ll you’re already weeks and 770 in the bucket, ya know?
good luck with it all!

Reactions: Torky

munros

Horology Curious
18/7/20

Morning,

Update 23/09/2020 received QC pics from Andrew. Pleased with the images so confirmed delivery, still waiting for images of the Omega. Andrew advised middle of October.

Reactions: reklamezonen