• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Triangle after Brexit

painterkev

Looking Around
8/1/21
I used shipping via UK to Ireland which arrived in UK around Jan 6th(had tracking number). It was then forwarded by Royal Mail and was given second number by Andrew. Arrived with no trouble with customs.

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
Absolutely right. Any shipment from UK has to have a customs declaration (form CN22) showing description of content and value. If marked as a "Gift" and value below 45 Euros there is no customs duty payable in Germany however this does not automatically mean the friendly customs officer in Germany will not seize it, send you a letter to come to their office and open it in his presence.

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
From my experience the probability, that the so called “gift trick” does work for German customs, tends towards zero.

Exactly. And if it is not marked as "Gift" then the maximum value without incurring customs duty is 22 Euros.
Incidentally the word "Gift" in German means "Poison" so who knows how the German customs will react.........

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
From my experience the probability, that the so called “gift trick” does work for German customs, tends towards zero.

It's the other way around. Parcels marked with "gift" are checked 100%. ;)

Last edited:

YesboY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/16
Trusty did a triangle shipping to Luxembourg then to France for my order. It might be the new solution ?

Lovegmt73

7/3/20
Hello, what about second hand watches from UK?
Could be passed like watch to be repaired or repaired with a bill for maintenance of 20 eur for example?
Or better to pay something, for example declare second hand not working and give 49 eur value and pay something for duties? This could save us?
Kind regards

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
Hello, what about second hand watches from UK?
Could be passed like watch to be repaired or repaired with a bill for maintenance of 20 eur for example?
Or better to pay something, for example declare second hand not working and give 49 eur value and pay something for duties? This could save us?
Kind regards

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

This is the Topic about shipping fromTD Trustytime. Your question is posted in the wrong section.

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
trustytime The triangle shipping via uk worked as good as before brexit. It took a few days longer than 4px. I ordered on puretime the same day and it was three days faster. But the service from Andrew was perfect.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
The TD’s will soon work out the best way to get you EU guys your watches, it’s in their interest. They are the ones that lose out when they have to re send any confiscated watches.

I’ve just had a watched returned from Interaktiv in Greece and it appears to have flown through UK customs. (DHL Express)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk