• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Trusty Time Order

JSK-Tech

Horology Curious
11/1/22
I just paid for my first trusty time order yesterday.
Ordered:
Rolex Daytona YG case with meteorite face
Rolex Skydweller RG, gray face. Oyster band, but I will probably change it to a dark brown sharkskin or something else as I don't like metal bands.
Perrelet Turbine SS

Paying was a nightmare. Citi and Amex sent fraud alerts. Citi would not reactivate my account as they wanted multiple phone numbers and I only have one. That was over 3 hours on the phone with them fighting. Amex put a hold on my card and was able to get that resolved.

Next my bank refused to do the wire transfer as they needed Trusty's physical address in addition to the bank address. Plus they wanted $150 for an international wire transfer.

Ended up signing up for Wize and doing it that way. We'll see how the QA pics look and when I get response everything went through. Hopefully no more headaches.

Reactions: 40mm

40mm

19/10/21
GreatWhiteNorth
Trusty Time is a good choice. I have successfully ordered more watches from them than I can remember.
As you eventually found out, buying counterfeit items through banks and bank credit cards is not a good idea.
Wise.com is a much safer way to pay by credit card or direct debit from your bank account.

I typically buy one watch at a time. Buying 3 at once could be huge financial loss if they are seized by customs.

Best of luck with your order. Please keep us up to date on your progress, and welcome to the forum!

JSK-Tech

Horology Curious
11/1/22
First time buying any reps.

My banks are difficult with all international purchases, with my personal bank more so than the credit cards, as I regularly buy things overseas for my tech business. Hoping everything goes okay. I don't know how customs is on watches but I've been buying cigars from overseas for the last 15 years and no problems as of yet. I would imagine the seller would declare them as "movie props" or something of that nature.

Last edited:

JSK-Tech

Horology Curious
11/1/22
Just got my QC pics of the skydweller yesterday. Looks gtg.
Still waiting on Daytona and Turbine.

pilotsierra

Horology Curious
27/1/22
Hi everyone! I'm new there and on the replicas watches. I was talking with Andrew from TT about Rolex Air King. The problem is that I'm afraid because I live in Spain and last time that i ordered something from Asia the item was stopped at customs. Can anybody help my with that? It is completely sure to buy on TT and that my item will not be stopped by customs? Thanks!

J_rwi

21/2/21
Canada
Hi everyone! I'm new there and on the replicas watches. I was talking with Andrew from TT about Rolex Air King. The problem is that I'm afraid because I live in Spain and last time that i ordered something from Asia the item was stopped at customs. Can anybody help my with that? It is completely sure to buy on TT and that my item will not be stopped by customs? Thanks!

Like many other TD purchases. International shipping is always a risk. Rest assure Trustytime will do their best to get your product. As always best to consult with them directly and make sure you contact the proper Trustytime. I'll say that again make sure you order from the Trustytime listed on RWI as there as many websites that imitate the TD. Good luck.

pilotsierra

Horology Curious
27/1/22
Like many other TD purchases. International shipping is always a risk. Rest assure Trustytime will do their best to get your product. As always best to consult with them directly and make sure you contact the proper Trustytime. I'll say that again make sure you order from the Trustytime listed on RWI as there as many websites that imitate the TD. Good luck.

Thanks! The real Trusty Time web is www.trustytimewatch.io is't it? And have you bought recently from TT?

JSK-Tech

Horology Curious
11/1/22
DHL is still showing that it is waiting on the product, after 9 days of having the tracking number...

PHutch

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/1/20
it's chinese new year. you can add a month on tops

JSK-Tech

Horology Curious
11/1/22
51872612564_8cde125ba6_c.jpg

51872613849_b536995f06_c.jpg

51871332772_79033b49c6_c.jpg

51872613384_db6538c354_c.jpg

Since I don't like metal straps very much, I bought a horn back crocodile strap for the sky dweller. I think it looks a lot better on there.

The daytona seems small to me. Maybe I am just used to a bigger watch, as I have a very similar looking lucien piccard that I got used to.

The Perrelet is awesome. I love the concept with the spinning turbine. When I wear it I think I will admire it each time. It is the largest of the three and a fairly heavy watch, and also by far the cheapest of the three but I really like that one.

Last edited:

JSK-Tech

Horology Curious
11/1/22
So as a follow up after spending more time with it, the meteorite face sucks. Its printed, very gray, does not have any luminosity like the original, most of the writing is not very legible, you cannot really see the words "Daytona" These details are very hard to pinpoint even in the QC pics.

pwg32

Paranoid Working Gorrilla
22/2/15
PA
is that really Trusty's Fault or the Rep? These are reps not gen, and when you go with some of the the more wild combinations like meteorite dials there is a higher degree of deviations. I bought one of the DiW ones and its no VSF, but it was expected....

Reactions: Nono92

Jayk44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/20
France
Good ! TTime is realy a good TD, btw you can pay by Credit cards or paypal ;)

JSK-Tech

Horology Curious
11/1/22
is that really Trusty's Fault or the Rep? These are reps not gen, and when you go with some of the the more wild combinations like meteorite dials there is a higher degree of deviations. I bought one of the DiW ones and its no VSF, but it was expected....

Absolutely not Trusty's fault. Its on the factory. after wearing it in the office, its growing on me, so... we'll see. Tomorrow I'll rock the Perrelet. I'm thinking about pulling off the bezel on the sky dweller as its very loose and I keep changing the "month" accidentally. I believe i just need to tighten the snap rings.

I'm also thinking about getting a custom band made for the skydweller. I do like designer goods and one of my favorite brands is Etro. I want to get a custom strap made in the red/brown paisley pattern for the SD.

Next I'm really thinking about the Omega Deville Tourbillion and a hublot fuente edition. I think this will become an addiction of mine. I have a winder on the way as well.