• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time customer - VSF No Date got me.

DustinY

Known Member
4/5/18
Long time lurker, first time TT customer. Made sense and they were offering a discount for the VSF no date, couldn't resist. Already got a confirmation email, and personal email that i'll have QC whenever they receive. Hopefully these VSF are worth it - will update this thread as this progresses and I get the watch in hand.

Last edited:

DustinY

Known Member
4/5/18
QC received and GL - hopefully it ships fast and clears quick. Will update this.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
What I mean is, who gives a fuck what the TD says! Get the pics up!!!!

Reactions: Lariram

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
So, in the QC email - they said not to share them. Which is striking me as EXTREMELY SKETCHY (why would a trusted dealer want you not to share the QC pics)?

Maybe cause it's his income, it's illegal in the end, and he doesn't want to see his name in all forums in the world? It's a Standart phrase in TD mails, chill:)

Reactions: DustinY

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
As QCs are a general overlook at the watch, allowing to see major flaws, it's hard to tell about the details here. Still, the rehaut and insert look a tiny tad bit off but who said a rep is perfect?

It'll all be about having the watch in hands now, but it seems there's sharp dial and bezel, the insert seems really good (platinum and edges), nice case... I'll let the experts chime in but this VSF looks all right to me.

I wait for my QCs too, I'll feed the thread if something pops out.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
The crap quality of these "quality control" images really bugs me. Absolutely no reason why the photos can't be high res, clear, and properly exposed.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
The crap quality of these "quality control" images really bugs me. Absolutely no reason why the photos can't be high res, clear, and properly exposed.

Do you remember the days where QC pictures werent standart? Be kind of little thankful, would be nice.
Just keep in mind QC pictures are not a microscope. They are to make sure of scratches, missalignements in mm-space (not micrometer, milimeter;)) and check if its the correct model.
No hate against you, just my opinion.
Andrew makes great, useful pictures.
Maybe you could ask him if he makes high end HDR 200kpixel 200000lumen pictures for you ig you give im a tip. (just kidding;))

Reactions: kaamoss

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Do you remember the days where QC pictures werent standart? Be kind of little thankful, would be nice.
Just keep in mind QC pictures are not a microscope. They are to make sure of scratches, missalignements in mm-space (not micrometer, milimeter;)) and check if its the correct model.
No hate against you, just my opinion.
Andrew makes great, useful pictures.
Maybe you could ask him if he makes high end HDR 200kpixel 200000lumen pictures for you ig you give im a tip. (just kidding;))

Fair point mate. I could have worded that better.

I do know what QC pics are for and I wish they were clearer. It can be a bit if a gamble sometimes, not being able to clearly see what you're checking the quality of.

I've bought a few watches from Andrew, as well as other TDs. And I've asked Andrew for clearer pics in the past, too. Never 200k pixel though. Good tip :)

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Fair point mate. I could have worded that better.

I do know what QC pics are for and I wish they were clearer. It can be a bit if a gamble sometimes, not being able to clearly see what you're checking the quality of.

I've bought a few watches from Andrew, as well as other TDs. And I've asked Andrew for clearer pics in the past, too. Never 200k pixel though. Good tip

I also understand your point of the gamble - but thats Replica game. for 100 you gamble in 2-3milimeters, for 500 you gamble in 0.5-1mm, and for 20k you gamble in 0.002 mm;)

DustinY

Known Member
4/5/18
Received, Andrew took very good care of me. Rehaut is slightly misaligned, but the quality is so immense it doesn't bug me a bit.

ZVH7Ps.jpg