• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Order with Trusty Time and Andrew

rwsnc1

Horology Curious
21/2/21
I ordered a Daytona from Trusty Time back during CNY. My watch was supposed to be delivered, no later than March 20. It's not here yet. DHL points to the USPS and they, in turn, are stating that they don't have it. It is my understanding that DHL Ecommerce, ships in bulk where it is delivered to a USPS processing center where it gets sorted and forwarded to a post office, then on to me.

My question is.... Can I expect a replacement from Andrew or will I be "eating" the loss?

Oh yes and by the way, this is my first post to this forum, so "Hello" to everyone.

rwsnc1

Horology Curious
21/2/21
OK.... I'm an impatient SOB..... it came today. My sincere apologies to Andrew for doubting him and/or the "system". In my defense, most of my internet orders are via Amazon Prime, Order today and get it tomorrow or the next day. Lesson learned, Experience gained. I will be ordering from Trusty Time again in the near future. One more time, I apologize to Andrew and thank him for his patience with my impatience. By the way, beautiful Rolex Daytona.

Reactions: porschelover199

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
No worries, just need to keep in mind that patience is required for rep orders =p

rwsnc1

Horology Curious
21/2/21
I've had my fine looking Daytona for a couple hours and there are two "issues" that I have noticed. The first is the QC pictures showed a hallmark on the left side of the watch case. The one I received does not have the hallmark. Not a major issue since other Daytonas don't seem to show a hallmark either, however, it now opens a little doubt as to the whole QC process and the fact that the QC pics are suppose to be my actual watch. The second, and more serious issue is the lack of a hacking feature. When I pull the crown all the way out, it doesn't hack. Not sure what to do about this at this time.

ZMCoupe

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/3/21
The “hallmark feature” is the the little QR code you see in your pics? That would have been on one of the tiny plastic protective stickers that you probably pulled off, it is not in the watch.

The Hacking - when you pull the Crown out all the way - to set time position - does the second hand stop? If yes then it’s working.

Reactions: Siege79

rwsnc1

Horology Curious
21/2/21
No ... This hack function isn't working .. I sent it back for repair, as instructed, on March 27. It is still in the US as of today. Hopefully I'll get it back in a month or so.

rwsnc1

Horology Curious
21/2/21
It looks like there were two UNSUCCESSFUL attempts, for my watch to be delivered to the repair person in China. How many unsuccessful attempts will be made before it will be returned to me?

Reactions: porschelover199

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
I ordered a Daytona from Trusty Time back during CNY. My watch was supposed to be delivered, no later than March 20. It's not here yet. DHL points to the USPS and they, in turn, are stating that they don't have it. It is my understanding that DHL Ecommerce, ships in bulk where it is delivered to a USPS processing center where it gets sorted and forwarded to a post office, then on to me.

My question is.... Can I expect a replacement from Andrew or will I be "eating" the loss?

Oh yes and by the way, this is my first post to this forum, so "Hello" to everyone.
How did u contact Andrew? What's his username here? I wonder if they take PayPal and orders without using their website?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

rwsnc1

Horology Curious
21/2/21
How did u contact Andrew? What's his username here? I wonder if they take PayPal and orders without using their website?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I contacted him via email... My defective Daytona has been held at their post office... Still waiting for his repairman to pick up, repair, and return my watch.