• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Time Buyer :: Long Time Lurker

HackedyHack

Horology Curious
14/1/19
After lots of research and RWI lurking I decided to pull the trigger today with trustytime and purchased the Daytona 116500LN CER/SS/SS White ARF V2 A4130 ... I am in Canada and will post updates on this process ... My only initial comment on payment would be I was surprised and disappointed in paying a $50USD premium bank charge on my credit card for the transaction. Hopefully it will all be worthwhile!:calm:​​​​​​​

datguyoverthere

Looking Around
8/7/20
Adam,

Can you pm details of which guide you used to make your first purchase? Im interested but am lost with all the different guides available.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Just go to the trusted dealers section, find the watch you like, read the TD reviews both good and bad, then go to search engine and type in the watch you chose. You should get alot of members opinions on there...., but before you ask....No there is no perfect rep but you might find one that's perfect for you. So read what other have to say (many here are very knowledgeable about reps) and use your own judgement when finally pulling the trigger. Good luck and enjoy your journey

HackedyHack

Horology Curious
14/1/19
I received the watch yesterday ... There doesn't seem to be the crown etching that is supposed to be on the ARF V2 ... I have emailed trustytime to see if thee was an error.

HackedyHack

Horology Curious
14/1/19
The response I got from trustytime was "The etching is usually very difficult to spot. You need to look at it from different angles. " ... I have spent tons of time looking at every angle imaginable under a light to no avail .... I am concerned as $750 Cdn is a lot a money to spend if this is not what I paid for.

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Have explained to you how to see the etching via email. Very difficult to notice using naked eyes so if you have a 10x loupe, will make it a lot easier. Thanks

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
@[email protected]

First of all, very hazardous to use your email as your username, that opens up to spam etc.

Secondly, you paid all that money just for the laser etching?

I just bought an ARF V3 SD and I can barely see mine unless I flash a light straight at it with a loupe, as per genuine Rolex.

As Andrew has told you, it is very difficult to see. They have gotten that good. If you could be able to see under the naked eye, it would not be close to genuine.

Last edited:

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
It's true, gen etching is very difficult to see almost impossible with naked eye, so take a pic with,ur phone then zoom in as much,as poss. I'm sure its there. The problem is when you can see it with naked eye, then you complain cause that would be. Dead giveaway of rep.

HackedyHack

Horology Curious
14/1/19
UPDATE ... Although this watch looks awesome it does not keep time I am exceptionally disappointed ... I have put it in my watch winder and it does not keep time. I reached out to @trustytime and was so disappointed and annoyed but the response which was ... it worked when we sent it to you and for $100USD you can send to us to fix ... WTF???? Sending me a QC pic which BTW does not show the time piece's ability to keep a charge in its movement is ridiculous. Buyer beware as this is a complete and utter joke!!!! I am beyond furious:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: