• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Returns

Smokeman01

Horology Curious
28/3/20
I am hoping some one here can help me out. I have to return a watch back to TT for repair. The watch is shipping from the US back to China. Andrew's instructions specifically say NOT to use FEDEX, UPS, DHL, etc. The package needs to be sent "Registered Airmail" with tracking info. Would anyone here happen to know of a US-based carrier that provides that service or the equivalent? I see where USPS has registered international mail...…..but they do not provide continuous tracking - just delivery confirmation.

Any assistance is appreciated.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Hi can you let us know how this works out please?
I bought nearly 600 dollars' worth back in April which I received quickly but only a few months on, my Sea Dweller has developed a fault whereby I cannot manually advance the date wheel.
This is pretty disappointing considering I have only set the watch 5 or 6 times as I try to rotate between my growing collection.
Appreciate that any new purchase can develop a fault, and in such a complicated item I completely accept this is something that happens from time to time, now to test out the after sales service.
Fired off an email and awaiting TT response...

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
I am hoping some one here can help me out. I have to return a watch back to TT for repair. The watch is shipping from the US back to China. Andrew's instructions specifically say NOT to use FEDEX, UPS, DHL, etc. The package needs to be sent "Registered Airmail" with tracking info. Would anyone here happen to know of a US-based carrier that provides that service or the equivalent? I see where USPS has registered international mail...…..but they do not provide continuous tracking - just delivery confirmation.

Any assistance is appreciated.

whats the fault with the watch?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
With the current situation, assuming you are successful shipping it back to Andrew, you are looking at 4-6 weeks each direction plus however long it takes to fix it. If possible it's always better to deal with it locally. I appreciate with some of the new superclone movements parts are unavailable and this becomes a necessity but if you can avoid it, I would. Remember, you have no customs protection and if it gets lost in shipping or seized you're out of luck.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
I am researching the subject of returns, trying to find posts where members have started the returns process, and it's not looking good: pretty much as Rx4 said. Fortunately, mine is an intermittent datewheel not turning via the crown, so I may choose to live with it. Definitely worth finding out the full facts and what you may face worst case, and then making an informed decision as to which course of action to take. That way there'll be no whining later, upsetting our delicate apple cart with PayPal disputes etc. Always pays to be educated.

Last edited:

Smokeman01

Horology Curious
28/3/20
I would highly recommend that you adjust your taste in luxury/exotic watches and settle for a lesser/more reliable brand of watches such as Citizen. I ordered a V10 Noob Rolex Submariner from Trusty Time. The day I received it, I identified that the date function did not operate correctly (automatically or manually). I took a video and sent it to Andrew at Trusty Time. Andrew provided me with the information to return it back to the factory. I followed the instructions to the letter. That was 4 weeks ago. Now the package has mysteriously fallen off the face of the planet...now I am out $500. Trusty Time says they can't be responsible for lost packages during shipping - even though the only reason I returned it was because it was defective in the first place. I'll leave the hobby of replica watches to others.

Smokeman01

Horology Curious
28/3/20
It is also important to note that , since March, I have ordered 6 watchboxes. As of 6/23/2020 - I have only received 1. Stay away from Trusty Time despite the occasional positive review.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
I would highly recommend that you adjust your taste in luxury/exotic watches and settle for a lesser/more reliable brand of watches such as Citizen. I ordered a V10 Noob Rolex Submariner from Trusty Time. The day I received it, I identified that the date function did not operate correctly (automatically or manually). I took a video and sent it to Andrew at Trusty Time. Andrew provided me with the information to return it back to the factory. I followed the instructions to the letter. That was 4 weeks ago. Now the package has mysteriously fallen off the face of the planet...now I am out $500. Trusty Time says they can't be responsible for lost packages during shipping - even though the only reason I returned it was because it was defective in the first place. I'll leave the hobby of replica watches to others.

Buying a replica is like a luck of the draw. If you're unlucky, you can get a lemon. And when that happens, you gotta service it locally and spend the extra bucks. Sending back to China is the other option but bear in mind that shipping is totally on you, even the cost and customs. This is the way the replica hobby works, it is what it is. Don't even think of "after sales service". It doesn't exist in the rep world.

Reactions: Tucker

Smokeman01

Horology Curious
28/3/20
I get it........that's why I am kicking myself in the ass right now. And BTW....it's not just the after sales service you should be concerned about. You're lucky if your original order arrives in the first place. Basically, I am out $1000 and there is nothing I can do about it but to warn others to be very wary about who you purchase from....there are no guarantees that you will receive the merchandise that you have paid hundreds of dollars for. I have waited 5 months for some of merchandise that I have ordered. Every time that I inquire about the status of an order - I get the same reply.......COVID-19 has delayed the shipping. Even after an extended period of time - do not expect a refund -just another excuse.

To Andrew..........Many thanks to you and Trusty Time for the extremely disappointing experience of purchasing replica watches. I will lick my wounds and accept my losses. After all.......anyone can make a mistake - but it's a fool who makes the same mistake twice. It's my personal opinion that anyone that feels as comfortable screwing people over as much as I have been with Trusty Time - they shouldn't be in business. I know there are a lot of people out there that swear by Andrew....I'm glad your experience was positive -mine was not (and there are many others in the same boat). I feel compelled to inform those new to replicas that at best your success rate is 50/50 and after-sale support is non-existent.

From this day forth I'll be placing my efforts towards a much more credible hobby - GUNS!!!!

In closing - Be Safe and Be Aware!

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Hi Greg,

I believe the watch you sent back for repair is still in transit back to me. I will get it fixed once I receive it.

For the watch boxsets, all tracking has been provided as soon as I received them from the factory. The tracking shows that they are all in transit to you. Do understand that I have no control over the shipping timeline. I've always replied to all emails and ensured any issues will be resolved. While there are bound to be issues with rep from time to time, what I can assure members is that I will get it sorted out.

Smokeman01

Horology Curious
28/3/20
I understand that patience is a virtue.......but we’re talking 5 months!!!!! As they say on ESPN...........C’mon Man!!!! At this rate, it will be over a year before I can even entertain the idea of getting everything I paid for.

@Andrew..... I understand that you are only the “broker" and you have limited control over such things as product quality and shipping. And yes, you have responded to my questions that I have grown very tired of submitting (maybe that’s why I stopped asking them altogether). I don’t need a reminder on how to use a tracking system. By any other standard....waiting over 5 months is ridiculous. You are the face of this business and your the one I am going to point the finger at. When my vehicle doesn’t get serviced properly, I don’t go looking for the mechanic - I go straight to the Manager.

You say that issues will be resolved. I'd really like to know how you plan on doing that. Up to this point, your only response to my issues is giving me a tracking update which I am already well aware of before I even contact you. I can't even get a response from members on this forum on a timeline where one says "Enough is enough" Do I have to wait until I collect Social Security before I see a resolution to this problem? At this point, I need a solution. If you are not going to be a part of that - then your are part of the problem.

Until I receive my items, I reserve the right to be negative....and will continue to do so until you provide me with a resolution that makes some kind of sense.

To anyone who wants to troll me on this message....save you finger strength.....I don’t need an opinion on an issue that is clearly “wrong”. If you think that after spending $1000's and waiting over 5 months to receive what you paid for (if it ever is received) is OK....then you should probably stay out of this conversation. I can guarantee that we won't see eye-to-eye. I don't take kindly to those who mess with my hard-earned US dollar.

In the meantime, the best use that I can put that $1000 (that I am pretty sure is lost) to use, is to warn others the gamble they are taking when they enter into this market. Don't be surprised if you see this message again in the future. I will be cutting and pasting it into as many replies under "reviews" as I can whenever I am logged on to this site.

Be Safe
Be Aware

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
In the meantime, the best use that I can put that $1000 (that I am pretty sure is lost) to use, is to warn others the gamble they are taking when they enter into this market.

This would suggest that you yourself weren't aware of the gamble.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Appreciate your strength of feeling, we all can whole heartedly sympathise with you having potentially lost that much. The reply to my intermittent crown detachment issue was that with time it should improve and that was it. Having said that, I have tried to change advance the date wheel and so far it dies seem to be working, but that still doesn't put a shiny star on customer service. Hopefully you will get your goods in time, yes it will leave a bitter taste but its something we have to accept being a fringe hobby. All the best and thank you for your update.

Smokeman01

Horology Curious
28/3/20
I believe that when I use phrases such as "kick myself in the ass" and "only a fool makes the same mistake twice", that would indicate that I have given some reflection to my role in all of this. Call it a lack of knowledge...…….call it letting my ambition override common sense...……….call it a belief in an "old-fashioned" system where businesses honor their transactions even if it isn't 100% legitimate..

All it takes is a closer review of their return/warranty policy to realize that it is pretty much a "lose-lose" situation for the buyer. There are no clauses that specifically protect the buyer - only the seller which is the exact opposite of how a legitimate/reputable/ trustworthy business operates. You can't even exercise the warranty for a defective product without the fear of losing your entire investment. The only restitution that you may receive is the "promise" of getting the issue resolved.

