• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Horrible Experience with Trusty Time. BEWARE!

Firedude2020

Horology Curious
25/11/21
I read so many great things about Andrew and I was referee to him by so many people, so I decided to bite the bullet and I Picked up a Sky Dweller on August 22nd 2021 which worked great for a full 2 days. After that it was completely dead. Andrew said for me to return the watch (cost me $150 to return it), and it's been almost 2 months it still says “held at customs”. I've asked Andrew many times to contact customs but he's refused. So basically I'm out $400 for the watch and $150 for returning this watch and still NO watch.

By far the worst experience I have ever had. I purchased another watch from another reputable source and the watch arrived in 2 weeks and works flawlessly.

This so called trusty time isn't very trusty at all.

Andrew if you see this it's order #195082. Completely disappointed.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
You NEVER send a highly illegal item that miraculously made it without problems from the Fascist Republic of China to your house back to where it came from. For $150, you probably could have sent the watch to a local watchmaker and have it fully serviced and or repaired. You'll never see that watch back, and it's truly not anybody's fault but yours. Live to learn . . . .

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
As I expected, many fan boy comments here. Was this thread only for all the positive reviews?

first; If you expected it why did you make the post? Second; if you spent some time reading in the new member section you would have learned what is best to do with a d.o.a. Watch. Third; you can’t get help from mods if you purchased before joining the forum. You could have avoided your headache if you read up on the many threads instead of complaining about a TD

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Dude we bash to teach the new members whos 1st post will be NEVER BUY FROM (INSERT TD) BEWARE post again and again and again. And sadly most are "my fake watch stopped working so I sent my illegal watch back to them", like its a legal Amazon item. Just understand its a hard lesson you learned. Its not Trustys fault your watch stopped after 2 days. Unless you payd for his Watch Servicing and Waterproofing. But even then I would never send it back to China ever. Your watch had to risk a lot to come to your door and you decided to try that risk again. But we bash because we want other to learn as many of us did by reading the rules and posts from others like you. So the only thing you can do is wait and wait and wait because there is a chance Trusty may get your watch but even if he gets it and sends you a replacement or fixes the issue you still now for the 3rd time risk getting your watch confiscated before it comes to you. So its on you sadly. These watches can have a small hair fragment that gets stuck in the movement and can stop it from working, something that can happen through shipping because your watch box gets tosses constantly around. So sorry you are out $550 but could be worse. So learn, read, and next time dont send a watch back EVER.

Reactions: kavorca1 and j21

Firedude2020

Horology Curious
25/11/21
Dude we bash to teach the new members whos 1st post will be NEVER BUY FROM (INSERT TD) BEWARE post again and again and again. And sadly most are "my fake watch stopped working so I sent my illegal watch back to them", like its a legal Amazon item. Just understand its a hard lesson you learned. Its not Trustys fault your watch stopped after 2 days. Unless you payd for his Watch Servicing and Waterproofing. But even then I would never send it back to China ever. Your watch had to risk a lot to come to your door and you decided to try that risk again. But we bash because we want other to learn as many of us did by reading the rules and posts from others like you. So the only thing you can do is wait and wait and wait because there is a chance Trusty may get your watch but even if he gets it and sends you a replacement or fixes the issue you still now for the 3rd time risk getting your watch confiscated before it comes to you. So its on you sadly. These watches can have a small hair fragment that gets stuck in the movement and can stop it from working, something that can happen through shipping because your watch box gets tosses constantly around. So sorry you are out $550 but could be worse. So learn, read, and next time dont send a watch back EVER.

Yes I totally get it. Another long “live and learn story”. Let’s not excuse everyone’s fan favourite of Andy from Trusty Time irresponsible response of telling me to send it back. Only now that I’ve made some noise, he mentioned we could’ve sent replacement parts, but this was never mentioned in the previous 25 emails we went back and forth on. Yes it took 2 months and 25 emails before I said enough is enough. So don’t @ me for calling a spade a spade. Had I made the decision to send the watch vs another known option at the time, I would solely own it all. But hey “You live and learn”……Never buy from Trusty unless you want to learn a lesson.

Reactions: Roy69

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Yes I totally get it. Another long “live and learn story”. Let’s not excuse everyone’s fan favourite of Andy from Trusty Time irresponsible response of telling me to send it back. Only now that I’ve made some noise, he mentioned we could’ve sent replacement parts, but this was never mentioned in the previous 25 emails we went back and forth on. Yes it took 2 months and 25 emails before I said enough is enough. So don’t @ me for calling a spade a spade. Had I made the decision to send the watch vs another known option at the time, I would solely own it all. But hey “You live and learn”……Never buy from Trusty unless you want to learn a lesson.

I bought many watches and no issues. So your 1 bad experience vs my 6 good experiences? But Andrew did what anyone would do, which is tell you to send it back. But you learned and you will find another TD which you will take all lessons here and find them better. Take care.

Reactions: kavorca1

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
But hey “You live and learn”……Never buy from Trusty unless you want to learn a lesson.
It sounds like you really needed to do a lot more learning before you started. None of what you described can be blamed on Andrew. Every TD’s standard response to a broken watch is “send it back to us”. There are a zillion threads here that make it abundantly clear this is a bad thing to do.

Also, $150 to ship it back..? How..? Why..?

