• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Order Tag Heuer Monaco (TAG0336C - Tag Monaco Chronograph SS/LE Blue )

davson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/20
I have just placed an order on a Tag Heuer Monaco on Trusty with Andy (TAG0336C - Tag Monaco Chronograph SS/LE Blue ). The transfer was made today and I am waiting for the QC pictures now. Fingers crossed all goes well. I will keep you updated.

Reactions: BlackIceBob

BlackIceBob

24/1/14
I have just placed an order on a Tag Heuer Monaco on Trusty with Andy (TAG0336C - Tag Monaco Chronograph SS/LE Blue ). The transfer was made today and I am waiting for the QC pictures now. Fingers crossed all goes well. I will keep you updated.

Please post QC pics when you get them. This watch is on my wish list! ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davson

10/10/20
Just received QCs and I am a bit disappointed but maybe it's me. I find the quality of QCs not as good as before. The photos show differences from the Trustie site. The 5-minute markings should be red, see attached. Also on back of watch there is a spelling mistake it should read "anniversary". Also the overall quality seems much poorer than QC photos on their website, like the blue colour of the dial seems really lifeless compared to QCs on their site (maybe the photo is bad) and bracelet buckle seems like low quality steel compared to QC photos on their site.
ZcqItP.jpg
Zcq11Q.jpg
ZcqyHS.jpg
Zcq9ML.jpg
ZcqngR.jpg
ZcqrTK.jpg
Zcq8o8.jpg
Zcqt0v.png
ZcqlBj.png
ZcqQ51.png

Last edited:

davson

10/10/20
I have included a photo of QCs (to show the 5-minute markings as they should be in red)from their website and god the difference seems so obvious... Tell me what you think.

BlackIceBob

24/1/14
I have included a photo of QCs (to show the 5-minute markings as they should be in red)from their website and god the difference seems so obvious... Tell me what you think.

On Tag Heuer’s website, the Gulf model has the red dots while the blue dial version does not. I’ll try to post photos here….what do you know….Tag has two versions of the blue dial. One with red dots and one without! It’s like there is a red highlights version.
c6693a44e913ff96c1441f40d408aee7.jpg

59fa1911fc0171f73904e42715e0327a.jpg

93ad34556e58e31e38e34ca6c3928834.jpg

f828294ec597c22403f205e5cf186d6a.jpg

ff381b00c37076a66b5f4f921dd34d64.jpg

BlackIceBob

24/1/14
Sorry for the extra pics. There should have only been three photos—2 of the blue dial a d 1 of the Gulf special edition.

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Why do you care that much in a an obvious super fake watch … have you seen the “hidden” crown? Is it quartz, right?

Just enjoy it as it is … it won’t be better or close to Gen due to the movement.

davson

10/10/20
Look if it is to tell me to go gen thanks... Now I was just comparing to Trusty Time website QCs not to the gen...I am not that demanding... If you look at QCs on Trusty website the watch looks lovely, they even have a video https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=20657 and the QCs I received are definitely of much poorer quality with differences...Why bother put QCs and a video on trusty website for a particular watch if what you get is totally different. And I meant the small red line highlighting each 5-minute marking not the actual 5-minute marking. On this model with crown on the left (calibre 11) you have these red highlights but hey...again I was only comparing to the replica site I bought from not to a gen... So much so that Andy will check and come back to me on that.
If we order all the way from China surely we expect a good replica not a 50-euro fake bought on Marbella beach...I have ordered before reps and they were consistently similar to the QCs they had posted on site. That's why Trusty is also such a good site.

Last edited:

davson

10/10/20
BlackIceBob. This is the caliber 11 with crown on the left. and it is signed Heuer, Tag Heuer did a remake of this model (blue one) but crown was on the right and signed Tag Heuer. The dial was slightly different too but anyway as I said the QCs I received are of a different watch from the QCs they have on their site.

davson

10/10/20
asanibal. Well you should know that you showed me a remake of the original caliber 11 from Heuer. Yours (photo of watch on wrist) is a caliber 12 signed Tag Heuer and the crown is on the right. When we spend 200 dollars on a rep we can expect it to be good quality otherwise as I said before I can buy a bad rep for 50 dollars from the guy on the beach... And your "buy gen if you don't like" is a bit rich for a guy publishing on rep forums. Btw, just got a gen Seiko diver for about that price...

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
asanibal. Well you should know that you showed me a remake of the original caliber 11 from Heuer. Yours (photo of watch on wrist) is a caliber 12 signed Tag Heuer and the crown is on the right. When we spend 200 dollars on a rep we can expect it to be good quality otherwise as I said before I can buy a bad rep for 50 dollars from the guy on the beach... And your "buy gen if you don't like" is a bit rich for a guy publishing on rep forums. Btw, just got a gen Seiko diver for about that price...

What I mean is that this model (rep) I also own is a cheap rep … however you watch it, it is a 60€ Marbella’s watch.
I also do have 3 or 4 Tag Monaco (rep)
But if you think otherwise it is ook.

davson

10/10/20
Asanibal : What I mean is that this model (rep) I also own is a cheap rep … however you watch it, it is a 60€ Marbella’s watch.

Well Asanibal I am glad you agree with me on everything I said which is that the watch they are trying to send me is poor quality (and not the one they show on the QCs/video)and certainly not worth 200 dollars Post. included... Also I am not a picky person in general just that I think I can expect something close to the QCs they post on the website (also video) under this particular rep watch, otherwise the whole purpose of these QCs and videos is useless which I am sure you will agree on too. The more expensive Monaco reps are of the caliber 12 with crown on right and dial is not the simple original dial...and also as much as I find spending over 2,000€ on a gen stupid, I find spending close to 400/500 dollars on a rep equally stupid if not more... But then this is only my opinion and each to his own... Do you realise that if you have 4 reps of the good ones you could almost have a Monaco by Tag Heuer... I think they released one at 1,900€...

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Asanibal : What I mean is that this model (rep) I also own is a cheap rep … however you watch it, it is a 60€ Marbella’s watch.

Well Asanibal I am glad you agree with me on everything I said which is that the watch they are trying to send me is poor quality (and not the one they show on the QCs/video)and certainly not worth 200 dollars Post. included... Also I am not a picky person in general just that I think I can expect something close to the QCs they post on the website (also video) under this particular rep watch, otherwise the whole purpose of these QCs and videos is useless which I am sure you will agree on too. The more expensive Monaco reps are of the caliber 12 with crown on right and dial is not the simple original dial...and also as much as I find spending over 2,000€ on a gen stupid, I find spending close to 400/500 dollars on a rep equally stupid if not more... But then this is only my opinion and each to his own... Do you realise that if you have 4 reps of the good ones you could almost have a Monaco by Tag Heuer... I think they released one at 1,900€...

Total agree trusty seems to have send you the QCs of a watch that doesn't match to their site. Makes sense for you to question it. For me personally I can't stand the crown on the right side on the rep. Is definitely a good rep if you want to try out the watch as a square watch might take a bit of time to adjust when you probably had been wearing a round watch.

I am not sure where the 1900€ Monaco comes from, maybe you are referencing a non chrono version or the black dial version? As calibre 12 retails around £4k (not saying you should pay retail). If you buy a Monaco 2nd hand at a "fair" price you shouldn't lose money as it does have the Le Mans history with a bit of Steve McQueen if you get the calibre 11. Yeap, definitely realised when you bought a few reps it definitely amounts to a gen or gens, had a few franken noob daytona builds and I don't want to add them up.. Haha

Back to your comment, stupid gen owner here ;-)

Hope you enjoy your rep.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited: