• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Issue with trustytime

20onmywrist

Horology Curious
11/6/18
So it’s been a while since I have posted anything but I have been steadily purchasing reps and a few gens. I always have purchased my replicas from trusty time as I am always happy with Andrew’s response times. Recently, I purchased a rolex explorer 2 replica from Andrew and everything went as usual and expected up until I received the watch.

before I go any for their, know that qc pics sometimes do not show everything, like smudges or finger prints on the hands and the dial, which is what happened to me. These are things that we rely on Andrew to see so we can be sure to get a decent watch when we are spending 500$ for a replica.

I asked Andrew about it when I received it and told him since I purchase so many watches from him, if this time he would get another from the factory and send it to me since it’s their mess up and then I would send the one that’s bad back. Keep in mind Chinese New Year is right around the corner so it may be March before I get what I paid for if I do it his way and send the bad watch back then wait, and wait, and wait to get the new watch I paid for in December back. Andrew refused.

I feel like it’s only fair in good business that Andrew just ask for a replacement from the factory and send a new one out ASAP in good faith knowing I purchase many watches given the circumstances.

I know some of you will say it’s a replica, be patient yada, yada but I am always patient and I have even had issues with 2 other watches I purchased last year and never said anything, but this is the third watch and something that I feel should never have been sent out because it’s something you have to see with your actual eyes, and it’s bad finger smudges everywhere.

again I’m not a first timer, I own 7 reps and 3 gens, I’m just asking to not have to wait until March to get what I paid for.

Reactions: Thomastime

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
I do hope you understand that factory wont give me a new piece without me showing them the faulty piece. All I ask is for the faulty one to be returned and I will resolve it for you.

Reactions: Starry Night

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I asked Andrew about it when I received it and told him since I purchase so many watches from him, if this time he would get another from the factory and send it to me since it’s their mess up and then I would send the one that’s bad back. Keep in mind Chinese New Year is right around the corner so it may be March before I get what I paid for if I do it his way and send the bad watch back then wait, and wait, and wait to get the new watch I paid for in December back. Andrew refused.

I feel like it’s only fair in good business that Andrew just ask for a replacement from the factory and send a new one out ASAP in good faith knowing I purchase many watches given the circumstances.

Completely unreasonable request on your part.

Return the watch you don't want, wait for a replacement.

Reactions: kavorca1

20onmywrist

Horology Curious
11/6/18
When you purchase 4 watches a year I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all. It’s simple, take care of your customers, especially ones that purchase from you as much as I do.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
When you purchase 4 watches a year I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all. It’s simple, take care of your customers, especially ones that purchase from you as much as I do.

It is unreasonable. You would be shocked at the number of scams that various buyers try to pull on these TDs, and I am not talking about just first time buyers. Four watches a year is actually an extremely low number of watches. If you were buying 40 a year it might be a little different. It sounds like you have a nice collection of watches you can wear while the watch is being replaced. Mail the watch to Andrew first if you want it replaced or just keep it and enjoy it.
Please post a picture of the issue. You have Staff permission to do so.

Reactions: Space Taco

pt98765

9/4/20
UK

As a side note, 4 reps a year is not heavyweight around here and doesn't give you any special privileges. I would also point out that it would be far less hassle for you to send to a local watchmaker to resolve.

But more to the point, asking for a replacement item without returning the one you're complaining about is wholly unreasonable and I'm sure many scams have started out the same way.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
4 watches a year is nothing. I know it is something to you, and to most people 500 a rep is somewhat costly and significant, and one every 3 months may seem like a lot, but no it isnt. Since I started buying reps via TDs, 3 months ago, I bought 6 reps, thats 24 reps a year, and I do not expect any special service at all. I think only business arrangements may get the level of service you believe you deserve, maybe 100 reps a month. Trusty does great and reliable standard service, and returning something for a replacement is very standard. If you dont wanna wait, you can just buy another one now, it ships to you now, and when Trusty gets the return, you can then use that money for your next rep, which if you say will be in march, that would be perfect timing since you said 4 reps a year! HA HA HA

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
4 watches in one year?!! How dare he not hand deliver you a perfect 1:1 AAA+ Swiss made flawless replacement replica to your doorstep asap. Shame on you Andrew. :shameonyou:

BlakeMcJake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
Might I suggest putting up the money as collateral in the meantime? Then when they receive the old watch, you’re simply refunded the money?

Unfortunately, if you were to rip him off, or let’s say the factory refused to switch it out and you then refused to return the new watch, that pretty much negates anything he’s made off the prior four watches.

Don’t take it personally, I’ve had customers for years, who I thought were good friends, rip me off with credit card and PayPal disputes they straight up lied on. There’s just too many variables that if you give in on every customer, it’s death by a thousand paper cuts.

Reactions: YellowFin

rek00001

Known Member
24/4/13
I think it wold be easier to take it to a watch smith, have it cleaned up nicely, and work something out with Andrew for discount, maybe.

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
4 watches in one year?!! How dare he not hand deliver you a perfect 1:1 AAA+ Swiss made flawless replacement replica to your doorstep asap. Shame on you Andrew. :shameonyou:

:picard2:

Reactions: Ecy

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Might I suggest putting up the money as collateral in the meantime? Then when they receive the old watch, you’re simply refunded the money?

The problem is that he doesn't want to send the watch back to Andrew. Sounds reasonable, huh? :)

Reactions: YellowFin

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
First thing that came to mind for me is what one of the last people said..
if it mattered that much to me, I’d just buy another one as long as Andrew agreed he’d refund the original when it made it back safely...
If he said no, then I’d do the absolute easiest thing and just remove the dial and clean it..
im a total spaz and am capable of cleaning a dial/hands.. hands are a little tougher, but you could do it...

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
ooo which 6 did you get, and why did you choose those 6 ?

I got a daydate with the turquoise blue dial because I bought myself earrings and a bracelet set with stones that match the color.
Got the black ap 15400 that released because I watch to much MAD Paris :D
A 1887 tag Heuer chronograph from another member skeleton and ceramic on the rubber band because it is very sporty.
The omega world timer with the little world in the middle because it looks nice :D
A gmf silver diamond stick dial because I think it would look great with a white rubber b band.
And a White sang Bleu from tmf. I already own a black one and do not have a single full white watch in my collection.

Don't ask why I bought them I could not tell you :D
Maybe the lockdown is getting to my head.
But I'm also selling one of my watches currently :D
​​

BlakeMcJake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
Don't ask why I bought them I could not tell you :D
Maybe the lockdown is getting to my head.
​​

Tell me about it! I think it's too much time sitting at the home office desk looking at my wrists. Must... stop... buying... watches...