• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Timer Here - Bad Experience with Trusty Time Tudor Sub Purchase

milescasanova

Looking Around
25/6/20
Ordered a JKF Tudor Sub No Date on June 15 from Trusty Time after doing some research on the forums. Didn't know what to expect but from what I read up on, people have a generally great experience from Andrew so I was looking forward to the experience. QC pics seemed fine so I went ahead with the order. Because of COVID, shipping took almost 3-4 weeks. Once the watch arrived, I was excited to see how my first rep would be...

Unfortunately, once I opened to package, I found the bezel was completely loose making it unusable and the crown doesn't even let me adjust the time! I can overlook the bezel action, but the fact that I can't even adjust the time on this thing is insane. Andrew replied to my email saying they tested the watch before sending but that doesn't seem to be the case. At first, Andrew said to get the watch serviced at a local shop or send it back for repair. I requested a partial refund to which Andrew has thankfully complied to.

Overall, my first rep experience has been horrible and I'm down 200+ dollars.
Guess that's just part of the rep game...

I want to be clear that I'm not trying to slander Andrew but just giving you my honest review and experience. If you have any suggestions on what I can do moving forward, what I should've looked out for, or what I should do with this rep I'm open to suggestions.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I wish I could find the link that shows what packages go through. I 100% believe Trusty Time checked your watch and was in Good working order before shipping. Unfortunately some of the people that handle the packages are very irresponsible and careless and may have damaged your watch. My advice would be to take it to your local watchsmith for repairs and show Andrew the receipt. He may give you a good discount on future purchase for your troubles.

brycrob

Known Member
26/10/19
I agree that Andrew will help. However, most of the dealers (not sure this is the case) I’ve seen do not package the watches very well. They wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in a small box but I’ve never seen a watch case or anything unless you purchase one. Sounds like the newb was a victim of bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
It was damaged in transit and he gave you a partial refund...sounds ok to me! Btw there are reasons why the watches are packed quite inconspicuously and not with fancy watch boxes...

Reactions: mclarendude