• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Issues with Trusty Time

TimeForHeroes

Looking Around
28/6/20
Hello all. First post here. Please go easy on me.

Chose Andrew at Trusty for a couple of purchases. I had heard good things. Unfortunately had a bad experience with a purchase of a Breitling Chronomat B01 SS in blue.
My first purchase from Trusty was a simple Colt which came through quickly and passed with flying colours. I felt good about going back with a further purchase for something a little more complicated - such as a chronograph and perhaps a SS bracelet rather than a leather band.

It arrived quickly I’ll give Andrew that. However the watch was a disaster.

Firstly, the chronograph pushers were flimsy. Secondly, the chronograph and fly back is completed dead. The pushers do not engage any movement. There is a running seconds hand but the watch has this obvious flaw with the movement.

Finally, the bracelet is mostly junk. When removing the decorative screws to expose the bracelet pins it is apparent that they are the wrong size and/or glued or completely fixed in place. An experienced watch handler spend a lot of time with various different tools to try and release some links but it won’t budge.

Now in fairness, Andrew gave me a little discount on a further purchase to sweeten then fact that I was going to have to send the Chronomat off for a service to try and get it up and running (at my own expense). However, the watch is beyond repair according to the service centre and it is a matter of time before it dies. It is not worth the hassle of sending back overseas.

I’ve emailed Trusty 3 times today but with no reply.

Coming here as a last resort and I have spent a lot of money on this negative experience.

Andrew - if your out there - please do the right thing and contact me ASAP.

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
I have already replied you via email.

If there is an issue with the watch, you can send it back in to get it serviced and repaired.

I have also extended a discount for another order for you.

You have emailed me 3 times, in less than 12 hours and posted here.

Please understand that I have many emails, orders and QC to attend to and do give me time to reply to you. I always get back to emails usually within 12-24hrs.

Thanks

Reactions: TimeForHeroes

TimeForHeroes

Looking Around
28/6/20
Andrew has kindly reached out by email and offered further solutions.

I would like to thank him for doing that. I accept that he has been busy. I will now give Andrew an opportunity to correct this matter privately.

Thanks again Andrew.