And no, I’m not a Trusty fanboy. I also started off using Trusty, but once I realised it’s not just “Andrew” you’ll deal with but a whole team of employees, and that some are far less helpful than others, and that Trusty’s shipping charges are high, and they hide their discount policy so it’s not offered unless you know about it, and so on… I switched to other TDs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andreab0

Looking Around
30/5/19
I'll share my experience

I bought 6 watches from Andrew

1 A carbon Audemars - was never usable I sent it back and it came to me with the clasp broken again. After sending it back twice which takes months... I gave up. Money thrown to the bin and I could not find a local shop tto help me fix it.

2 A PF nautilus perpetual: this copy is not that bad. I'm not excited about it but it's fair.

3 A royal oak dark knight : this was actually very good. The only good one I ever got from him.

4 An Audemars w tourbillon : very poor quality stops frequently. Almost never worn. Money thrown to the bin.

5 A VC perpetual: super poor quality. I sent it back as it was rattling with loose pieces when moving. I got it back in a very poor state again. I tried again and again to give it back to no avail. Money thrown to the bin.

6 A black rolex submariner: embarrassing low quality. I'd never ever wear this in my life. Again no way to get this back to him. Money to the bin.

Total spend around 4000 usd. Let's put it this way... I paid 4000usd and wasted many days and headaches for 1 good dark knight replica.

Never ever again.

Reactions: Firedude2020

Firedude2020

Horology Curious
25/11/21
I'll share my experience

1 A carbon Audemars - was never usable I sent it back and it came to me with the clasp broken again. After sending it back twice which takes months... I gave up. Money thrown to the bin and I could not find a local shop tto help me fix it.

2 A PF nautilus perpetual: this copy is not that bad. I'm not excited about it but it's fair.

3 A royal oak dark knight : this was actually very good. The only good one I ever got from him.

4 An Audemars w tourbillon : very poor quality stops frequently. Almost never worn. Money thrown to the bin.

5 A VC perpetual: super poor quality. I sent it back as it was rattling with loose pieces when moving. I got it back in a very poor state again. I tried again and again to give it back to no avail. Money thrown to the bin.

6 A black rolex submariner: embarrassing low quality. I'd never ever wear this in my life. Again no way to get this back to him. Money to the bin.

Total spend around 4000 usd. Let's put it this way... I paid 4000usd and wasted many days and headaches for 1 good dark knight replica.

Never ever again.

As many as these fanboys will say “Lessoned learned”. I feel your pain. The reputation is quite high for Trusty but clearly there are gaps….and before I get quoted a million times, I know everyone has gaps. End of rant. I’ve moved on to another trusted dealer, and it isn’t Trusty Time.

Firedude2020

Horology Curious
25/11/21
It sounds like you really needed to do a lot more learning before you started. None of what you described can be blamed on Andrew. Every TD’s standard response to a broken watch is “send it back to us”. There are a zillion threads here that make it abundantly clear this is a bad thing to do.

Also, $150 to ship it back..? How..? Why..?

And no, I’m not a Trusty fanboy. I also started off using Trusty, but once I realised it’s not just “Andrew” you’ll deal with but a whole team of employees, and that some are far less helpful than others, and that Trusty’s shipping charges are high, and they hide their discount policy so it’s not offered unless you know about it, and so on… I switched to other TDs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing out and deflecting the obvious. I must do better. I must read more, I must clearly do much more to ensure dealers like Trusty Time don’t have to do anything to improve.

What was I thinking, I should’ve known better but to hold anyone accountable but myself.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
What was I thinking, I should’ve known better but to hold anyone accountable but myself.
Always nice to see when realisation hits someone like a thunderbolt.

I mean, assuming that's not sarcasm. Because it doesn't really seem like you'd be in a position to sling sarcasm about, given that you're the one who spent $150 shipping a fake watch into China.

RYenZero

Professional Coin Tosser
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/4/20
United States
I hate hearing when others have had negative experiences with Trusty. I’ve purchased close to 20 watches from Trusty, and overall I’ve been quite pleased with the quality and service.

On the 3 separate occasions where I did have an issue, but Andrew stood behind what he’d sold and paid for repairs each and every time.

On one of those occasions, I did spend $70 usd shipping back to China and it was a nightmare. Took 4 months only for the watch to be returned back to me for unpaid customs of $10 usd. And as frustrated as I was, I don’t put that on Andrew. Unfortunately, that’s just one of the risks one takes.

Now, I know to only have my watches repaired in CONUS (OASCOM).

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:

doctor-g

Horology Curious
28/10/21

First of all, Thank you Andrew for letting him return the watch.. you did follow the policy and you did what you can.

2nd of all, Who would sent the replica item back to its origin for a FIX? I have read nothing but negitive feedbacks from us who sent the item back....

3rd of all, I bought some watches from pretty much all venders here. They were all pretty responsive and following their policy.....

4th of all, "HEY Mom.... how come I scored D- from my English class?" " GO DO UR HOMEWORK SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Mom says!!

5th of all, CASE CLOSED

Last edited:
Reactions: EuroTime25

Gaurav_347

Looking Around
5/1/22
I'll share my experience

Never ever again.

These dealers are minting money from people like you. You are paying 20-30x for the same watches . You could have gone to Guangzhou and buy a suitcase filled with various watches for the same value.