• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another first-timer trusting Trusty

Torky

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/20
I’ll let this serve as my timeline to hopefully ease others’ minds as we move through this process. I researched for a long time and moved from watch to watch before finally settling on the black Tudor Pelagos XF.
Ordered 6/30, paid through TransferWise with Andrew helping me through the process.
Haven’t received QC pics yet, but still within the 2-7 day timeframe Andrew stated.
Now just resisting the uncontrollable urge to check email every two minutes and/or browse these forums & Reddit, trusting that patience will be rewarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: McMk5

Torky

27/5/20
Sadly, not much to report. Day 11, no QC pics yet, but not concerned as Andrew has a reputation for being discerning. This is good. I did email 7/8 after realizing that extra links may be needed for my elephant wrist. Andrew responded back quickly with a suggestion and price. Paid that via TransferWise, and Andrew said he’d check on the funds and email back, but haven’t heard yet. It would be easy to stress at this point, especially as a new customer, but I feel secure with Andrew doing his thing. Updates to follow; hopefully soon.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
My advice would be to email him again. He gets alot emails and he may not get through all of them in a timely manner. Dont forget the time difference,so try and email during morning hours in china. Ive used Andrew for all my purchases he is aTD for good reason. If you need more help, reach out to a mod

Torky

27/5/20
Thanks. I’ll wait until tomorrow night, which will be Monday morning over there. Everyone needs a weekend, right? I appreciate you sharing your insight.

manuelmay

6/12/18
It depends from the watch you order, i've ordered a Snoopy Speedy and i waited 12 days for the QC, cause is an uncommon piece i think.

Torky

27/5/20
I did email Andrew last night (Monday morning in China) and he replied within an hour. He did get the transfer for the extra links, and said when he had QC pics, he would send them.

So I guess when it happens, it happens. We all know this isn’t Amazon, but you see posts about people getting QC pics in a day or two, and you lose sight of that. We’re spoiled, unfortunately. But hat’s off to Andrew for the prompt reply. Thank you, sir! I shall be patient.

Torky

27/5/20
Well, now 17 days and still waiting for QC pics. I emailed Andrew again just to request an explanation, as I’m a new customer and this seems out of the ordinary for Trusty. Still being patient, just want to be informed.

Torky

27/5/20
Received email reply with apology & update in

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Sorry to hear its taken so long but Andrew is a good dude. I'm sure he will do what he can to get you your watch. Btw, which watch did you order? Just curious...

Torky

27/5/20
Received email reply with an apology for the delay & an update on what’s being done, in under 3 hours. I can live with that.

I ordered the Tudor Pelagos XF v4 in black. It’s gonna be awesome.

Last edited:

Torky

27/5/20
Today is a full three weeks and still nothing. Andrew has responded to emails, last Friday, he said he’d send a “chaser” to the factory to get the watch “ASAP”. Not sure if the chaser is an email, a person or what. I’m about ready to pull the trigger on a Ryder Cup Seamaster, but the trust really isn’t there with Andrew yet. I’m hopeful that will change.

bargainrolex

Looking Around
1/7/20
I am also a first time buyer from Andrew, Trusty Time. Payed and ordered on the 3rd July 2020. got my QC pic's and the watch (Submariner , No date, with cloned Asia 3130 movement) arrived in South Africa on the 20th of July. Was stuck in Saudi Arabia for a while. Inspected the watch today and overall I am happy and will in fact order again. Drawback is that the same watch is now going at a 25% discount...:( would give 4 1/2 stars rating)

Torky

27/5/20
I received an email from Andrew himself last night (early morning China time) saying he would follow up personally and update me. Cool.
I had also received a Trusty email ten minutes earlier stating that the XF was currently sold out, with QC pics of the same watch from ZF.
The 12 marker and the Tudor shield don’t exactly line up, but hey, it’s a rep and everything else looked good, and the process has been kind of a cluster, so I gave the GL. Now to wait for shipping info and all that comes after that. Fingers crossed.

Torky

27/5/20
Since I hadn’t received a tracking number yet, I emailed Andrew Sunday night (Monday morning there) to request a QC pic of the watch on the timegrapher. So, yesterday I received a full set of QC pics (there were only four in the first email last week). The timegrapher numbers looked good, but as I looked closely, I realized the watch in that pic wasn’t the Tudor, but a Rolex sub.
I emailed back, requesting a pic of the actual watch on the timegrapher and received those this morning. Unfortunately, the amplitude was 224. That, coupled with the slight misalignment of Tudor shield, caused me to RL and prolong this process.
I do commend Trusty for solid communication.

Torky

27/5/20
I did email back asking them to wind the watch fully and put it on again to see if that brings the reading up. They responded quickly saying they’ll check into it.

Torky

27/5/20
...and they responded quickly with a new timegrapher pic. Much better reading now. Excellent, actually. Green light!
Small hitch in that I had paid $40 for four extra links, but was told the factory now only sells the entire bracelet, at $70. No big deal, it is what it is, so have sent the extra $30 topoff via TransferWise. Hopefully that completes soon.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Man trusty is the best. I’ve used him and sead (supermirrors) who comes highly recommended also, but Andrew is just awesome! Every time I think he something is up or not going right or the way it should he he shows how much he cares and is trying his best.
he gets A TON of orders and emails especially right now, plus trying to figure out the best way to get them shipped to us and so forth.. so yeah, you get an obscure watch and it’s gonna take a minute..
but he’s gonna get it right! Always has for me!

Reactions: Torky

Torky

27/5/20
Thanks, man. I appreciate your insight. especially coming from another Strat player. I don't doubt that I'll eventually get what I ordered. My payment for the extra needed for the bracelet was confirmed Thursday, but no shipping info yet. It just seems that up to this point everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, and that may or may not be Andrew's fault. I'm just not sure at this point if I'll be back a second time. Guess we'll see how shipping goes and how the watch actually looks and runs when I get it.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Thanks, man. I appreciate your insight. especially coming from another Strat player. I don't doubt that I'll eventually get what I ordered. My payment for the extra needed for the bracelet was confirmed Thursday, but no shipping info yet. It just seems that up to this point everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, and that may or may not be Andrew's fault. I'm just not sure at this point if I'll be back a second time. Guess we'll see how shipping goes and how the watch actually looks and runs when I get it.

That’s how my first order was.. granted it was not to your extent, but I was getting a pretty common piece. But when it came to shipping, as it was in the middle of the initial Covid stuff (April) it was just a shit show, or really my impatience made it a shit show! But the one thing that was incredible through it all was Andrew! He would always answer my questions and make me feel better about why it was taking so dang long.

I really hope it all works out for you man.
not sure how yours is being shipped, but if it’s dhl, once it’s picked up, it’s lightning fast!

oh and always a strat! Pretty die hard about strats! N
Nothing else like it!

Reactions: Torky

Torky

27/5/20
Getting close! Received QC pics of the extra bracelet today. I chuckled, because I didn’t really expect pics just for that, but it’s a nice touch. It looked good, so I gave the green light and now await a tracking number and all the consternation that comes with it.

Last edited: