• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I'm Not Telling the Truth

IanWatch

Looking Around
30/6/20
I ordered my first replica watch from Andrew at Trusty Time - an Omega Seamaster “no time to die” edition from VSF v3.

The watch arrived today (after ordering roughly 3 months ago, but I can’t complain about that because of Covid-19) and the watch is faulty. The second hand stops in multiple places around the dial and the only way to get it moving again is to shake the watch.

I reported the problem to Andrew and he accepted no responsibility. He said that a test was carried out before shipping and that the watch was in good working order. I have sent him video evidence of the watch stopping in multiple places around the dial and he has continued to accept no responsibility and has now just stopped replying. This is clearly a failure by TrustyTime to conduct their testing properly.

As I said this is my first replica watch and I was really excited about it. Instead of enjoying my new watch, I’ve spent the whole day trying to get Andrew to acknowledge that the watch is faulty. What a waste of £500! I will never buy a replica again, back to old reliable Seikos for me.

Please don’t make the same mistake I did. It’s an awful feeling when you’ve been ripped off and can’t do anything about it.

Tl;dr Do not use TrustyTime, Andrew is dishonest and refuses to acknowledge that a watch he sold is faulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snorky1

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Firstly I'll warn you that when people join the forum purely to complain about a dealer or faulty watch it never goes down well so be prepared to be flamed.
i can understand your frustration so I'll try and be a bit helpful, when a watch arrives broken or faulty, it's advisable try and get it fixed locally rather than send it back to China for repair as this could take longer than you waited for the watch in the first place. I know this seems unfair but that's the way it is, your not buying from Amazon.

is the second hand stopping in exactly the same place or places everytime? If so it could be the hand has been dislodged slightly in transit and is now touching the crystal if pointing upwards or touching the hour markers if pointing down slightly. It could be a simple and cheap fix

Reactions: Westclan

manuelmay

6/12/18
Maybe you can let a watchmaker take a look, to see if is possible to fix the problem.
Anyway Andrew is a good one, i think he will reach you to find an agreement

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
To be fair, I've asked for it to be sent back and I will take care of it.

All watches are checked to ensure they are functioning prior to shipping. I do understand that sometimes things happen enroute so I provide repair service if it is sent back.

And I have never stopped replying any emails from anyone. Forum members can attest to the fact that all emails are answered within 24hrs.

Anyway, I've gotten in touch with you to resolve this and even to provide refund if it is sent back. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jaycfit

Horology Curious
16/4/20
Hmm....i understand your frustration with the issue in hand. But the watch was damaged during transit. That is no fault of Andrew or his team doing quality checks. Even gens come out the workshop and 2 weeks later theres an issue. Andrew is a well respected TD and he will come up with a solution which both parties can be happy with.

manuelmay

6/12/18
To be fair, I've asked for it to be sent back and I will take care of it.

All watches are checked to ensure they are functioning prior to shipping. I do understand that sometimes things happen enroute so I provide repair service if it is sent back.

And I have never stopped replying any emails from anyone. Forum members can attest to the fact that all emails are answered within 24hrs.

Anyway, I've gotten in touch with you to resolve this and even to provide refund if it is sent back. Thanks.

I can confirm anything. I'm experiencing some issues but Andrew is always ready to answer

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Bro, are you joining all of the forums just to slam Andrew? You posted on RG and were given sound advice as to how to proceed. Now you are here? Not cool!

Andrew has responded to your post and has offered to take it back. You need to acknowledge his professional response and move on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
joined June 2020, 1 post . hahahahaha

Don't know if you did business with the same Andrew as I do, but my Andrew emails me all the time if I have questions or complaints, he even wakes me up at night. The man never sleeps.

hhahahaha, go away dear OP

Reactions: mclarendude

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I've used Andrew for all my rep purchases and he's a respected TD and a stand up guy from what i can tell. Your crying isn't going to get your watch fixed any sooner. Take it to a watchsmith.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Bro, are you joining all of the forums just to slam Andrew? You posted on RG and were given sound advice as to how to proceed. Now you are here? Not cool!

Andrew has responded to your post and has offered to take it back. You need to acknowledge his professional response and move on!

He is so playing with fire bro...

Reactions: R2L

Westclan

Horology Curious
22/5/20
My experience of Andrew at Trusty Time has been excellent - great watches and service. I have purchased exactly the same watch from TT and it is excellent! See my review - 3rd watch from TT, 3rd great experience.

Watches are delicate things, a local watchsmith will sort out your problem quickly and cheaply. It has simply taken a knock in transit and it is not TT's fault. You should take advice before writing such rubbish in forums!

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
OP, it SUCKS to have a watch show up DOA or with some sort of damage/malfunction. Trusty is a TD here, which means that he have been vetted to the fullest extent. He has offered to fix the watch if you send it back. I would caution you against doing so though. It would be much wiser to find a watchsmith locally or on the forum to fix it. I bet Trusty would offer some sort of credit for the cost if you worked nicely with them. If not, you will just have to accept that there is nothing he can do about it. Often times no matter how well we pack something for shipping, the box is thrown around, kicked, dropped, etc. How is that his fault?

If I were you, I would take an approach that you catch more flies with honey and start over here. If you can't do that, open a help desk ticket and have the Mods assist you. The last thing you should have done is started this thread. I would seriously consider asking the Mods to delete it. If I was a TD and I saw this thread, I would never consider selling you a watch.

Good luck.

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
I have a nice Seiko for sale op if that helps....