• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first ever order, for my dad. Excited!

valerio9944

Horology Curious
28/7/20
Hi guys... Just placed my first ever Rep order with trustytime. I love watches, i have a gen speedy, a couple orients and an skx007. I always thought to pull the trigger on reps as I did a lot of research about them but never came around to it as the watches i own are enough.

The watch i am buying is the Submariner 116613LN 904L YG/SS Black ARF V3 SH3135 and I will keep you posted with all my updates and eventual reviews. I just placed the order and selected Transferwise so I am awaiting for email instructions.

This is a very special watch for me. My father has a 11613 (it is very old) that he loved and cherished his whole life, he bought it as a young man after his first big work accomplishment and hasn't taken it off since. I used to play with it as a kid by spinning the bezel while he watched TV. He travelled with it, did hard manual labour, everything he did in the past 30 plus years was with his sub on. He adores his watch.

Unfortunately he was recently diagnosed with dementia at 57. Things quickly get worse, and he keeps losing things, and I'm sure his watch could be next. Or that he could be a target of a mugging. But he just won't take it off and I dont blame him and I dont want to force him to do something he doesnt. But just in case and to be safe I thought to look for a rep that is of the best possible quality, so that he can thoroughly enjoy it with all safety and without me being afraid to lose it, and without him having to be too distressed if he does as I will tell him it is ok. It's time for servicing his watch so I asked if he wanted a new bracelet and for it to be all "new and polished", and he agreed in an excited manner.

I hope that he will be able to enjoy this rep for as long as possible.

Thanks in advance TrustyTime.

- valerio

Edit: 19.37 GMT - Payment sent. Email instructions came basically instantly. Awaiting for next step.
Edit 6 Aug: Seller confirmed payment received, waiting for QC.

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
My best wishes to you and your dad, my mum has dementia and was diagnosed 12 years ago at the age of 71 I've been her full time carer for the last 3 years. It's a horrible disease that's just as difficult for the family to deal with as the sufferer themselves, stay strong! I hope your dad enjoys the watch

valerio9944

Horology Curious
28/7/20
tthanks for your kind words! the watch arrived and its perfect. he is very much enjoying it!