An example of a good business transaction that didn't go as planned. I ordered 2 watch winders from eBay. The vendor informed me up front that shipping would more than likely be delayed since they were coming from China. I agreed. After 3 weeks, I contacted the vendor to inquire about the status...…….he gave me the FEDEX this and FEDEX that speech. He asked if I would give it one more week to allow for delivery to which I agreed. After 10 more days, I requested a refund and he quickly credited my PayPal account with the understanding that if the packages do eventually arrive, I will contact the vendor to coordinate return shipping. I have every intention of doing so if/when they arrive. Although this transaction didn't have the outcome I would have desired, I still look back favorably on it since both parties involved exercised integrity throughout the process.

I wouldn't say that I was unaware...….but if my lapse of good judgement can prevent someone from similar pitfalls, it will be worth the lessons I have learned and the losses I have incurred.

nissanskylinen1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/20
Some other guy had the same issue that you had - the problem being that his watchmaker who has experience with reps even told him to ship it back to TT to get it fixed. Here's the link to the post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/com...owledge_on_me/

Apparently your best bet is to just buy a new movement off Aliexpress and swap it in instead of shipping it back into the abyss

Last edited:

Smokeman01

Horology Curious
28/3/20
FOLLOW UP:

Well...…...after returning the watch to TT (China) on 6/6/2020.....it finally was delivered today (9/17/2020). I cannot fault/blame TT for the delay.....I shipped the watch using USPS International Priority Mail and it didn't even leave the US until the end of August.

If I have learned anything from this experience, it would be this: I should have just held on to the watch and had it repaired locally (US) by one of the many watchmakers listed on this site. I may have even been able to negotiate with TT to offset some of the repair costs since it arrived defective and I could provide the proof.

I also finally received all of the watchboxes that I ordered...……

So, although I wasn't very happy with the extended transit/waiting times......somethings are beyond our control. Andrew, as many people have stated on this site, did live up to his word and resolved all of this issues.

The watch still has to make it back to me...so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
FOLLOW UP:

Well...…...after returning the watch to TT (China) on 6/6/2020.....it finally was delivered today (9/17/2020). I cannot fault/blame TT for the delay.....I shipped the watch using USPS International Priority Mail and it didn't even leave the US until the end of August.

If I have learned anything from this experience, it would be this: I should have just held on to the watch and had it repaired locally (US) by one of the many watchmakers listed on this site. I may have even been able to negotiate with TT to offset some of the repair costs since it arrived defective and I could provide the proof.

I also finally received all of the watchboxes that I ordered...……

So, although I wasn't very happy with the extended transit/waiting times......somethings are beyond our control. Andrew, as many people have stated on this site, did live up to his word and resolved all of this issues.

The watch still has to make it back to me...so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Man you remind me of exactly how I was when I first ordered. I ordered from Andrew during the Pandemic and just lost my mind on how long it was taking...
I have since ordered numerous watches from him and all have been Awesome with even better communication/service and I can tell you from asking a lot of questions and having had shopping mishaps they deal with things to get the product to us that we have no idea about and frankly don’t need or have the right to know... What I and many others do know and as you now know, Andrew will always find a solution and handle it with pure class even when we are unable to!
there have been a couple of times he could have easily told me to fuck off and find someone else to deal with my impatience and constant curiosity! But he doesn’t, he thanks me for my business and continues to provide stellar service...
so, in terms of Andrew being reputable and acting with integrity to his customers, I give an A++.

I sent a Holzkern watch back from USA to Vienna Austria... it literally took 4 freaking months and I finally got my return back.. not even that “legitimate” watch company acted with as much class as Andrew!

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Man you remind me of exactly how I was when I first ordered. I ordered from Andrew during the Pandemic and just lost my mind on how long it was taking...
I have since ordered numerous watches from him and all have been Awesome with even better communication/service and I can tell you from asking a lot of questions and having had shopping mishaps they deal with things to get the product to us that we have no idea about and frankly don’t need or have the right to know... What I and many others do know and as you now know, Andrew will always find a solution and handle it with pure class even when we are unable to!
there have been a couple of times he could have easily told me to fuck off and find someone else to deal with my impatience and constant curiosity! But he doesn’t, he thanks me for my business and continues to provide stellar service...
so, in terms of Andrew being reputable and acting with integrity to his customers, I give an A++.

I sent a Holzkern watch back from USA to Vienna Austria... it literally took 4 freaking months and I finally got my return back.. not even that “legitimate” watch company acted with as much class as Andrew!

Thanks for your trust and support. There are indeed many things that goes on behind the scene which keeps me awake at night. I'm just trying my best so if there are instances where I fall short, do sound out as there will be times I may have over-looked some issues. Thanks again to all and have a great weekend. =)